Gsxr Help Page-

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:28 PM

customsound is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Gsxr Help Page------------------------

i can find the sick inovations round bar. what site should i get the bar from? i found mine on ebay but doesnt look soo supporting
Old 05-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SliverR6
Buy one of the MXD round bars. Works as a subframe support. I've hit a couple of time hard with no problems.

It works on the 03 and older but the new 04/05 subframes ****.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Get-er-done

Originally Posted by 00GSXR750
WHAT UP BRO , CAN YOU POST PICS OF THE CLUSTER MOUNTED AND THE HEADLIGHT MOUNTING, ALSO SUBFRAME REINFORCMENT ALL YOU NEED IS A SMALL STRIP OF STEEL WITH HOLES DRILLED IN THE END TO CONNECT THE PASSENGER FOOTPEG TO THE DRIVER ONE

Ive got my fairings back on right now but I will see if I can dig up pics of the headlight mounts. I will take pics of the subframe this afternoon when I get off work.

Once again, in my opinion having snapped my subframe twice you can not use the conventional re-enforcement techniques such as adding a long bar mount or running a link from the pax pegs to the rearsets.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:12 PM

o dam that sucks guess im gonna still have to renenforce it def cant wait to see pics of yours
Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Get-er-done

I really didnt want to take the subframe off just for pics but when I have it off next I will get some better shots. To re-enforce it like I did you first have to grind all the little round nubs off the inner face of the subframe so it is flat (those of you with 04/05 gsxrs will know what i am talking about). Then I took a piece of paper and traced out the outline of the subframe. This is transfered over to a piece of 6061-T6 Al (I used 0.050) and trimmed to fit. You will have to put a couple of bends in it to make it fit correctly but a rubber mallet does wonders. Then, clean off the subframe to bare metal where the welds will be and have at it. It is a bit tedious so if you dont have a nice tig rig and time dont bother unless you want to hire someone to do it. It is VERY stiff and has no flex. Those who have seen it here in MN can attest for that. I have hit it plenty hard multiple times without problems yet. Good luck- A few pics are below. It wont get paint untill winter.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0763.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	172200   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0764.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	172201   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0765.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	172202  
Old 05-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Get-er-done

Here is the only pic I could find of the Acerbis mount I made up. It is a set of 4 clamps around the forks with rubber backings that are attached to arms which go to the mount. The clamps were just bent out of 4130 with flanges to put the bolts through. Sorry about the poor quality. To mount the gauges on the tripple I cut off the stock plastic mountings on the back and zip-tied the gauges right on the tripple just behind the headlight numberplate.
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Get-er-done

I am thinking about running arms from the rearsets to the pax pegs like everone does on the older gsxrs because with the current design the load may eventually break the subframe at the lower mounting holes. I havent had problems yet so I wont bother but I will post up if they ever break.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:48 PM

wow you should change your name to the gixxer god lol thanks man for soo much help. haha got another question for ya i was riding today doin slow wheelies when i got a hole in my radiator has anyone just stop leaked that **** or will it run hotter ?
Old 06-03-2006, 02:26 PM

TMTiny is an unknown quantity at this point

actualy i can tell ya one of the ways to fix it that i know of without stopleak. <----Bad stuff. Easy way is to take a wire brush and get all the paint and **** around the leak off then take a normal propane torch and heat the slowly when it gets nice and warm NOT RED HOT!! take some soder and put it right next to the hole not on it then take the heat away when it cools the heat inside the rad. will pull the soder into the tube and seal the hole. it wont block the tube so dont worie about that just make sure you check for leaks when your done might take 2 or 3 try's but you wont have to worie about it leaking again like with stop leak

Last edited by TMTiny; 06-03-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 AM

sweet thanks man it worked
Old 06-06-2006, 06:59 PM

G!N+T0N!K is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Kerns BBO (or any one else) I (a noob) have a 05 gsxr6, do you have a hand brake setup, if so what did you use? I dont have any room on my stock clipons to add another lever with resivor. am i gonna have to get new longer clipons?

i am also looking into sprockets I would like to know, should i get a 520 or 525 kit and what type of chain different chains varying from $10 to $200
Old 06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Get-er-done

Originally Posted by G!N+T0N!K
hey Kerns BBO (or any one else) I (a noob) have a 05 gsxr6, do you have a hand brake setup, if so what did you use? I dont have any room on my stock clipons to add another lever with resivor. am i gonna have to get new longer clipons?

i am also looking into sprockets I would like to know, should i get a 520 or 525 kit and what type of chain different chains varying from $10 to $200

Once again, there are a lot of opinions on this subject and all are correct (they are opinions after all).

I have a handbreak on mine. You have to pull the left control cluster off the bar to mount it up which is typical of all bikes with stock clipons. I run a GSXR radial master, msr raptor clutch, and a full throttle rear master. I will find some pics when I get home of the handbreak setup for you but the master is mounted inboard and under the clutch with the banjo bolt and line coming up between the bar and the clutch cable just inboard of the clutch perch. This is with stock clipons.

Chains, I have never run anything but stock and -0 +11. I wouldnt go any larger than +11 if you ride the freeway on a regular basis. I stuck with 525 so I can use different chains and gears with my stock gearing and with stunt gearing. There are no problems with going to 520. If thats what you want.

Also, the search function in the forums is touchy but all of these have been covered 100 times so look back for them.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:07 PM

G!N+T0N!K is an unknown quantity at this point

cool.. i know i can get it to fit if i remove the control-cluster but I shread the city streets and as lawless as it can get i still need my controls. i bought the gptech kit with the brembo lever/reservoir. that brembo lever is HUGE im thinking id be better off with the gptech billet thumbrake lever ($171 ouch!)

im ordering a 58 tooth rear (525) sprocket and going to keep the front sprocket stock. a 120 link chain should be long enough?
Old 06-09-2006, 06:37 PM

TMTiny is an unknown quantity at this point

Good im glad i could help
Old 06-25-2006, 09:45 PM

adc1488 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey does that relocated oil pick up have any relation to the new 06's?
Old 06-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kerns BBO
I am thinking about running arms from the rearsets to the pax pegs like everone does on the older gsxrs because with the current design the load may eventually break the subframe at the lower mounting holes. I havent had problems yet so I wont bother but I will post up if they ever break.

It does wonders!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:54 AM
JB

JB is an unknown quantity at this point

k i know alot of you have prolly got or had the same prob as me wich is the frame cracking. just wanted to know if anyone has pics of how they have braced the frame. i have heard that some ppl put a plate on the inside of the frame around the crack (near the air box) after welding the crack and the plate is supposed to strength'n the frame to avoid the frame simply cracking around the welds later. mine is an 03 600. also have a crack in the steering head. any help (pics) would be great. .
Old 07-19-2006, 03:39 AM

project-c2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good thing I checked this thread before posting about the Stuntex pick up. Thanks, very informative.:YEAH
Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone know how to get longer throttle cables for DB bars? mine is too short and screws with me. I have it routed different (in between the tank and triple) but i don't like this cause it rubs the tank and is wearing on the cables.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binder929rr
anyone know how to get longer throttle cables for DB bars? mine is too short and screws with me. I have it routed different (in between the tank and triple) but i don't like this cause it rubs the tank and is wearing on the cables.
www.haibikeshop.com

Quick Reply: Gsxr Help Page-