stoppie/endo

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:00 PM

xAzNxYzfxR6x is a decent person
stoppie/endo

so im starting to **** with stoppies i get them up pretty high but i only ride them for like 2-3 ft maybe i was wondering how you guys ride them out so far and i hate it when my front brake locks up on me and i bust my shins on my cage

-edit- im also tryin to learn my bp/ slow wheelies should i raise my idle?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:19 PM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person
Re: stoppie/endo

stoppies are somethin you wanna work ur was in to cuz if u go too far no brake gonna bring u down unless its on ur head
and play with ur idle up and down to see where ur most comfy.and practice,practice,practice.seat time is the key.stay at it and good luck
Old 05-01-2010, 03:52 PM

WILL215 is a decent person

Originally Posted by PAINTRIXX
stoppies are somethin you wanna work ur was in to cuz if u go too far no brake gonna bring u down unless its on ur head
and play with ur idle up and down to see where ur most comfy.and practice,practice,practice.seat time is the key.stay at it and good luck

yea flippin stoppies sux
Old 05-01-2010, 04:18 PM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

Originally Posted by WILL215
yea flippin stoppies sux
i have a titanium rod in my femur to prove it
Old 05-01-2010, 04:31 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

your not high at all if your only rollin 3 feet lol go at a faster speed to learn.....not 100 try a decent speed in 2nd gear. BUY A STABILIZER!!!!!!!
work on em at your own pace.....stoppies can seriously hurt or cripple you. wear a back protector to!!

as for rolling them, there is a balance point on the front wheel. when I am rolling im floating them alot, which means im not on the brake. takes alot of practice and knowing your bike like the back of your hand
Old 05-01-2010, 04:33 PM

nowhere_bound is a decent person

That's why I bring a friend and a camera to the lot. So I can see what I'm doing and know how it feels. Also because I'm still a newb and crash footage is cool....after the pain goes away.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:35 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

Originally Posted by nowhere_bound
That's why I bring a friend and a camera to the lot. So I can see what I'm doing and know how it feels. Also because I'm still a newb and crash footage is cool....after the pain goes away.
I always ride by myself....lol stupid but no one else around here likes the pay off i guess
Old 05-01-2010, 05:06 PM

haynmogli is a decent person

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
I always ride by myself....lol stupid but no one else around here likes the pay off i guess
+1...sucks even more cause im trying to learn still
Old 05-01-2010, 05:28 PM

zookiezook is a decent person

your not high at all if your only rollin 3 feet lol go at a faster
+1 lol
Old 05-01-2010, 09:55 PM

wreckin_repsol is a decent person

Originally Posted by haynmogli
+1...sucks even more cause im trying to learn still

+1 Im the only one around where i live that trys to stunt....atleast im on top for all the comptition haha
Old 05-01-2010, 10:41 PM
JPayne

jeremy payne is a decent person

Stoppies are the most dangerous trick in stunt riding.. its not like a wheelie were theres a back brake to save u if u go a little to far!! But just take it little by little and and get a little higher ever time.. It also helps if u have your butt a few intches off the seat and put your nuts on the tank..
Old 05-01-2010, 11:28 PM

your not high at all if your only rollin 3 feet lol go at a faster speed to learn.....not 100 try a decent speed in 2nd gear. BUY A STABILIZER!!!!!!!
work on em at your own pace.....stoppies can seriously hurt or cripple you. wear a back protector to!!

as for rolling them, there is a balance point on the front wheel. when I am rolling im floating them alot, which means im not on the brake. takes alot of practice and knowing your bike like the back of your hand
yea i start mine off in second doing like 30 when i pull my front brake i get them pretty high but i only ride them for like 3 ft. today i rode one for like 6 ft lol i was suprised but it wasnt as high as normal

-edit- ill post a video up i went out for like 10 mins to **** around before i got something to eat

Last edited by xAzNxYzfxR6x; 05-01-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: =]
Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

Originally Posted by xAzNxYzfxR6x
yea i start mine off in second doing like 30 when i pull my front brake i get them pretty high but i only ride them for like 3 ft. today i rode one for like 6 ft lol i was suprised but it wasnt as high as normal

-edit- ill post a video up i went out for like 10 mins to **** around before i got something to eat
im rolling 220+ at 100 foot approach.....
Old 05-01-2010, 11:46 PM

i feel ya on that one man no1 stunts around here they all about the twisties n shiz

-edit- heres the vid kinda sucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh5jz7DGrZ8

Last edited by xAzNxYzfxR6x; 05-02-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:32 AM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

Awww man.. I feel bad for you man.. You're out there all alone practicing.. Thats good though. keep putting work in..

Edit: youre going way to fast in those wheelies though. lol. And i wouldnt even be ******* with endo's right now.. They are not forgiving..

Last edited by Annoying Eric; 05-02-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Annoying Eric
Awww man.. I feel bad for you man.. You're out there all alone practicing.. Thats good though. keep putting work in..

Edit: youre going way to fast in those wheelies though. lol. And i wouldnt even be ******* with endo's right now.. They are not forgiving..
yea it sucks riding alone but gotta put in work somehow and yea i havent really tried to hit bp im scared lol. i think i hit it a few times by accident when doin wheelies and it was a kool feeling but scared the **** outta me. to do slow wheelies should i raise my idle?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:26 AM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xAzNxYzfxR6x
yea it sucks riding alone but gotta put in work somehow and yea i havent really tried to hit bp im scared lol. i think i hit it a few times by accident when doin wheelies and it was a kool feeling but scared the **** outta me. to do slow wheelies should i raise my idle?

If i were you, I would take the fairings and nose off that bike. I saw the pictures of it. It is really nice and im sure you want to keep it that way.. haha.. So while youre learning, try and make it so nothing thats expensive gets broken.

Crank your idle up, ride a little bit so you can center yourself then stop with the rear brake and then clutch it up... That was the advice i was giving when i was learning.. I think it worked amazing.. Maybe sure you learn that footbrake though..
Old 05-02-2010, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Annoying Eric
If i were you, I would take the fairings and nose off that bike. I saw the pictures of it. It is really nice and im sure you want to keep it that way.. haha.. So while youre learning, try and make it so nothing thats expensive gets broken.

Crank your idle up, ride a little bit so you can center yourself then stop with the rear brake and then clutch it up... That was the advice i was giving when i was learning.. I think it worked amazing.. Maybe sure you learn that footbrake though..
yea i havent been using the rear brake lol but ill try n **** around with my idle next time i go out

-edit- what should i crank my idle to?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:29 AM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

progression my friend. If you cant buy a stabilizer, lower the front tire pressure to help stabliize the bike. and widen your clip ons too. you'll start to gain distance once you get more comfortable bringing it up at higher speeds. you dont need to go past 2nd gear for now and 1st gear should be plenty right now. Good luck. Stoppies are way more fun the wheelies. Or at least from what i remember lol it's been awhile since I've done them. Have fun
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 AM
KING annoyingeric

The footbrake is by far the most important thing..lol.. Youre chasing those wheelies.. You should be poping the wheel up and then pushing the brake so it brings it right down.. Eventually, it'll become second nature to always be using it.

Quick Reply: stoppie/endo