Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Do you really care where this sport goes?
Yes, this is important shit
52.34%
No, I just stunt because its fun
47.66%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Do you really care where this sport goes?

Old 02-23-2004, 10:10 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Do you really care where this sport goes?

With all these threads and people talking about "where this sport is going" it got me thinking. Do you really care where this sport goes? I dont care at all. I'm just here to do wheelies and talk ****. I'm just curious if Im the only one who feels that way.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:16 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
Re: Do you really care where this sport goes?

your not alone bro, i mean i have plenty of friends who all love this sh.it and im not nocking anybody who has high hopes for riding freestyle. but **** when im at home chillin .all my REAL friends that i grew up with since i was like 4 dont even stunt, and could care less about going to watch a stunt show or who has a new video. i just love to do tricks on my bike ,with or without people watching or with or without me getting paid. it just doesnt matter to me. i dont need sponsors i make my own money and i dont need parts i steal those. but i will say this. i respect everyone who is pushing riding to become a real sport one day because when it comes down to it, alot of the good riders that are trying i am friends with . so it would be cool to see them go somewhere so i can cheer them on. but other than that i just dont give a **** mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn.and when its all said and done with,if this **** does become a sport youll still be able to come to my town and still find me rocking that **** out on the streets.
who knows maybe tommorow i will get struck by lightning and it will all matter.
thank you for your time and have a nice day.
mike

Last edited by ZANNMANN; 02-23-2004 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ZANNMANN
your not alone bro, i mean i have plenty of friends who all love this sh.it and im not nocking anybody who has high hopes for riding freestyle. but **** when im at home chillin .all my REAL friends that i grew up with since i was like 4 dont even stunt, and could care less about going to watch a stunt show or who has a new video. i just love to do tricks on my bike ,with or without people watching or with or without me getting paid. it just doesnt matter to me. i dont need sponsors i make my own money and i dont need parts i steal those. but i will say this. i respect everyone who is pushing riding to become a real sport one day because when it comes down to it, alot of the good riders that are trying i am friends with . so it would be cool to see them go somewhere so i can cheer them on. but other than that i just dont give a **** mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn.and when its all said and done with,if this **** does become a sport youll still be able to come to my town and still find me rocking that **** out on the streets.
who knows maybe tommorow i will get struck by lightning and it will all matter.
thank you for your time and have a nice day.
mike

well said as usual zanny....thanks for all your "zanimatiions"!!

i'm trying to make this sport mainstream and x games and all that crap, but i havent forgotten where i started and more importantly, WHY i started. i still hang and ride with many people who ride because they love it, or stunt because they love it...and as mike said, almost all of my friends dont even ride bikes...hell, they aren't even impressed with anything but wrecks!!

keep on riding, no matter why you ride, or what you ride!

Teach
Old 02-23-2004, 12:40 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Just something to think about: If someone didn't want more from the sport, we wouldn't be here on this website. How many video's have you seen? How many do you own? Same argument again. Ever attend a comp, or a show? None of this would exist if everyone had that mentality. Now, how can you tell me you wouldn't like to flip ESPN2 on and get the latest FOR FREE?
Shuggs, delete these accounts and block viewing for people like this that don't want more than pulling wheelies on the highway, anything other than that is wanting more from the sport.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point

i said no......only reason im sayin that though is because everyone that seems to want to make this a sport is tellin me......that all we have to do to succeed at doin that is change everything we are and become something were not....as far as that goes *** that im not down with that and im not changing **** for anyone...........if we can get over that hurdle than hell yeah im all for the sport

edit......this should get intresting

Last edited by D-UNIT dem xpt; 02-23-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:22 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

i hope it goes somewhere.
i think it will one day
Old 02-23-2004, 01:29 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

I love riding and wouldnt give it up for anything, I know Im no where close to being the best or mediocre for that matter and would love to see the top riders making money and surviving on this sport alone (not just scraping the bottom of the barrel either). The more I see people suceed in this sport the more drive it gives me to try harder and work harder at it.... well even just watchin people like teach, gorka, woods, joe brown, etc gives me that much more drive, so yeah y shouldnt they get paid for their hard work. People will still ride streets and almost everyone has done it. I not longer hit the streets cause it has become more costly now that the cops know exactly who we are where we live etc. us not riding on the streets has def given us a better name then who we were back in the day.... and i like that, it seems to be working for us.

just my .02
Old 02-23-2004, 02:43 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Just something to think about: If someone didn't want more from the sport, we wouldn't be here on this website.
There are plenty of other websites where I can talk about stunting and look at pics. This happens to be the best one. (my opinion)
How many video's have you seen? How many do you own? Same argument again.
Not many. Only the ones my friends have given me. Im not too big into videos. I'd rather go out to the spot for some live riding.
Ever attend a comp, or a show? None of this would exist if everyone had that mentality. Now, how can you tell me you wouldn't like to flip ESPN2 on and get the latest FOR FREE?
I do go to local comps, but to tell you the truth, I'd much rather hang out on a dead end or an industrial park and ride there. Its the same people riding, the same tricks, even the same people spectating, just no guy collecting $20 to get in.
I dont watch the X games or ESPN so I cant debate on that one.
Shuggs, delete these accounts and block viewing for people like this that don't want more than pulling wheelies on the highway, anything other than that is wanting more from the sport.
I'd bet money that one day way back when, you were just like us. You just wanted to do tricks on your bike, and it used to be alot more fun.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:51 PM

Save your money! I'll admit, I had 10 times more fun riding the streets back in the day...That's the reason I just spent 10 grand on a new bike, to get back on the street. There is nothing like highway wheelies or stoppies up to the intersection. Can't argue with you there. It's just a goal that some of us have, to make it something legit and profitable. I'll always have a streetbike, it's just that the streets get me in too much trouble. I sometimes can't find the shutoff switch for wheelies. Have fun, rock out with your C0@k OUT! Just be safe and throw a little support for us dumbasses who think this might go somewhere someday. If not support, at least have pity
Old 02-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Goin' H.A.M!

allmoney1996 is a decent person

If not support, at least have pity
Sheesh, I'll do both!! Cuz your asses have to be hurtin after some of them crashes!! I think the fact of the matter is everyone who is "totally involved" in something they love wants to see it go somewhere... how else did anything evolve? Baseball, football, whatever...it all had to start somewhere and it all turned into something huge...or else they'd all still be using those lop-sided 2 pieced gloves to catch a ball with and stuff...Thing that most people don't realize, is that just because the "world" doesn't catch onto something and make it big, doesn't mean it isn't big to the person doing it...some people just wanna stunt on the street...So do it, stunt away...but there are others who are making this a life activity, trying to make a living off of it...More power to you as well!! If I knew how to do all that stuff and could take some time off from my "normal person" job to explore everything stuntin is about, hell, I'd be all over it!! I know I'm a chick and all, and don't really know how to ride yet...but I have a ton of respect for the people who are trying to take y'alls sport to the top...it only takes one person to start a trend or to take something higher...Once it gets there, people are all over it...it takes time of course, but I think it'd be great to be able to flip on the TV and see something other than BMX and motocross...Just my , I don't have a clue what I'm talkin about most of the time anyways...I just know I'll support the people around me that are involved with it!!
Old 02-23-2004, 06:36 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

I sometimes can't find the shutoff switch for wheelies.
Bravo! exactly. riding down the road, you can't not have the urge to yank a wheel for everyone tellin' you to put it up. I know I do.

i still love riding industrial parks, parking lots & the occastional highway or back road. BUT, in the same aspect i have a blast traveling & riding shows. Damn double edge'd sword! bah. i make no sense.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:17 PM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL here we go!!

i ride for me and only me!!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:46 PM

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

its alll good
Old 02-24-2004, 02:13 AM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point

I KNOW Im Hangin in the game ---cant speak for anyone else ---aint my problem nomore
Old 02-24-2004, 11:04 AM

OneWheelUpR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that this sport deserves the break that is been dying to have. Its time for this sport to move on to bigger and better things. I love to ride the highway wheelies but for the guys like gorka, and kyle they deserve the big break that they have along waited for. I seen them do so many shows and they can just say f-ck it and don't drive the hundreds even thousands of miles to the show and waste there money for a hotel food and gas, but they don't, they go out there to risk everything to make just a few bucks and give us upcoming stunters something to be proud of. I also do freestyle motocross and it was the same subject with Pastrana, Degeen, Metz, and many others. They wanted to take what they started and take it to the next level no look where it has gone. Traveling all around the world infront of thousands and thousands of people.

Gorka and Kyle I give you guys all my respect and a big Thank you for working so damn hard to make this sport bigger and better.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:09 PM

Wild_Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm ready to hop back on my bike!! damn thing is all dusty.lol
Old 02-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Group Moderator

KING JEREMY is an unknown quantity at this point

HOLY SH@t!!!!! GORKA? I THOUGHT YOU SOLD YOUR SH@T AND YOU ARE DOING REALESTATE OR SOME SH@T LIKE THAT.. I WAS JUST IN LAUDERDALE IN JAN. AND I WAS ASKING ABOUT WHERE YA WAS. GLAD TO HERE YOU GOT A " STREETBIKE" NOT THAT STREETFIGTER.... TRICKS LOOK 10 TIMES BETTER ON A STREETBIKE ANYWAY. IT THINK ALOT OF GUYS ARE GOING BACK TO THE STREET BIKE WITH STOCK BARS.. AND AS FOR YOU MIKE M SHUT THE F@CK UP P@SSY. ILL KILL YOU THIS WEEKEND!!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:12 PM

Awwwwwwww! Jeremy. WTF? I can't believe you were down here and didn't call me.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:13 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

Personally I ride and stunt because I love to, but I would like to see this sport get HUGE!, I want to be able to turn my tv on every week at the same time in the same channel to watch a whole hour of my favorite sport, just like basketball, baseball, the x games etc etc, I support whoever is trying to make this happen, I buy videos, I attend shows and if it's worth anything I also give my opinion, hopefully one day this will happen till then let's be more contructive and less destructive when it comes to supporting the ones that are trying.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:26 PM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

i would love this to be nationally accepted as a top sport one day, but not if the price is the **** ive seen lately, constantly bickering, and having to show that my ***** are bigger than yours like i have seen in the past months. if it stops beeing fun, its not worth it. if if we can go pro, stunt for a living ,not let our egos get the best of us and keep it real in the stunt community, then yes, lets do this ****. in short, im torn between yes and no at this point in time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you really care where this sport goes?