Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Do you really care where this sport goes?
Yes, this is important shit
52.34%
No, I just stunt because its fun
47.66%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Do you really care where this sport goes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:44 PM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do you really care where this sport goes?

I would like to see this sport go somewhere simply because there is allot of tallent out there that needs to be recognized. Everyone busts there *** and dedicates themselves to being on their game why not make money and show the public what this is all about. As for all those looking to take this thing of ours mainstream you all need to respect what people like Darius, Kane, Toni D, Ronnie Reality are doing. It starts small. Watch Lords of Dog Town and look at skateboarding now. This is no different

As for me I've been doin this for 10 years never once did I want to make a vid or do shows or comps. It's all for me pushing myself and watching other people push themselves. **** watching football on Sunday get out and ride

I'll be fifty tearing it up on a piece of my property watching little junior dip in and out of combos and listening to the World Stunt Riding X Games

I HAVE A DREAM
Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 PM

Madprofessor is a decent person

I can't stunt for crap, just got rid of my harley and got into this. But this is the way I see it-
I don't think it has alot to do with people being able to "relate" to the sport - the masses just love excitement. they go to the fair and to disneyworld to go fast and have the crap scared out of them. They go to Air Shows to see guys doing crazy **** at mach 2 cause it's awesome, not because they fly their f15's to work everyday. Do a high speed show at a dragstrip or on a closed airport runway or before an airshow on a taxiway. Hardheaded Americans are everywhere. We love competition and controversy. Figure out a way for average joe to see how people score points, and give them a reason to argue. I.E. was the guy safe at home plate or not turns into a highlight on sportcenter because people know what they're looking for and can argue about it. You want to make it mainstream? Make it fast, give easily understandible scoring criteria and controversy, make it like all the highlights you see on ESPN, Ghostride a trashed bike into a jersey barrier. Everybody wants to be a rockstar. Everybody wants to go fast. Everybody wants to get laid. Everybody will love this sport if we give them the right state of mind.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:43 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

So what your saying is, we need cheerleaders. ^

Brilliant!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:30 PM

ClintBorneo is a decent person

X games must and will and have to recognise stunt riding.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 PM

wastedrubber is a decent person

i love seein it get recognized and all, but it's a double edged sword. before bikes, my love is snowboarding. it used to be great, go out to a local mountain hittin big *** jumps and havin a good time. then the x-games and everybody else got involved and turned it into a circus. now if i go to a snowboard park i got 75 middle schoolers in the way coasting gently over jumps breakin down ramps, gettin hurt and suing the mountin causing jumps to be knocked down etc etc.
granted the entry cost for bikes is higher and the poser effect isn't as great, but i feel **** like x-games ruins the fun.
my opinion though.