MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:26 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

lol...
Old 07-24-2007, 11:51 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

if im not mistaken, 04 r6 passenger pegs mount up, so you could mount that to the underside of the subframe, a kid i know did that on his crf450.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:13 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I'm working on Ryan Moore(ESD Manufacturing) to make me some of his slick *** passenger pag brackets. We are corresponding and hopefully he will make mine soon!

I could prolly make just about any ones fit if I tried hard enough!! Not the look I'm going for.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to think I wanted a motard....but this looks like alotta work. I'll just ride yours! hahaha

And all this lathe talk makes my head spin!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:06 PM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I'm working on Ryan Moore(ESD Manufacturing) to make me some of his slick *** passenger pag brackets. We are corresponding and hopefully he will make mine soon!

I could prolly make just about any ones fit if I tried hard enough!! Not the look I'm going for.

great pegs ..he made me a pair also love the feel...had the subframe made to fit around the pegs lol just make sure u dont mount them to far down...the farther back the better but not too far

Name:  100_1165.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  85.0 KB
Old 07-25-2007, 07:13 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I know you EAZENUTZ, and you aren't afraid of any type of work!

The only flaw in your theory is; by riding mine(which you are right you will be doing alot I'm sure) you will actually in effect, be making yourself want one even more!! LOL

And yes my young Hawiian friend, you got the money right there!! Nice picture bro. How much did those run you again?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
hunts and stunts

My pit bike is going bye, bye. Selling it tomorrow to help with the funding for my build!:YEAH

Ordering my wheel and tire on Saturday, and my big brake kit tomorrow!!

I pretty much cook the front stock system every time I try to practice stoppies...and they are biting good and rolling OK one time and then the next try not so good with the same modulation, almost like the performance is very inconsistent(sp). This is not helping me out much, and adding a touch to my frustration. Might as well spend the money now.....I know it will at least stop all the noise that they make now, I hear them howling under the pressure every time!!

I'll post more pics whenever I get the parts mounted up... say bye, bye to the fiddy and to the lame as 67" tall front wheel!!! ...might look weird for a while with the 18" on the rear that is sort of narrow. But exhaust is next, and those trick pegs from Ryan Moore if he would ever get back to me....I'll spend my $670.00 for the 17" rear wheel, necessary hardware, and the wider tire soon enough. I got two of these 18" 140's to play with before I NEED to upgrade that area. I'll be getting stunt-specific parts before I spend that $670. guaranteed!!

Later all.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:51 AM
hunts and stunts

Damn Ryan,

You must be psychic, it is like you knew I was about to hit the submit reply key when you sent me that message...thanks!!

Pegs will be ordered sooner than I thought I guess.:YEAH
Old 07-28-2007, 04:43 PM
hunts and stunts

Headlight about caught my whole bike on fire!! Melted the big plastic connector that plugged into the back of the light!! smokey... smokey... it was cool!

Last night the brights weren't working at all and the lights have always gotten brighter everytime I rev the motor???

I re-wired it, and it works now, brights too. But the headlight still changes intensity with the motor rpms....

Not too worried as long as I don't burst into flames! I really don't need a headlight, but the bike DOES have a tag on it......
Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

try changing your brake fluid to motul and maybe the front brakes wont fade as much
Old 07-29-2007, 05:50 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by old man roger
try changing your brake fluid to motul and maybe the front brakes wont fade as much

Yea, I know. I have been meaning to do all of that. It worked a lil better when I just topped it off better, but about an hour ago I was riding a cool lot in Lawrence, KS, and I was having to smash the lever almost all the way to the grip by the end of my practice session to make stoppies.

I am so addicted that I am stoppieing after every wheelie set down now when I ride!! LOL I can get them to roll only about 4 or 5 parking space stripes so far, but I'm cool with that for starters.

I know that they aren't the highest or most awe inspiring stoppies in the land, but it is better than the fly in slow and hit the brake-quick pop it up at the stop- stoppies that I see so many dudes doing trying to learn. I am definately in the learning stages still, but I at least will try to roll em every time instead of grabbing a handful at the end and hoping for the best.

I purposefully chose a smaller lot too so that I can learn how to get it up past bp in as short of an amount of space as possible too. That is working out pretty good so far. It as helped me to find it fast, and deal with catching it with the brake and doin work.

I'm getting closer every day to the coast and drag. 12 'o clock BP is all the time now. I really think that once my bank lets me have some money and I get those pegs from MR. Moore next week....It's fixin to be on! I'm just some gearing away from circles.... maybe the fiddy actually did help some??

And I see now what he meant when he told me about the stock Honda 450R, that I would have to be sliping the clutch alot to circle with stock gearing...screw that/this.

I am in the same boat with my suzuki now too. But I really don't want to mess with the gix gears until the St. Louis streetfighterz, ride of the century is over. KTM gearing it is......my poor neglected gixxer! LOL
Old 07-29-2007, 06:13 PM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person

Originally Posted by kaiks
great pegs ..he made me a pair also love the feel...had the subframe made to fit around the pegs lol just make sure u dont mount them to far down...the farther back the better but not too far

that poor dunlop

I race a 450 SMR, its getting rebuilt right now. Alpina wheels and all. Motards can be money pits like anything else. I picked mine up pretty much brand new for $4500 it had like 10 hours on it. So before you go sinking too much into this one look around man.

Theres a CRF250R on SMJ for $3500 right now and it comes with dirt rims.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:39 PM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm... I was just on SMJ. I didn't see any recent 250r motards in the classifieds?...
Old 07-29-2007, 06:45 PM
AQPWT

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...ghlight=crf250
Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 PM
AQPWT

My little bitch! Before upgrades it will be done in october when i come home for R&R i will update the pics then.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Sick sick sick bike.

No wonder I couldn't find the 250r. It was in the wrong section. But that is a sick deal considering you get both the motard tires AND the dirts!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 PM
AQPWT

thing is a money pit man...

Im hooked on racing though, I just sunk about $8k in accessories and performance parts into it, hopfully it will still be competative next summer when I come home...
Old 07-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Damn yeah I can never get how you guys can dump SO MUCH money into these bikes...

$8000 in accessories...

I could barely scrape together $3000 for my crf250x...
Old 07-29-2007, 07:18 PM
AQPWT

ya man, Ive been there too.

I took a job over here in Iraq, and gave up everything I knew back in the states for a year and a half so I could come make some money and buy the things that I want.

At 15 I would have killed for a $3000 dirtbike!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:36 PM
hunts and stunts

So let's see, that's a total of $12,500.00 in your bike including purchase price, by my math. Now what are you talking about I need to do some shopping around for?

I am cool with this bike, what's wrong with it?

Just cause I got to buy some SM wheels and a brake kit? shoooooot I ain't scurd....

I traded my 900 for it, and I had only about $2,500, maybe 2,700. in it at the time....And that was including registration fees and oil and filters and EVERYTHING installed on my Honda that I gave $1200. for two Januarys ago. I didn't get hurt at all.

I'm not worried about it being a money pit either, show me one of my bikes that isn't! Especially when you are talking about pimpin it out. After spending my self imposed limit of $3,500. on this bike I will have a supermoto stunter that you could sell your bike and buy two of!!

Your bike is pretty pimp, but I'm not building a race bike. I'm making a lot killer. After powdercoating and new plastics this bike will look just as cool, trust me. I'm not knockin you or your ride, but I just don't know why I would for the life of me shop around??

As far as looks go, I'm only concerned with looking good in photos and video anyhow. You know the deal.

If someone wanted to trade me across for a street legal, 03 KTM motard of equal size with a nice steering stabilizer like mine, I would think about it. But for now, I'm good. Just keep my brake fluid from boiling and spend money as I earn it. No regrets here.

Quick Reply: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up