Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Do you really care where this sport goes?
Yes, this is important shit
52.34%
No, I just stunt because its fun
47.66%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Do you really care where this sport goes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 03:37 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do you really care where this sport goes?

Originally Posted by ZANNMANN
just like ta see little kids on the school bus with thier face smashed up against the window pointing thinking about i wanna do that someday dude.
hell yea homie....thats what im talkin about...reguardless if we ever get paid for this...i will still wheelie for the kids because that is by far the illest feelin in the world BAR NONE
Old 08-17-2004, 02:44 AM

Big Brother is a decent person

I really don't care where this stuntn' thing goes. I just love to TRY TO DO A FRACTION of the **** ya'll do, but most of all I like to watch it...wheather it be in person or on video. Now, I will say, I'll give you guys all the support I can. I try to attend as many comps as I can and I don't mind paying the $20 for the support of the sport. But, I wouldn't lose any sleep if this went no where!

I JUST LOVE TO RIDE!!! :YEAH
Old 09-23-2004, 06:51 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

It will be interesting to see where it goes. I'd like to see it go somewhere, but I think it will still take a few more years. By that time most of the big name riders that have been stunting since it started to explode back in 00 - 01 will have stopped riding for whatever reason, and the new riders starting now will benefit from the hard work of the people that paved the way. I've got into stunting for personal satisfaction, and will continue to do so until it's not fun anymore or I grow out of it. I've had the time of my life in the last few years, made a lot of real good friends and accomplished a lot. I'm a far better rider than when I started, and that sets me apart from 99% of the population that rides motorcycles. I like being able to do things that only few riders can do. Granite there are a lot more stunters than there were 4 years ago, and new faces pop up every day.....but think about how many people ride bikes across the country! What we do sets us apart from most other riders, and it seems there's more recognition too....even if it's on a local level. I have friends that race and they can't get three people to go to the track to watch them ride. When my team puts on a show there's always a huge turnout! Just remember why you started, and try to keep having fun along the way.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:07 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merk
hell yea homie....thats what im talkin about...reguardless if we ever get paid for this...i will still wheelie for the kids because that is by far the illest feelin in the world BAR NONE
Word! Goose luv the kids......................wheelies galore for any kid in a car/bus/bike!!!!!!!

Goose
Old 10-19-2004, 06:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

adamf4i is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it would be cool to get it somewhere big
Old 09-16-2005, 06:55 PM

richierokit is an unknown quantity at this point

The chances of my kids(I dont have any yet, I'm working on it) seein me on ESPN2 are slim to none. Being realistic, I don't know if I even have the capacity to get that good( I'm working on that too). But I think it would be ******* to see something I love so much be socialy accepted, and even blow up! Look at FMX ten years ago those guys were just a bunch of hoodlems trying to find spots to ride that they wouldn't get arrested. Now Red Bull pays guys 50 to 100 thousand dollars to ride around the country in a 150 thousand dolar RV and perform shows! I think it would be awesome for that kind of corporate support to find it's way over to our world! Call me Crazy
Old 09-17-2005, 01:21 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by richierokit
The chances of my kids(I dont have any yet, I'm working on it) seein me on ESPN2 are slim to none. Being realistic, I don't know if I even have the capacity to get that good( I'm working on that too). But I think it would be ******* to see something I love so much be socialy accepted, and even blow up! Look at FMX ten years ago those guys were just a bunch of hoodlems trying to find spots to ride that they wouldn't get arrested. Now Red Bull pays guys 50 to 100 thousand dollars to ride around the country in a 150 thousand dolar RV and perform shows! I think it would be awesome for that kind of corporate support to find it's way over to our world! Call me Crazy
Are you stalking me? You dug up 2 threads I started a long long time ago.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:58 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i would love to see it go somewhere cuz it's the greatest thing on earth.
its the next best thing since i cant believe its not butter...~spray version~
its all i care about.
being famous and being a pro would be the **** and it would also be a job that i look forward to everyday.
but if the sport doesnt grow i wont shed any tears either cuz i'll always ride no matter what. and to put gas in the sonbich i'll just flip burgers, cuz ridins what its all about.
being happy, getting out of the military and moving back to the sunshine state is what life is all about. washington and all of its cold, rain, wind, and snow can eat my *****.

oh and Mr. Gorka.....ya wheelies is gahhbage, ya wheelies is gahhbage.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:30 PM

Hazen is a decent person

Originally Posted by ZANNMANN
i dont need sponsors i make my own money and i dont need parts i steal those.
hahahahahahahahahaha
Old 01-18-2007, 04:43 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly guys i agree with alot of people on here supporting both ends, but you have to admit that while yeah ur just in it to ride ur bike have fun and see what you yourself can accomplish, who wouldnt like to get paid to do what they like to do.. even if you got a good job already. im just saying if your a stunter, you do it because no matter what you love the sport and the adrenaline and in some cases the showing off... now i think a lot of people would agree with me here that they would love to get paid to do what they truely love to do.... Id kill to see this be a mainstream sport where its one of the top xgames events and stuff like that but at the same time you always have to remember where you started.. lots, streets, scrounging for money to pick up parts for ur beat a$$ bike.. And see me im no where near anything like some of the big dogs or meteocre for that matter, like said by someone else on here, but everyone started somewhere and thats what u got to remember... all i do is practice and try to stay out of trouble with the 5-0's.. thats the main reason for me thinkin-trying to seek it at a more professional level..
Old 01-18-2007, 05:42 PM

theteacher929 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just have fun... i know that is pointless to say, really I'm just trying to get my post count up.

you know... street cred.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:23 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Bikes are my life if i'm not stuntin i'm racin and if i'm asleep i'm dreaming about riding!! I spend why 2 much time in this game with hopes of it going some place!! and if it never does... I can say I did my small bit to try and help!!!

hell I'm having a tile guy, do a tile job for me, and of me doing a sperder in my shower at my house!! I'll post up pic's when it's done it's gona be sic!!:YEAH
Old 01-18-2007, 06:49 PM

Clint Ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Kathryn and I didn't even read what she said!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:51 PM

Clint Ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Kathryn and I didn't even read what she said!

"Because we wake up everyday trying to think of a new stunt and watching the clock at work so we can get home and ride."

Dunlop
Scorpion Helmets
Jardine
Galfer
Old 01-18-2007, 08:09 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Yes I do care.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

no ... not really. not that im gonna go out of my way to make it look bad. theres stuff i wont do just to keep the progress of the people who do care. its respectful i guess. but as for me... i jsut wanna have fun...
Old 01-18-2007, 10:00 PM

zoomsplat is an unknown quantity at this point

ride for the feeling, for the enjoyment, not for the paycheck.... i ride cause i like it, my wheelies are equivilent to a drunk 3rd grader on a unicycle, and anything else i try is weak like pancakes with no syrup. but im having fun, thats all that i care about..... and if you dont like it. tough.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:38 AM

HARK is an unknown quantity at this point

The only reason i wish it would get a little more press is so we can see how other people are doin some ****. Just to see a different style once and again. you know there is always someone comin wit some new **** it would be cool to be able to see the new hotness when it comes out....like a coast to coast televised Stunt Idol or some ****
Old 01-19-2007, 10:40 AM

HARK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merk
then again this is a good point as well
Old 01-19-2007, 12:07 PM

JvGSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is what it is…… people don’t understand how hard it is to do what we do . The general public just think look at that idiot, they think everyone who has a motorcycle could do these tricks the way we do if they wanted to, but most people are just more responsible then us and chose not to. that’s because they don’t ride a motorcycle . that’s why even harley dudes have to show respect even though they don’t face to face but in side they are thinking holy S#$@ because they some idea what it takes.. that’s why we all have to show are best S#$@ when passing a harley. HAHAHAHA

that’s why nascar is more popular because everyone drives a car…… now when average joe goes over 70 in there own car they think they are hardcore and they think about those guys going 190 and they think holy S@#% those guys are crazy because they can relate to the speed . I also think nascar is lame…. ask a nascar driver to do what we do and see what he has to say, you’ll get a big hell no………………. but I would be willing to bet anyone of us would be will to drive the hell out of that car. Now days you can drive the thing straight into a wall and not get hurt with all the safety features those car have .

Doing what we do is a 100 times more dangerous but your average person cant understand that because they cant relate to it they have nothing to compare it to, so it’s just easier for them to say look at that idiot.
For those people that want the sport to move ahead things have to change. If we want the general public to be interested it has to appear more dangers…… every one is always saying you have to make the tricks look easy that’s part of the problem people don’t like easy. We should practice at making it look hard. Sorry to say but if people thought you were going to crash they would be more interested . People love to see you get hurt. that’s why people get board of watching slow tricks because there doesn’t appear to be any danger involved .
Next time before you do a show advertise you are going to scrape at a 100 MPH and the probability of you crashing is very high you will fill the stands with just that trick.

Last edited by JvGSXR750; 01-19-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Do you really care where this sport goes?