Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Do you really care where this sport goes?
Yes, this is important shit
52.34%
No, I just stunt because its fun
47.66%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Do you really care where this sport goes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:19 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person
Re: Do you really care where this sport goes?

Originally Posted by bill parr
i would love this to be nationally accepted as a top sport one day, but not if the price is the **** ive seen lately, constantly bickering, and having to show that my ***** are bigger than yours like i have seen in the past months. if it stops beeing fun, its not worth it. if if we can go pro, stunt for a living ,not let our egos get the best of us and keep it real in the stunt community, then yes, lets do this ****. in short, im torn between yes and no at this point in time.
Good points.

How's this for an ego check: I DRIVE A 95 FORD RANGER. How cool can I possibly think I am?
Old 02-25-2004, 06:34 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope it does. i went to stunt wars and thats it i want to start stunting in compitition :YEAH. Its all for fun cant get enough
Old 02-27-2004, 01:26 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

I would care if I thought I was ever going to make money doing it, which even the pro stunters will tell you isn't really likely. I have bills to pay, and not nearly enough money to buy several bikes to play with. I only have my Gixxer, and I've gotten away with stunting it with only one crash so far, damn rocks..., and I'm glad because I still have a turn signal hangin off the side (only for a few more days tho, woo-hoo) Not to mention the fact that none of my true friends ride, or give a flyin about wheelies and such. I did a HC endoe into my buds driveway once, and all he said was "Dumbass" So, yeah, I stunt because going in a straight line for 20 miles gets boring.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:00 AM
HERE COMES THE POLICE.

COOKIE MONSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

alot of people are making some nice dollars from it, and then somepeople do it cause it's a hobbie.

It would be nice to see us make it to the x-games bur it takes lots of time and effort..
Old 02-27-2004, 10:21 AM

Dr.Blocks is an unknown quantity at this point

My

Yeah, I guess it would be cool to see this sport go corporate just like the route Moto-X went. But as it blows up I don't think anybody should be pushed to the side. For instance if this makes X-Games and mainstream TV viewers want to see slow wheelies, I think we should show them that there are others in our sport that do other acts of insanity, wether it be acrobatic tricks, or highway wheelies. You gotta embrace the full surface of this sport, because it takes all those different riding styles combined to make what we got going. Long distance tricks, two and three and sometimes more-up tricks. But not only should we expose all aspects of the sport, we should invest into the sport. Only motorcyclists watch the videos we put out, and the shows that we perform. You want to see this get bigger, and begin to line some peoples pockets, quit asking your friend to bootleg that video, or let you in the show for free. Put in your two cents and support the industry you represent.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:53 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dr.Blocks
My

Yeah, I guess it would be cool to see this sport go corporate just like the route Moto-X went. But as it blows up I don't think anybody should be pushed to the side. For instance if this makes X-Games and mainstream TV viewers want to see slow wheelies, I think we should show them that there are others in our sport that do other acts of insanity, wether it be acrobatic tricks, or highway wheelies. You gotta embrace the full surface of this sport, because it takes all those different riding styles combined to make what we got going. Long distance tricks, two and three and sometimes more-up tricks. But not only should we expose all aspects of the sport, we should invest into the sport. Only motorcyclists watch the videos we put out, and the shows that we perform. You want to see this get bigger, and begin to line some peoples pockets, quit asking your friend to bootleg that video, or let you in the show for free. Put in your two cents and support the industry you represent.
EXACTLY!!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 03:22 PM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

i've been ridin' for 13 years and 10 years ago i wanted to roadrace. i passed it up because of a woman. i won't give up something i love again. i love to ride and if i can entertain while i'm doing it and make money that would be nice.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:53 AM

hot magma is a decent person

I do care but if it don't happen soon will it ever?
I always read stuff like "the x-games this and the x-games that" on stuntlife.
I know a few of the people who work the x-games on the tv side of it. They are not employees of ESPN just freelancers and production companies not on the inside. They are just brought in to produce the events for ESPN they are not in the development meetings at that network. I've brought this question up to all of them "what about streetbikes?" and they don't have a clue what the hell I'm talking about. Maybe the suits are considering it but I don't think so.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:26 PM

i95leuser is a decent person

I know for a fact this will go mainstream you guys and im sure it will within the next 2 years. Look at nascar that is the lamest **** ever but people love it. You know why? Cause its a bunch of cars driving fast. If the ESPN guys seen an actual show and how it was set up im sure they would be all for it because they think they can make money off of it and make it better. Which is fine but the sport is going some where as long as we keep buying videos and making them. Im a stunter in training really i cant do **** right now but i look at thew and gorka like stunter gods which they are to me. Especially meeting them and helping them with a video at my old job. Those days were the **** when 1096 was huge around here.

Ok let me get back on track now....

Anyways the whole X-Games thing sponsoring or adding stunting will happen eventually. If you havent noticed they have added a few motor sports to it (mx, xmx, sno-x etc) So until the suits see what potential this sport has in person it will be what it is right now. Its all about doing what you love in life and getting paid for it is even better in my eyes. But keep in mind sportbikes have a bad rep as it is just because they could go 160mph if they wanted to and some do and put others lifes at risk. Its almost as bad as street racing in some peoples eyes. But think about it once the general public sees this in person i know it will get huge and stay huge for many years. If nascar can do it anything can really (sorry that is the dumbest **** on earth to me).
Old 03-08-2004, 04:32 PM

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point

I realize reality is all in the eye of the beholder, but I think some people have confused reality with fantasy. But who am I to say where the line is to cross into fantasy?
Everybody's line is in a different place.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:25 PM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point

its just a dam rant board i wouldnt worry about anything - if things go bad for the sport its not because people are bickering or posting pics of street wheelies on a post board

whats going to do it for the sport is more ***** fukas like

1 dan jackson -
2 kyle woods
3 todd colbert
4 shugga

that do things and get things done to advance the sport

Last edited by brian127; 03-08-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:39 PM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Good points.

How's this for an ego check: I DRIVE A 95 FORD RANGER. How cool can I possibly think I am?

yeah but you got a yoshi pipe for a muffler on it. pretty pimp in my eyes
Old 03-08-2004, 07:32 PM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

there are alot of people that still do street stunting that also do things to try and give the public a better opinion on our sport, how bout this, we street stunt all the time, but set up an 8 hour cop free practice road b4 the stuntlife comp every year. all legal and signed off by the city commissioner and the police cheif. we have 2 parkinglots we can stunt in but only on sundays when the buisness is closed. we have no choice, stunt on the street or only practice one day a week. what would you do? its all about building a name for yourself in your hometown so you can EVENTUALLY take it off the street. but it doesnt happen overnight. we have been at it for 2 years as a group and people around here are just now starting to accept us despite a toy drive and ather charity stuff we have done to bring it to there attention that we are not all thugs or at least that most of us have grown up and dont hustle and do illegal **** anymore people some people still see us as slime and no matter how mainstream this sport goes alot of people will never accept it. thats just life. you will always have people stunting on the streets, its not going to change peoples point of veiw either way. some will accept it, some wont. that is just the way it will always be. that is how rap and rock music are that is the way stunting will be. (its pretty long winded so its worth more than 2 cents..lol)
Old 03-08-2004, 09:20 PM

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by i95leuser
I know for a fact this will go mainstream you guys and im sure it will within the next 2 years. Look at nascar that is the lamest **** ever but people love it. You know why? Cause its a bunch of cars driving fast.

If nascar can do it anything can really (sorry that is the dumbest **** on earth to me).

Here's the problem..... Simple minded people (most NASCAR fans) like simple minded excitement. Cars going in circles, bikes jumping (moto-x), explosions, fire, wrecks, and more importantly Ford vs Chevy RACING... The average redneck could care less if you can do a 1000 ft coaster or a 180 endo.

Ask yourself this question to see if your one of the simple minded... if you had to sit down and watch 2 hrs of racing on T.V. what would would you rather watch... The World Rally Championship (WRC) or The Winston Cup Championship???

I bet you said WRC because even though it's racing it's got alot more in common with stunting. What's it got in common with stunting you ask??? Well... You've got a lone soldier doing something very technical with a machine that takes an insane amount of training and expertise to master. He is doing something with a vehicle that it really wasn't intended to do and making it look extremely easy (controlled drifting through the forest at 100mph). Like stunting you realize it took alot of time and energy for this person to learn how to become part of the vehicle (and alot of mistakes too). You and I would rather watch somebody in control of something out of control... somebody who's mastered the impossible with a motorized vehicle and making it look easy....

The average simpled minded redneck just doesn't care about that stuff. They wanna see Bubba and the good 'ol boys side by side at 180mph turning left.... thats just the way it will always be.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:48 PM

Dr.Blocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 91vempo

The average simpled minded redneck just doesn't care about that stuff. They wanna see Bubba and the good 'ol boys side by side at 180mph turning left.... thats just the way it will always be.

I live in the south and if there's one thing I could tell you about rednecks is that they LLLOOOOOOVVVVVVEEE some wheelies, or as they call them,"wheel-stands."
Old 03-09-2004, 12:11 AM

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Good points.

Me too Gorka....mine is a Splash...looks like I'm cooler than you.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dr.Blocks
I live in the south and if there's one thing I could tell you about rednecks is that they LLLOOOOOOVVVVVVEEE some wheelies, or as they call them,"wheel-stands."
... yeah I live in Alabama and I've heard 'em called wheelstands many a time! They also call sportbikes 'cafe racers' Then they ask you "how far can ya walk it?"

We get 'm coming down to our practice spot and watching sometimes. They get excited for about 10 mins and then seem to loose interest and leave... if the **** ain't exploding or on fire they don't give a hoot
Old 03-09-2004, 11:30 AM

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 91vempo
... yeah I live in Alabama and I've heard 'em called wheelstands many a time! They also call sportbikes 'cafe racers' Then they ask you "how far can ya walk it?"

We get 'm coming down to our practice spot and watching sometimes. They get excited for about 10 mins and then seem to loose interest and leave... if the **** ain't exploding or on fire they don't give a hoot
The funniest part is that you're from there, and you're calling them "they"
Old 03-09-2004, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by od1nixer
The funniest part is that you're from there, and you're calling them "they"
I can proudly say I wasn't born here though :YEAH just stuck here at the moment
Old 03-09-2004, 06:42 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
and as mike said, almost all of my friends dont even ride bikes...hell, they aren't even impressed with anything but wrecks!!Teach
i think the audience is too thin, too small, too specialized. i agree, how many friends(that don't RIDE) have you shown a video to and they lose intrest in the first 10 min?? let along the fact that they were hardly impressed. these people aren't going to spend $20 to see a show. they don't care if it's on tv. they aren't going to buy products that we use. no sponsor interest!

nascar appeals to alot of people because it uses car names like "chevy, monte carlo" and "ford taurus" these are common cars, everyone knows someone that knows someone that owns one if not two. and people buy produces that the cars use, (ex. dunlop, fram, edlebrock), thus getting and retaining sponsors. not many people (in comparison, and most non riders won't even know what a "gixxer" is) own gixxer 1000s and double R's. no comparison between "nascar" and stunting.

i have respect for those that have will and continue to put in work to progress this sport. good luck!

Quick Reply: Do you really care where this sport goes?