stoppie/endo

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 AM

xAzNxYzfxR6x is a decent person
Re: stoppie/endo

Originally Posted by Annoying Eric
The footbrake is by far the most important thing..lol.. Youre chasing those wheelies.. You should be poping the wheel up and then pushing the brake so it brings it right down.. Eventually, it'll become second nature to always be using it.
yea i should start using my rear brake but its just a habit to kill the throttle i almost looped it one day scared **** outta me
Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 AM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

I dont know what my idle is ever at.. I never had gauges.. lol but maybe 3000...
Old 05-02-2010, 01:33 AM

lol aight ill try 3000

-edit- but how do you guys clutch it up and slow it down? i be watchin vids and they make that **** look so easy it comes up all extra smooth and they just ride slow *** wheelies forever but when i try that **** man aint even close lol...
Old 05-02-2010, 01:38 AM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

That is brake control. You clutch it up, then tap the brake so it puts you in that sweet spot..
Old 05-02-2010, 02:20 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by xAzNxYzfxR6x
how do you guys clutch it up and slow it down? i be watchin vids and they make that **** look so easy it comes up all extra smooth and they just ride slow *** wheelies forever but when i try that **** man aint even close lol...
i cant do it...cant even catch bp right now...but to answer your question, they let the bike get a little past balance point so they have to either tap the brake(slowing it down) or loop it/hit the bar.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 AM

stunt305 is a decent person

im doing the same thing, riding everyday by myself so props for that i know its not always fun and easy but in that vid u posted i saw quite a few burnout marks on the pavement that did not seem like you made them so theres obviously other people that ride there... so go find em' yeah?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by stunt305
im doing the same thing, riding everyday by myself so props for that i know its not always fun and easy but in that vid u posted i saw quite a few burnout marks on the pavement that did not seem like you made them so theres obviously other people that ride there... so go find em' yeah?
yea ive met them a couple times but i havent seen them around lately
Old 05-02-2010, 12:01 PM

ckassen is a decent person

Im a newb by these guys standards, but i started out doing the same thing. U just need to train your mind to always hit the back brake when you feel like your getting 2 high. I would just hit the back brake when I wanted to set it down even if I wasnt very high, it got my mind into the habit of using it.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:48 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
your not high at all if your only rollin 3 feet lol go at a faster speed to learn.....not 100 try a decent speed in 2nd gear. BUY A STABILIZER!!!!!!!
work on em at your own pace.....stoppies can seriously hurt or cripple you. wear a back protector to!!

as for rolling them, there is a balance point on the front wheel. when I am rolling im floating them alot, which means im not on the brake. takes alot of practice and knowing your bike like the back of your hand
dont forget black sox they are key to the stoppie game
Old 05-02-2010, 01:51 PM

RUFFRYDERF4IZZL is a decent person

flipped 5x last year now im floating them pretty good took third at stuntgames dont ask what we rolled chizzy was to lazy to get a tape out and measure lol
Old 05-02-2010, 01:55 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

when you CLUTCH up the wheelie make sure the bike is almost at a stop clutch it up at like 5mph and it will come up real quick and smooth then grab the break. what size sprocket do you have on that thing?
Old 05-02-2010, 02:34 PM

Stuck In S.D is a decent person

no doubt, thats what i'm working on.... i put my idle at 3k and it works better for me... otherwise i'm going like 10 miles an hour and i have to krank it to like 10 11 k to get it up high enough and its kinda scary with my 6 inch can its loud as ****. and 1 of my last wheelies came up so fast my left hand rolled off the bar and the left one almost 2 and that was using one finger to clutch. comes up smoother with less throttle when i turn it to 3

whats up eric?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
when you CLUTCH up the wheelie make sure the bike is almost at a stop clutch it up at like 5mph and it will come up real quick and smooth then grab the break. what size sprocket do you have on that thing?
55 tooth
Old 05-02-2010, 07:49 PM

so yea i went out for a lil bit to try out the raised idle it makes wheelies easier but it scared the **** outta me a few times when it came up higher then usual it got too shitty out so i stopped riding ill post vid once its done uploading

-edit- heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddwFHrJREjI

Last edited by xAzNxYzfxR6x; 05-02-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
dont forget black sox they are key to the stoppie game
THIS IS TRUE!!!
i about flipped on today....
Old 05-02-2010, 10:47 PM
KING annoyingeric

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
THIS IS TRUE!!!
i about flipped on today....

I'm assuming you were wearing white sox today then..lol
Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Annoying Eric
I'm assuming you were wearing white sox today then..lol
nooooo! I had the dickies and short socks
Old 05-03-2010, 12:13 AM

KennyCBR600F3 is an unknown quantity at this point

so yea i went out for a lil bit to try out the raised idle it makes wheelies easier but it scared the **** outta me a few times when it came up higher then usual it got too shitty out so i stopped riding ill post vid once its done uploading

-edit- heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddwFHrJREjI
dude... your chasing them... take onewheelneals advice that he gave the old dude... you need to get a bar on your bike and just clutch it up from a dead stop to the bar to park it... and figure out where your bar is so your not so scared to clutch it up higher... ur camera is on top of your helmet and from the looks of it your are trying to do sitdowns... try doing staggered wheelies... or just go buy a pit bike and practice on that... im not being a hater but from the looks of it your bike is minty and your really gonna f*** that thing up if you come down off a pow pow and accidentally grab a handful of throttle and loop your ****... ive seen it many many times and dudes get pissed cuz their bike gets trashed... even with that cage n subcage on there your bike will take a beating.... but good luck and continue to wear as much gear as possible

Last edited by KennyCBR600F3; 05-03-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: ...
Old 05-03-2010, 12:18 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
progression my friend. If you cant buy a stabilizer, lower the front tire pressure to help stabliize the bike. and widen your clip ons too. you'll start to gain distance once you get more comfortable bringing it up at higher speeds. you dont need to go past 2nd gear for now and 1st gear should be plenty right now. Good luck. Stoppies are way more fun the wheelies. Or at least from what i remember lol it's been awhile since I've done them. Have fun
Out of all the threads you choose to come out of left field and post in
Old 05-03-2010, 03:03 AM
needs a gpr

gsx_r_zoom is a decent person

i feel ya on that one man no1 stunts around here they all about the twisties n shiz

-edit- heres the vid kinda sucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh5jz7DGrZ8

that spots looks sick tho.. as from all the tire skids id say its pretty popular spot.
as for the stoppies just stick to first gear really no need to mess with second until you have a stabilizer other wise that *** end is gonna swing around on you and get u in all sorts of tank slapping. and for the bp rear brake lol once u go over the back once you will learn fast y relying on engine brake just isn't the best idea. I to ride alone for the most part, i know theres a large amount of stunners in JAX i just havent gotten around to meeting them i guess. gnna have to chck the ups spot out.

Quick Reply: stoppie/endo