Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Do you really care where this sport goes?
Yes, this is important shit
52.34%
No, I just stunt because its fun
47.66%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Do you really care where this sport goes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 10:53 AM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do you really care where this sport goes?

Originally Posted by TEDDY.B
i think the audience is too thin, too small, too specialized. i agree, how many friends(that don't RIDE) have you shown a video to and they lose intrest in the first 10 min?? let along the fact that they were hardly impressed. these people aren't going to spend $20 to see a show. they don't care if it's on tv. they aren't going to buy products that we use. no sponsor interest!

nascar appeals to alot of people because it uses car names like "chevy, monte carlo" and "ford taurus" these are common cars, everyone knows someone that knows someone that owns one if not two. and people buy produces that the cars use, (ex. dunlop, fram, edlebrock), thus getting and retaining sponsors. not many people (in comparison, and most non riders won't even know what a "gixxer" is) own gixxer 1000s and double R's. no comparison between "nascar" and stunting.

i have respect for those that have will and continue to put in work to progress this sport. good luck!
I have RESPECT for my boy Teddy B for speaking his mind. Much love to all stunters!!!!

Goose
Old 05-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Regular StuntLifer

NYCr6Nukka is an unknown quantity at this point

they should have something just for recognition of the sport cuz people do put mad ***** on the line this aint baseball.....but i do for fun
Old 05-22-2004, 11:56 AM

scrapin12s is an unknown quantity at this point

well i think if the x games are for extreme sports and stuntin is pretty extreme then yeah one day some pencil pusher might notice that we are a different breed and give us a shot STUNT RIDIND IN THE X GAMES WOULD BE GOOD $HIT :YEAH
Old 05-22-2004, 12:09 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by theotherone
you guys are PHKED...how can you stunt & not care where it goes..the only thing I HATE is guys who do it for $$$ that makes me SICK...I guess if you do it because you like it ...thats O.K..BUT you should care where the sport goes...thats my opinion ...theotherone
We just want to ride around and do wheelies all day. We're not trying to be a part of something, but on stuntlife, I always get the feeling that somethings trying to make us a part of it.

Like I said, I'm just here for the wheelies.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:17 PM
I love all hot women!!!

I'm in this sport to one day compete in the X-Games on a national stage and be the best. And the chicks and wheelies are cool too!!!!

Hell, maybe after the X-Games we can compete in the Olympic Games!!!!

Over and out! :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

Goose
Old 05-22-2004, 09:01 PM

OnI750 is an unknown quantity at this point

im in school for student pilot so for the most part ive taken it to the parkinglots. Sure its fun to go tear up the highways but i cant handle the tickets. Its up to every rider to decide what they want to do. But for the hardcore stunters that want to make a future out of it I think the Industry should go somewhere. They spend endless amounts of time practicing and keeping their bikes running , sh|t they should get paid ..
Old 05-22-2004, 09:04 PM

OnI750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
**** who do power wheelies and talk big

OMG cbo .. have u seen my power wheelies!?! off tha chain .. u boys and ur slow **** need to speed it up and jump into the mans fast world!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:01 PM

Stunt Jester 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think this sport is going somewhere, but where i dont know. But you can stop it gettin bigger.

As for me, im just ride for the fun of it, dont do a lot of show or anything, just go out and learn new **** for my own mind, that i know i can do some sick ****.

no one going to stop this sport from growin, look at all the webpages now just for this sport alone.

:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 06-11-2004, 12:46 AM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point

woof mother****** woof mother******
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	max#1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	83141  
Old 06-30-2004, 01:42 AM

Scrapyard is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be cool if this sport went somewhere, but I think its biggest hurtle is marketability. Think about this. Why did FMX, skateboarding and all the X games events take off in the first place? Because of the kind of tricks they do. Every one of those sports leaves the ground at some point. Streetbikes are a bit limited to keeping one wheel on the ground the whole time. Plus they are fast moving sports. Witch means slow stuff, as cool as it is to us, dosn't mean a damn thing to the general public. People have the attention span of a nano second. Basicly the fans watch these sports for the excitment value.

Monster trucks, same princable. Except they're more of the freak show of the motorsports world. But like NASCAR, fans can identify with Ford and Chevy. You go to a truck show, when you walk through the parking lot, how many freak'n 1500's and F-150's do you see? NASCAR took it one step further by bringing houshold names like Tide and Budwiser and plastered them all over the cars. Hell, 20 years ago these guys were runing around dirt tracks in the back woods of NC and KY. Nobody cared about stock car racing. It was something to do on a Friday night for ***** and giggles. Now look at it. It's a multi billion dollar industry. But these are the things the general public identifies with. If it's not parked in their drivway or sitting in their kitchen, it's gona be that much harder for them to get into it.

Now if we look across the pond, it's a different ball game entirley. Motorcycles, especialy streetbikes, have been a part of the European culture since befor most of us were born. Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki ARE household names over there. Plus the tricks they do are fast paced, potential for bodily harm at every moment kinda stuff. They bring in spectators by the 10's of thousands. Weather they ride or not. It's the excitment value that brings the people. I mean, I've seen shows in Germany, were they have what's basicly a movie style stuntshow incorporated in with the bikes. They throw guys over the hoods of cars and ****. Now that's entertaining. Meanwhile, you have bikes riding by the crowd at 50mph with the rear tire smok'n like a 4 alarm fire and freeway speed wheelies in a 500 ft arena.

Basicly, it comes down to this, nobodies gona spend money on the sport if they can't make money on the sport. How do you make money on a sport, you have to bring in the people. If a couple things regaurding the shows were done differently and the tricks went back to thier roots a little, I think the sport has some serious potential.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:23 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scrapyard
It would be cool if this sport went somewhere, but I think its biggest hurtle is marketability. Think about this. Why did FMX, skateboarding and all the X games events take off in the first place? Because of the kind of tricks they do. Every one of those sports leaves the ground at some point. Streetbikes are a bit limited to keeping one wheel on the ground the whole time. Plus they are fast moving sports. Witch means slow stuff, as cool as it is to us, dosn't mean a damn thing to the general public. People have the attention span of a nano second. Basicly the fans watch these sports for the excitment value.

Monster trucks, same princable. Except they're more of the freak show of the motorsports world. But like NASCAR, fans can identify with Ford and Chevy. You go to a truck show, when you walk through the parking lot, how many freak'n 1500's and F-150's do you see? NASCAR took it one step further by bringing houshold names like Tide and Budwiser and plastered them all over the cars. Hell, 20 years ago these guys were runing around dirt tracks in the back woods of NC and KY. Nobody cared about stock car racing. It was something to do on a Friday night for ***** and giggles. Now look at it. It's a multi billion dollar industry. But these are the things the general public identifies with. If it's not parked in their drivway or sitting in their kitchen, it's gona be that much harder for them to get into it.

Now if we look across the pond, it's a different ball game entirley. Motorcycles, especialy streetbikes, have been a part of the European culture since befor most of us were born. Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki ARE household names over there. Plus the tricks they do are fast paced, potential for bodily harm at every moment kinda stuff. They bring in spectators by the 10's of thousands. Weather they ride or not. It's the excitment value that brings the people. I mean, I've seen shows in Germany, were they have what's basicly a movie style stuntshow incorporated in with the bikes. They throw guys over the hoods of cars and ****. Now that's entertaining. Meanwhile, you have bikes riding by the crowd at 50mph with the rear tire smok'n like a 4 alarm fire and freeway speed wheelies in a 500 ft arena.

Basicly, it comes down to this, nobodies gona spend money on the sport if they can't make money on the sport. How do you make money on a sport, you have to bring in the people. If a couple things regaurding the shows were done differently and the tricks went back to thier roots a little, I think the sport has some serious potential.

well said
Old 07-17-2004, 07:01 AM
The Mountain Killer

JonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the rough

This sport is only going north
Old 07-19-2004, 01:43 PM

zedhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Like Scrapyard said, over on this side of the Pond it's the fast, scary smoky stuff that spectators like to see... the slow stuuf, circle wheelies and the like are pure but the genral public isn't particularly excited by it... What gets the crowd baying for more is when there's noise & smooke - people want to see tyres being blown!
It's just a shame that that's one 'trick' that everyone can do!

Over here it is really difficlut finding somewhere to practice - the police are starting to get really heavy on people stunting in public places but even so, the scene is still growing, mostly because it's really easy for anmyone to pull a wheelie on a modern sportsbike... The way it looks at the moment is that there's going to be more people using supermotards as stunt bikes, mostly cos they're easy to use, they crash well, and they're big fun on the twisty back roads we get over here. Hopefully the stunt 'industry' is on the increase here too as there's not many people doing stunt videos (hardly any in fact, with the exception of iq18films.com)

Like many people have said before, if you want to stunt, then go out and stunt. If you want to just watch then just watch, but don't knock anyone for their decision.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:12 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Originally Posted by Goose
I'm in this sport to one day compete in the X-Games on a national stage and be the best. And the chicks and wheelies are cool too!!!!

Hell, maybe after the X-Games we can compete in the Olympic Games!!!!

Over and out! :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

Goose
Can I get a HELL YEAH?????????????
Old 08-04-2004, 12:17 AM

powershifta is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope it goes big so poeple will actually understand it and dont think that stunters are just crazy kids that have a death wish
Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 AM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would love to see this sport go somewhere. im 16 and still learning, but i figure i should be pretty good by the time im in my 20s. the problem is exactly wat everyone else has sed. slow-stuff is where everyone has kinda been leaning because it doesnt hafta be done on the street, its a much bigger challenge and to us its cool. but to joe schmoe it looks easy, unexciting, and "safe", hence the lack of intrest. and sum1 also made the point about us being limited to the ground. name 3 pro flatland bmx riders, now name 3 pro park or vert riders, i bet u can name 3 video games that have their names on the cover. ppl dont see the control and precise movements, they see the guy hanging off his bike 15 off a vert ramp, or the fmx guy jumping 50ft up. i hope this sport takes off...if i could do this for a living that would be awesome, but im certainly not counting on it. my
Old 08-16-2004, 08:39 AM

david skelton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dudes Iam from Australia and we have just seen what its all about ,i rode with your guys in the Moto Freestyle and it has all died in the *** since the US guys went home..Everyone talks about making it a sport and ive looked into it seriously..I have got places to practise over here and alot of guys are keen to learn the stuff you guys have been doing for ages,and alot of riders have stopped doing high speed wheelies down the freeway cause they reckon the slow stuff is the go!! even heard riders say lets stop riding the roads so we can promote the sport..I reckon if we keep scaring motorist's flyen past at 200k + wheelies someome might step up to the plate and give us a place to ride..just like the drags were invented to keep the roads safe etc etc.The problem is i got alot of sponsors involved for MF show dont want to help out for another one, when i have approached them they say no!!! its to dangerous and to many what if 's... they will only come in again if its made safer,just dont understand that one! I take my hat off to all you guys over there what you do on bikes amazes us aussie's to no end, its all new to us and there would be nothen better to see it become a sport over here,but like someone said people dont have an attention span,they want to see bikes fly through the air ,spectators dont understand the skill needed to do your stuff on road bikes.And one thing for sure i dont think there is one person in AUS that could do a circle wheelie, so what hope have we got of getting a half decent show goen down under..So this is what iam going to do!! i have bought a ticket to come and watch you guys ride in your shows and i cant wait to do a wheelie on the wrong side of the road.. I really hope it goes some place, because with out you guys setting a bench mark for the sport ,showing awsum bike control we would still be doing las vegas extreme stunts we have only just started ,thats how far we are behind..and even if i could do half there **** i would be a legend over here ha ha ....thanks for reading hope i made sense ...see some of you soon!!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:54 AM

Kathryn is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't get it why would not want to see this grow? If you didn't want more, why would you get out bed everyday? I hate people that settle and have no ambitions. Yeah, not everyone can be a pro and not everyone will be a great stunter, but why not try and why not give it all you got? Stunting is not just about getting it into the x games, or even just hanging out and riding. Its a lifestyle, its something we do because we love it. Because we wake up everyday trying to think of a new stunt and watching the clock at work so we can get home and ride. I hope this thing goes somewhere. With this many passionate people this thing has to go somewhere.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:53 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point

i want the sport to go somewhere but to be perfectly honest i dont see it gettin as big as everyone is hopin beceause with all the MX bars, gears and handbrakes, makes this **** alot easier and alot less dangerous so alot more people will be gettin involved and be pro material overnight( not literally)..i dunno thats just how i feel....dont get me wrong I want this **** to be as big as possible and i will never stop ridin but i mean if almost anyone with a small test of nuts can set up a bike and do what we do it takes away a major awe factor for the spectators...i dunno anyone else feel me on this?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Merk
i want the sport to go somewhere but to be perfectly honest i dont see it gettin as big as everyone is hopin beceause with all the MX bars, gears and handbrakes, makes this **** alot easier and alot less dangerous so alot more people will be gettin involved and be pro material overnight( not literally)..i dunno thats just how i feel....dont get me wrong I want this **** to be as big as possible and i will never stop ridin but i mean if almost anyone with a small test of nuts can set up a bike and do what we do it takes away a major awe factor for the spectators...i dunno anyone else feel me on this?
i feel ya on that **** merkles, thats why i just ride for fun ,maybe a comp here or there. but i just like ta see little kids on the school bus with thier face smashed up against the window pointing thinking about i wanna do that someday dude.
holla at ya lunchbox
mike

Quick Reply: Do you really care where this sport goes?