Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   stoppie/endo (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/277438-stoppie-endo.html)

xAzNxYzfxR6x 05-01-2010 03:00 PM

stoppie/endo

so im starting to fuck with stoppies i get them up pretty high but i only ride them for like 2-3 ft maybe i was wondering how you guys ride them out so far and i hate it when my front brake locks up on me and i bust my shins on my cage

-edit- im also tryin to learn my bp/ slow wheelies should i raise my idle?

PAINTRIXX 05-01-2010 03:19 PM

Re: stoppie/endo

stoppies are somethin you wanna work ur was in to cuz if u go too far no brake gonna bring u down unless its on ur head:banghead:banghead
and play with ur idle up and down to see where ur most comfy.and practice,practice,practice.seat time is the key.stay at it and good luck:apimp

WILL215 05-01-2010 03:52 PM

[quote=PAINTRIXX;4318151]stoppies are somethin you wanna work ur was in to cuz if u go too far no brake gonna bring u down unless its on ur head:banghead:banghead
and play with ur idle up and down to see where ur most comfy.and practice,practice,practice.seat time is the key.stay at it and good luck:apimp[/quote]

yea flippin stoppies sux:banghead

PAINTRIXX 05-01-2010 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=WILL215;4318161]yea flippin stoppies sux:banghead[/QUOTE]

i have a titanium rod in my femur to prove it:banghead:banghead

!!A2K!! 05-01-2010 04:31 PM

your not high at all if your only rollin 3 feet lol go at a faster speed to learn.....not 100 try a decent speed in 2nd gear. BUY A STABILIZER!!!!!!!
work on em at your own pace.....stoppies can seriously hurt or cripple you. wear a back protector to!!

as for rolling them, there is a balance point on the front wheel. when I am rolling im floating them alot, which means im not on the brake. takes alot of practice and knowing your bike like the back of your hand

nowhere_bound 05-01-2010 04:33 PM

That's why I bring a friend and a camera to the lot. So I can see what I'm doing and know how it feels. Also because I'm still a newb and crash footage is cool....after the pain goes away.

!!A2K!! 05-01-2010 04:35 PM

[quote=nowhere_bound;4318184]That's why I bring a friend and a camera to the lot. So I can see what I'm doing and know how it feels. Also because I'm still a newb and crash footage is cool....after the pain goes away.[/quote]

I always ride by myself....lol stupid but no one else around here likes the pay off i guess:shruggs

haynmogli 05-01-2010 05:06 PM

[QUOTE=!!A2K!!;4318185]I always ride by myself....lol stupid but no one else around here likes the pay off i guess:shruggs[/QUOTE]

+1...sucks even more cause im trying to learn still

zookiezook 05-01-2010 05:28 PM

[quote=!!A2K!!;4318183]your not high at all if your only rollin 3 feet lol go at a faster [/quote]
+1 lol

wreckin_repsol 05-01-2010 09:55 PM

[quote=haynmogli;4318193]+1...sucks even more cause im trying to learn still[/quote]

+1 Im the only one around where i live that trys to stunt....atleast im on top for all the comptition haha

jeremy payne 05-01-2010 10:41 PM

Stoppies are the most dangerous trick in stunt riding.. its not like a wheelie were theres a back brake to save u if u go a little to far!! But just take it little by little and and get a little higher ever time.. It also helps if u have your butt a few intches off the seat and put your nuts on the tank..:2cents

xAzNxYzfxR6x 05-01-2010 11:28 PM

[quote=!!A2K!!;4318183]your not high at all if your only rollin 3 feet lol go at a faster speed to learn.....not 100 try a decent speed in 2nd gear. BUY A STABILIZER!!!!!!!
work on em at your own pace.....stoppies can seriously hurt or cripple you. wear a back protector to!!

as for rolling them, there is a balance point on the front wheel. when I am rolling im floating them alot, which means im not on the brake. takes alot of practice and knowing your bike like the back of your hand[/quote]

yea i start mine off in second doing like 30 when i pull my front brake i get them pretty high but i only ride them for like 3 ft. today i rode one for like 6 ft lol i was suprised but it wasnt as high as normal

-edit- ill post a video up i went out for like 10 mins to fuck around before i got something to eat

!!A2K!! 05-01-2010 11:44 PM

[quote=xAzNxYzfxR6x;4318344]yea i start mine off in second doing like 30 when i pull my front brake i get them pretty high but i only ride them for like 3 ft. today i rode one for like 6 ft lol i was suprised but it wasnt as high as normal

-edit- ill post a video up i went out for like 10 mins to fuck around before i got something to eat[/quote]

im rolling 220+ at 100 foot approach.....:LOL

xAzNxYzfxR6x 05-01-2010 11:46 PM

[quote=!!A2K!!;4318185]I always ride by myself....lol stupid but no one else around here likes the pay off i guess:shruggs[/quote]

i feel ya on that one man no1 stunts around here they all about the twisties n shiz

-edit- heres the vid kinda sucks [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh5jz7DGrZ8[/url]

Annoying Eric 05-02-2010 12:32 AM

Awww man.. I feel bad for you man.. You're out there all alone practicing.. Thats good though. keep putting work in..

Edit: youre going way to fast in those wheelies though. lol. And i wouldnt even be fucking with endo's right now.. They are not forgiving..

xAzNxYzfxR6x 05-02-2010 01:16 AM

[quote=Annoying Eric;4318383]Awww man.. I feel bad for you man.. You're out there all alone practicing.. Thats good though. keep putting work in..

Edit: youre going way to fast in those wheelies though. lol. And i wouldnt even be fucking with endo's right now.. They are not forgiving..[/quote]

yea it sucks riding alone but gotta put in work somehow and yea i havent really tried to hit bp im scared lol. i think i hit it a few times by accident when doin wheelies and it was a kool feeling but scared the shit outta me. to do slow wheelies should i raise my idle?

Annoying Eric 05-02-2010 01:26 AM

[quote=xAzNxYzfxR6x;4318427]yea it sucks riding alone but gotta put in work somehow and yea i havent really tried to hit bp im scared lol. i think i hit it a few times by accident when doin wheelies and it was a kool feeling but scared the shit outta me. to do slow wheelies should i raise my idle?[/quote]

If i were you, I would take the fairings and nose off that bike. I saw the pictures of it. It is really nice and im sure you want to keep it that way.. haha.. So while youre learning, try and make it so nothing thats expensive gets broken.

Crank your idle up, ride a little bit so you can center yourself then stop with the rear brake and then clutch it up... That was the advice i was giving when i was learning.. I think it worked amazing.. Maybe sure you learn that footbrake though..

xAzNxYzfxR6x 05-02-2010 01:27 AM

[quote=Annoying Eric;4318433]If i were you, I would take the fairings and nose off that bike. I saw the pictures of it. It is really nice and im sure you want to keep it that way.. haha.. So while youre learning, try and make it so nothing thats expensive gets broken.

Crank your idle up, ride a little bit so you can center yourself then stop with the rear brake and then clutch it up... That was the advice i was giving when i was learning.. I think it worked amazing.. Maybe sure you learn that footbrake though..[/quote]

yea i havent been using the rear brake lol but ill try n fuck around with my idle next time i go out

-edit- what should i crank my idle to?

Ryan Cramer 05-02-2010 01:29 AM

progression my friend. If you cant buy a stabilizer, lower the front tire pressure to help stabliize the bike. and widen your clip ons too. you'll start to gain distance once you get more comfortable bringing it up at higher speeds. you dont need to go past 2nd gear for now and 1st gear should be plenty right now. Good luck. Stoppies are way more fun the wheelies. Or at least from what i remember lol it's been awhile since I've done them. Have fun

Annoying Eric 05-02-2010 01:30 AM

The footbrake is by far the most important thing..lol.. Youre chasing those wheelies.. You should be poping the wheel up and then pushing the brake so it brings it right down.. Eventually, it'll become second nature to always be using it.