Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Do you really care where this sport goes?
Yes, this is important shit
52.34%
No, I just stunt because its fun
47.66%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Do you really care where this sport goes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 07:56 PM

seeman44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Do you really care where this sport goes?

I care where this sport goes **** I dont know where I would be if it wasnt around.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Kawkidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do you really care where this sport goes?

:YEAH :YEAH AMEN BRO
Originally Posted by bill parr
there are alot of people that still do street stunting that also do things to try and give the public a better opinion on our sport, how bout this, we street stunt all the time, but set up an 8 hour cop free practice road b4 the stuntlife comp every year. all legal and signed off by the city commissioner and the police cheif. we have 2 parkinglots we can stunt in but only on sundays when the buisness is closed. we have no choice, stunt on the street or only practice one day a week. what would you do? its all about building a name for yourself in your hometown so you can EVENTUALLY take it off the street. but it doesnt happen overnight. we have been at it for 2 years as a group and people around here are just now starting to accept us despite a toy drive and ather charity stuff we have done to bring it to there attention that we are not all thugs or at least that most of us have grown up and dont hustle and do illegal **** anymore people some people still see us as slime and no matter how mainstream this sport goes alot of people will never accept it. thats just life. you will always have people stunting on the streets, its not going to change peoples point of veiw either way. some will accept it, some wont. that is just the way it will always be. that is how rap and rock music are that is the way stunting will be. (its pretty long winded so its worth more than 2 cents..lol)
Old 03-09-2004, 10:18 PM

GrCh35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, this is important ****.

That's what I voted for and not that it's important. But I do love watch stunters do what they do on the meanest means of transportation known to man. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:57 PM

wopo is an unknown quantity at this point

I do because I want 2 see this on TV like X games. I will never be good
enough to compete but i still love to watch.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:55 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont give a **** attitude

Never got anyone anywhere ........

Fuc that I wanna see this **** on the X games

This has come to far to throw in the towl so all U people that don't give a fuc try not to screw it up for the rest of us who want it

Givens
Old 03-11-2004, 04:18 PM

i95leuser is a decent person

Originally Posted by UFDKris
I dont give a **** attitude

Never got anyone anywhere ........

Fuc that I wanna see this **** on the X games

This has come to far to throw in the towl so all U people that don't give a fuc try not to screw it up for the rest of us who want it

Givens

WOAH!! My last name is GIVANS too man....pretty cool
Old 03-11-2004, 11:40 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Nuthin wrong with chasing a dream...But my advice to most of you is to make sure you have a plan B..Seems to me alot of younger guys up and coming..
Well for a big percentage of you..there will be no $$ at the end of the rainbow. Make sure you have a trade to fall back on to help keep you afloat.
This may all seem alot less important when you are 40.

I truly admire some of you for chasing your dreams at it appears guys like Tony D, Gorka, Woods etc have sacrificed alot and it appears they still are not making a comfortable living and they are among the best in the game. Personally I would like to hear more about all of the sacrifices you big dogs have made. I think it would serve as a reality check to all these new dogs who think the sport is about to blow up figuring they'll be cashing in soon.

I would luv to have more time to stunt, but bills are always there and family takes up a huge amount of time. I just know that with each passing year it seems I ask myself more and more " How selfish can I be ? ".

Things change guys, make sure you have a plan B to help you thru..

Cheers
SK
Old 03-18-2004, 11:18 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SmurfKilla
Nuthin wrong with chasing a dream...But my advice to most of you is to make sure you have a plan B..Seems to me alot of younger guys up and coming..
Well for a big percentage of you..there will be no $$ at the end of the rainbow. Make sure you have a trade to fall back on to help keep you afloat.
This may all seem alot less important when you are 40.

II would luv to have more time to stunt, but bills are always there and family takes up a huge amount of time. I just know that with each passing year it seems I ask myself more and more " How selfish can I be ? ".

Things change guys, make sure you have a plan B to help you thru..

Cheers
SK

SMART WORDS as much as they hurt. All i wan't to do is stunt and i can't even affored it. its cost's me alot over the past few years and now i find myself unemployed broke living at home going crazy.

All i have is the dream that one day stunt'n will support me in the mainstrem
our outlaw like a mother F@%KEr I Hope its in a ligit place were we get the respect we should all ready have.

NEED B-MORE STUNTER's
Old 03-19-2004, 01:14 AM

J.P. is an unknown quantity at this point

I have thought about this many times and the answer is always we will see. I mean come on what is so exciting about nascar. A bunch of cars making two left turns for two hours straight . Do people really enjoy watching so many cars go by at one time or are they wating for a crash. Honestly what is cool about watching two cars trying to make it to the finish line in a 1/4 mile? Stunting is way more exciting to watch than many other sports that get coverage. It has the same thrills as these two sports but they show how much skill a individual rider has. Have you seen those stunters on jet-skis, Now those guys can rip and they get no coverage. These guys are like watching FMX and stunting together at the same time but on water. I hope this sport gets at least as big as nascar or drag racing. Like I said before we will see.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:49 AM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by J.P.
I have thought about this many times and the answer is always we will see. I mean come on what is so exciting about nascar. A bunch of cars making two left turns for two hours straight . Do people really enjoy watching so many cars go by at one time or are they wating for a crash. Honestly what is cool about watching two cars trying to make it to the finish line in a 1/4 mile? Stunting is way more exciting to watch than many other sports that get coverage. It has the same thrills as these two sports but they show how much skill a individual rider has. Have you seen those stunters on jet-skis, Now those guys can rip and they get no coverage. These guys are like watching FMX and stunting together at the same time but on water. I hope this sport gets at least as big as nascar or drag racing. Like I said before we will see.
You're right about Nascar..or should I say left ?? lol
But heres my opinion, those events have huge marketing campaigns behind them...Go way back in time and the thrill of danger is there at all times..
Sure its a bunch of lefts..but they are fast lefts....and some of the crashes are spectacular !! Now I am not a Nascar fan at all..but I can see why its popular...It hits home for many of the car enthusiast who want to see mega horsepower cars try and rip up the track..
I still think that the Stunt world needs to find the right way to market this stuff and I am not so sure that the slow stunts is what is gonna do it..
I feel that we are at a disadvantage b/c it appears that unlike FMX whose best stunts are the most spectacular ones in the crowds opinion...our best stunts are the slow stuff which unfortunately to Joe Blow doesnt appear to be all that interesting...Although us riders know differently..
Its a sad thing to say but if you take away the "perceived" element of danger the general public has a hard time getting interested in it..
I personally have had more reaction turning a 180 endo than some of the slow stuff I have been practicing..Even though the slow stuff is taking me 3 times as long to learn...
Not sure if it will ever change and for me personally it doesnt really matter as it is a hobby at best for me. But for the guys who have dedicated their lives to making this succeed I sure hope that it does blow up..as they will be the ones who deserve the rewards....
Cheers
SK
Old 04-01-2004, 08:06 PM

codebluezx9r is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you can all have the streets,maybe when you have a good friend die right in front of you because he wanted to do a damn wheelie to impress somebody and a car pulls out infront of him , maybe you will change your tune. I know its fun showing off and freekin people out in their cars hell i went to jail for it,but i find it more satifiying to show off infront of a crowd of people and making a little cheese at the same time and not have to look over your shoulder for cops all the time.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:17 PM

theotherone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZANNMANN
your not alone bro, i mean i have plenty of friends who all love this sh.it and im not nocking anybody who has high hopes for riding freestyle. but **** when im at home chillin .all my REAL friends that i grew up with since i was like 4 dont even stunt, and could care less about going to watch a stunt show or who has a new video. i just love to do tricks on my bike ,with or without people watching or with or without me getting paid. it just doesnt matter to me. i dont need sponsors i make my own money and i dont need parts i steal those. but i will say this. i respect everyone who is pushing riding to become a real sport one day because when it comes down to it, alot of the good riders that are trying i am friends with . so it would be cool to see them go somewhere so i can cheer them on. but other than that i just dont give a **** mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn.and when its all said and done with,if this **** does become a sport youll still be able to come to my town and still find me rocking that **** out on the streets.
who knows maybe tommorow i will get struck by lightning and it will all matter.
thank you for your time and have a nice day.
mike
you guys are PHKED...how can you stunt & not care where it goes..the only thing I HATE is guys who do it for $$$ that makes me SICK...I guess if you do it because you like it ...thats O.K..BUT you should care where the sport goes...thats my opinion ...theotherone
Old 04-01-2004, 08:25 PM

F4_Jake is an unknown quantity at this point

I stunt because there is no feeling like it in the world. It's a passion. I am glad to see that it is "going somewere" , however that doesn't really concern me too much. I don't care if everyone in the world stops stunting and everyone thinks stunting is the gayest **** ever because I would still get the same feeling from it and wouldn't stop.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:37 PM

mia wallace is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope it blows up in a good way, and respect to those pushing it. i don't know how anyone on this board can say they don't care, especially considering the awesome community that's developed out of this sport. i'm glad to know there's sport bike riders who don't just chill at coffee shops
Old 04-04-2004, 12:24 PM

PROJECT P is an unknown quantity at this point

i ride for the old people and for the kids...and for the dick sucks..and free ****...and for the little people...and for fun...
Old 04-16-2004, 12:51 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

Squirrel_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got tired of the same stuff needed to go out a shut some mouths!!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:48 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

roadrash929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
With all these threads and people talking about "where this sport is going" it got me thinking. Do you really care where this sport goes? I dont care at all. I'm just here to do wheelies and talk ****. I'm just curious if Im the only one who feels that way.
I think more people do it just for fun.. there are *ALOT* of guys out there that do it for no more then fun that are better then alot of the junk videos and promos of these "so-called" pros (or so they claim). If you think about there is not much but maybe a dozen or so tricks ya ca do.. not much of an entertainment factor unless youre actually doing it.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:13 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
I guess what got me started into stunting is the gay *** ****ing local **** who do power wheelies and talk big and front trying to get *****.......Im a realist I had to split their wigs, been stunting since...No time for fake ones.
This is the same reason I started. tired of people talking **** and not being able to back it up. Don't say **** if U cant do it cause I'll back up what I say
Old 05-01-2004, 10:47 AM

chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok i'm going to let it rip.First off I am not a stunter.Second I'm a huge NASCAR fan.#rd love nhra,ihra,imports mucle cars,street bike dirt bikes,x-games and pizza.You get the point.I really love to watch you jack @sses,tear it up.I dont really like that you do it in the streets though,BUT i do understand that you have no where to do it.I'm 41 years young,reason i dont stunt,thogh i've lifted the front end on my 1982xj-1100 shaft drive a few times um hum.I would like to see you'lls sport grow huge.But i've noticed the don't give a sh-t attitude will kill your sport.Just look at women riders,they've been back door for a long time.**** i cant go riding nowadays without seeing lots of women riders,I guess what i'm trying to say is YOU BETTER give a rats butt about your sport if you the person doing it doesn't care WHY SHOULD I.Back to bad attitude thing.And i do pay 20 to go see you'll do ya thing And a lot of you are right about people (non rideers and the like) not careing they dont and SOME never will,But if you can convert the some of that eqwaysion haven't you made it a better sport?Sorry for the rant i'll go back in my hole now nascar happy hour is on espn.Keep it up on two(or one if you prefer)
Old 05-01-2004, 10:48 AM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wheeliesteve
i've been ridin' for 13 years and 10 years ago i wanted to roadrace. i passed it up because of a woman. i won't give up something i love again. i love to ride and if i can entertain while i'm doing it and make money that would be nice.
I admire you for saying what you did Steve. I road raced in 2000 and 2001 and it was the best, most exciting time of my life, if I could afford to race bikes every weekend for the rest of my life I would do it simply for the fun of it. Hell, look at the Isle of Man, what is the average age of those racers....45???

My first love is racing, my second love is stunting. What better to perform in front of racers like our team is doing today!!

http://www.cra-mn.org or http://www.unsaneryderz.com

And as for you Gorka, you are like a prophet and a philosopher of stunting and I look up to you with admiration. "You either gotta be the first or the best" And if you're the best, when will you fall.

G-to-tha-OOSE!!!!

:YEAH

Quick Reply: Do you really care where this sport goes?