stoppie/endo

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:12 AM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person
Re: stoppie/endo

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
progression my friend. If you cant buy a stabilizer, lower the front tire pressure to help stabliize the bike. and widen your clip ons too. you'll start to gain distance once you get more comfortable bringing it up at higher speeds. you dont need to go past 2nd gear for now and 1st gear should be plenty right now. Good luck. Stoppies are way more fun the wheelies. Or at least from what i remember lol it's been awhile since I've done them. Have fun
**** hommie, you were the master.... I had DV8 on loop on all screens back in the day at Plano Honda in Texas....
Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 AM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by xAzNxYzfxR6x
lol i dunno who u are but obviously you like to say random ****....cuz im not doing power wheelies

@ Raven - what kind of clip ons should i get and how long did it take u to get used to goin to bp cuz that **** is scary lol
by the very definition, and watching the video, you are doing power wheelies. At 5:01 in the video you stall it like three times attempting to do "something" with the clutch, so I don't know. Your wheelies you are doing on approach are "scary" to me, I see a lot of expensive parts in your future. Your bike is set up for street riding, with the exception of the cage.

I'm no "expert" and will NEVER be a pro, hell I'm too old to even worry about it, but I can wheelie my bike, and I can roll decent looking stoppies. My bike weighs a metric ton (954 with twelve bar, cage, steel EVERYTHING that breaks) I read some seriously good input on this thread with some dudes really trying to help you out. That guy you kinda slammed, said it perfect about the power wheelies. You ARE power wheelie'n it as you are letting the bike's torque curve lift the front end up. I don't know what your gearing is, but I'm -1/+10 on a 954 and when I take off, even hauling ***, I don't lift the front end up like that. It's out of control, too fast, and can and will result in a nasty tank slapper. The bike might survive, but you will be hurt, and eventually, your ***** will get bigger, and you will drop a pow pow on it and it will loop out extremely nasty.

As for the subcage and twelve bar... Someone once told me, that the first time you twelve it, you WILL wreck, the truth is, you will wreck A LOT until you can slow it down slow enough to gently fall back and scrape it, and recover. When you monkey slam that thing down, you wreck. It's just physics. Power wheelies help accelerate the process of wrecking, and the fucked up part is you wreck really bad, really hard, and really fast, and REALLY **** your bike up, that pretty green and red Mr Grinch thing you got going will be all jacked up.

That is all, and yes, I'm a complete dick. I'm also old and have been riding sportbikes since 1991/92... But mostly a dick. Take these guys advice. They are way better than me. I'm just telling you what I see.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:08 AM

domminic59 is a decent person

the footbrake is by far the most important thing..lol.. you're chasing those wheelies.. you should be popping the wheel up and then pushing the brake so it brings it right down..
eventually, it'll become second nature to always be using it..

--------------------------------------------------
Kerastase Nutritive
Kerastase Resistance

Old 06-29-2010, 12:47 AM

xAzNxYzfxR6x is a decent person

signs of improvement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwUwiXtAHFo
Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 AM

~03~raven is a decent person

Just need to get over that fear of it coming up man. Keep riding with that guy, it looks like he can probably help you out some.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

why dont you try clutching from a dead stop..or real close to it....
Old 06-29-2010, 02:36 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

you are power wheelieing for sure
Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by beardo
you are power wheelieing for sure
i was in 2nd gear the whole time and i didnt power wheelie it i clutched it up
Old 06-29-2010, 10:50 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

you are still chaseing it and it is still a pow pow..... try to learn bp in first gear...when you have it then work on second gear stuff. if you crash doing what your doing now....it might be the end of you making wheelies
Old 06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I.C.

champroze is a decent person

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
I always ride by myself....lol stupid but no one else around here likes the pay off i guess
i feel u! had2ride like that4awhile. be safe bruh.

BUT YES, SEAT TIME, LIKE THEY SAY!! DO WORK!!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 PM

tobekpl is a decent person

when I land my wheelies, sometimes I really slam the front +and my nutts, does it come down really hard with the footbreak?

..prolli gonna need new forkseals soon :/
Old 06-30-2010, 01:49 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

only if you kill the brake...lol you can also give it a little gas and ease it down but if you smash the brakes it will slam down...
Old 07-12-2010, 06:45 PM

so yea i looped on a stoppie today good thing i been learning at like 30-40 mph so just a lil scratch on the elbow but yea wish my camera wasnt dead or else i would of posted a video of it
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xAzNxYzfxR6x
so yea i looped on a stoppie today good thing i been learning at like 30-40 mph so just a lil scratch on the elbow but yea wish my camera wasnt dead or else i would of posted a video of it

no video it didn't happen.

sorryi don't make the rules

wait...just a scratch you say...post pic of the scratch for proof.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:11 AM

JoeDirt1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by lee majors
lol
Old 07-26-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by lee majors
no video it didn't happen.

sorryi don't make the rules

lol funny guy