stoppie/endo

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:11 AM

xAzNxYzfxR6x is a decent person
Re: stoppie/endo

Originally Posted by KennyCBR600F3
dude... your chasing them... take onewheelneals advice that he gave the old dude... you need to get a bar on your bike and just clutch it up from a dead stop to the bar to park it... and figure out where your bar is so your not so scared to clutch it up higher... ur camera is on top of your helmet and from the looks of it your are trying to do sitdowns... try doing staggered wheelies... or just go buy a pit bike and practice on that... im not being a hater but from the looks of it your bike is minty and your really gonna f*** that thing up if you come down off a pow pow and accidentally grab a handful of throttle and loop your ****... ive seen it many many times and dudes get pissed cuz their bike gets trashed... even with that cage n subcage on there your bike will take a beating.... but good luck and continue to wear as much gear as possible
if i get a 12 bar and hit the pavement once with it will my stock subframe break thats what im kinda worried about
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Wheelings my firebladings

CSL-STUNTZ is a decent person

Try starting stationary with your left foot on the floor. Clutch it to the BP then dab the rear brake.

Worked for me.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Start learning to pop that clutch. Power wheelies don't get you anywhere.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:37 PM

~03~raven is a decent person

Originally Posted by xAzNxYzfxR6x
if i get a 12 bar and hit the pavement once with it will my stock subframe break thats what im kinda worried about
If that stock sub frame hits the ground no matter what it's probably going to break. They are weak as hell. Get you an A-town sub frame and 12 bar. Then you might want to do something about your clip ons. IDK maybe that works for you but I can't ride with the clip ons turned in, gotta have mine turned out to square up my shoulders more. I also rock a 55t on the 6 and a stock front, if you bump your idle up to about 3-3.5K it will be money. As for the stoppies are you bouncing the rear before you grab the brake? Bounce with your *** and grip the tank with your knees. Helped me out a lot. Make sure you stay looking ahead of you. If I'm rolling at idle then give it a good 30-40' approach reaching ~30mph I can roll them about 40'. bouncing with the initial brake gab and fading the brakes is what its all about. Just practice practice man.

Also, BP on the 6 is pretty tall man. Practice using the rear brake for sitting the front end back down, and get used to that. Then like others have said get used to bringing it up and catching the bike with the brake to slow them down more.(I'm still working on that myself) Once you get comfortable enough you can really focus and pay attention to the front wheel and forks(at least that's what I do) while you are covering the clutch(encase you go too far), covering the rear brake, and being smooth on/off the throttle. I look for the fender and front wheel and as I see it raising up infront of my face I'm using the forks almost like the sight on a gun to aim down the lot. Not sure if that makes any sense at all but that's what worked for me for getting BP. Stay at it man you will get it.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
Start learning to pop that clutch. Power wheelies don't get you anywhere.
lol i dunno who u are but obviously you like to say random ****....cuz im not doing power wheelies

@ Raven - what kind of clip ons should i get and how long did it take u to get used to goin to bp cuz that **** is scary lol

Last edited by xAzNxYzfxR6x; 05-03-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 PM

lol i dunno who u are but obviously you like to say random ****....cuz im not doing power wheelies

@ Raven - what kind of clip ons should i get and how long did it take u to get used to goin to bp cuz that **** is scary lol
Dude just whatever clip ons. I would say just flip and turn out the stock ones but I've heard they are pretty weak. I have SI side mount 1" raised clip ons but people are rocking all kinds of stuff. Really just whatever you like. I just think it really makes your body positioning feel a lot better. As for BP man it took me a good month or so to get used to coming up that high and I was still chop-chop-choppin the throttle and forgetting to use the rear brake at that point, finally got used to using the rear brake and it's finally like second nature(one day it just clicked, don't ask me how or why). Now I'm still working on catching the bike with the brake. I can bring it up right before balance and rock it back and hold it steady about 15-20mph(guessing) no prob. Just trying to bring it behind balance and hold it at idle. So far I keep braking a little too much and having to give it a little gas to keep it up and avoid mouse trapping the bike. My progression sure hasn't been fast so don't feel bad if yours isn't. Just stay at it.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by ~03~raven
Dude just whatever clip ons. I would say just flip and turn out the stock ones but I've heard they are pretty weak. I have SI side mount 1" raised clip ons but people are rocking all kinds of stuff. Really just whatever you like. I just think it really makes your body positioning feel a lot better. As for BP man it took me a good month or so to get used to coming up that high and I was still chop-chop-choppin the throttle and forgetting to use the rear brake at that point, finally got used to using the rear brake and it's finally like second nature(one day it just clicked, don't ask me how or why). Now I'm still working on catching the bike with the brake. I can bring it up right before balance and rock it back and hold it steady about 15-20mph(guessing) no prob. Just trying to bring it behind balance and hold it at idle. So far I keep braking a little too much and having to give it a little gas to keep it up and avoid mouse trapping the bike. My progression sure hasn't been fast so don't feel bad if yours isn't. Just stay at it.
yea i went out and rode a lil today and i used the rear brake but it sure does come down hard when i tap it
Old 05-04-2010, 12:29 AM
"STUNTING IS A HABIT"

STUNTERJESS is a decent person

yea it takes a while to get to balance point but i usually use my body to initiate it and hold on cuz once bp comes around even now my heart drops but rolls really smooth and make sure you have some really good soft front tire. I notice that the soft compound doesnt skid as bad and is alot smoother when up. As far as slow wheelies you just gotta know how to wack it up to bp and ride the brake and you'll be coming down hard for the first couples times but it's takin me alot of seat time to get to know my bike to get it to that sweet spot. Again everyone is not the same everyone uses their own techniques to do tricks but always good to try different ones to see what suits you best. Good Luck man keep at it and the r6's have twitchy throttle but people like it cuz of the challenge especially my r6!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by STUNTERJESS
yea it takes a while to get to balance point but i usually use my body to initiate it and hold on cuz once bp comes around even now my heart drops but rolls really smooth and make sure you have some really good soft front tire. I notice that the soft compound doesnt skid as bad and is alot smoother when up. As far as slow wheelies you just gotta know how to wack it up to bp and ride the brake and you'll be coming down hard for the first couples times but it's takin me alot of seat time to get to know my bike to get it to that sweet spot. Again everyone is not the same everyone uses their own techniques to do tricks but always good to try different ones to see what suits you best. Good Luck man keep at it and the r6's have twitchy throttle but people like it cuz of the challenge especially my r6!
i was ****** around wit my stoppies today and my front brake locked up on me like 10+ times i got tired of it and stopped riding for the day
Old 05-04-2010, 05:19 PM

KennyCBR600F3 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i went out and rode a lil today and i used the rear brake but it sure does come down hard when i tap it
it came down hard cuz ur not close to bp yet... its good that u r using it tho
Old 05-04-2010, 05:39 PM

i was ****** around wit my stoppies today and my front brake locked up on me like 10+ times i got tired of it and stopped riding for the day
You bouncing with your *** on the seat good? Like I said before bounce with your ***(I'm sure you could pump with your legs too like you would for bouncing a wheelie but I haven't tried) and use your knees to grip the tank when you are initiating the stoppie. That will help lift the rear without requiring as much initial grab. Unless the lot was dirty or your tire is really cold it shouldn't be locking up everytime.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 PM

You bouncing with your *** on the seat good? Like I said before bounce with your ***(I'm sure you could pump with your legs too like you would for bouncing a wheelie but I haven't tried) and use your knees to grip the tank when you are initiating the stoppie. That will help lift the rear without requiring as much initial grab. Unless the lot was dirty or your tire is really cold it shouldn't be locking up everytime.
i dunno **** got annoyin though but today i was doing them fine i was doing wat u said use ur body to initiate it and it came up
Old 05-05-2010, 01:54 AM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

+1 ^^^^

when i first learned how to do rollin stoppies thats the advise i got. just b4 you hit the front break bounce your *** on the seat. just like you do for wheelies but in reverse

the main thing is get rid of the plastics, put the man pants on and go get it. crashing is part of the game, and theres no good way to bail a stoppie. its all *****, and as it was said practice, practice, and practice some more.
good luck with it man
Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 AM
"STUNTING IS A HABIT"

STUNTERJESS is a decent person

Get good tires too less skidding!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:17 PM

what up fellaz im back in town for a few days before i leave again for more training =[ but when i get back ima tune my bike up wit my fatty paycheck and it should be sunny here by then =]
Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 PM

zookiezook is a decent person

buy a 4 wheeler or little dirt bike and practice on that ... u can drop a quad all u want and that shyt aint gonna break ...
then take all the farirings off your bike or buy a cheap stunter cause ur gonna drop it ... point blank ....
and dont rush it man .. make sure your 100% comfortable on your bike before you try doing things your not ready for ... and i wouldnt worry about stoppies till u get wheelies down
good luck
Old 05-30-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by zookiezook
buy a 4 wheeler or little dirt bike and practice on that ... u can drop a quad all u want and that shyt aint gonna break ...
then take all the farirings off your bike or buy a cheap stunter cause ur gonna drop it ... point blank ....
and dont rush it man .. make sure your 100% comfortable on your bike before you try doing things your not ready for ... and i wouldnt worry about stoppies till u get wheelies down
good luck
yea i was thinkin bout buying a stunt bike or dirt bike but not many stunt bikes around where im from and dirt bike im not so sure..i could just go down the street and **** around on my buddys fiddy
Old 05-31-2010, 08:24 AM

domminic59 is a decent person

its a lot more comfortable because the bike comes up slower and not as snappy as it will when you gear it. i've known a lot of people who though a big sprocket would help them learn wheelies, and all it did was put them on their back.
learn on stock. when you can catch idle, then switch.. simple..

-----------------------------------
Kerastase Nutritive
Kerastase Resistance

Old 05-31-2010, 09:51 AM

fatttony is a decent person

from the vids cant tell if your prep before you stunt. theres a lot of small things you do before stunting. that helps do the stunt. example, check tires, on the street i run 20-22 psi but on the lot i run 13-18 psi. also take a ride around the lot and look for stones ,new gease and oil patches. while your doing that it warms up your tires and brakes witch helps alot no matter what stunt your trying. and the reason your not foalting your stoppie is so many newbe just grab the frony brake and thinks thats it but you have to let it out when you find the bp. an old head told me this years ago on here that help a lot. wheelies = 80% gas to the bp and 10% to ride it. same as a stoppie 80% brake brings it to the bp and 10% or a light drag on the brakes help kepts it there so you can ride it out
Old 06-02-2010, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by fatttony
from the vids cant tell if your prep before you stunt. theres a lot of small things you do before stunting. that helps do the stunt. example, check tires, on the street i run 20-22 psi but on the lot i run 13-18 psi. also take a ride around the lot and look for stones ,new gease and oil patches. while your doing that it warms up your tires and brakes witch helps alot no matter what stunt your trying. and the reason your not foalting your stoppie is so many newbe just grab the frony brake and thinks thats it but you have to let it out when you find the bp. an old head told me this years ago on here that help a lot. wheelies = 80% gas to the bp and 10% to ride it. same as a stoppie 80% brake brings it to the bp and 10% or a light drag on the brakes help kepts it there so you can ride it out
good advice only problem is finding BP itself lol... i can do stoppies just cant ride them im not sure where the BP is for a stoppie i just **** around with them everytime i ride. i been gettin smoother with my throttle control for wheelies i actually ride them out for a bit now but it aint in BP i think im gonna wait till i get a new subframe and 12 bar before i actually **** around with BP.

and i run 30-35 psi in my rear and stock in the front

Quick Reply: stoppie/endo