MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I'm not worried about it being a money pit either, show me one of my bikes that isn't! Especially when you are talking about pimpin it out. After spending my self imposed limit of $3,500. on this bike I will have a supermoto stunter that you could sell your bike and buy two of!!
Just two? That's nearly three!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:54 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I was including my purchase price of 3 grand since that was what I wanted for the CBR.....
Old 07-29-2007, 07:58 PM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person

yea man I hear ya, if your not racing then your right you dont need anything crazy. Most of the cash in my bike went into the brakes and engine. If your still looking for a set of SM wheels I have my stock ones (the silver non-damped ones) in the pictures I could probly sell you. Im still on the fence if I want to keep them as a set of spares for my rain tires.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:05 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aaronwilliams
yea man I hear ya, if your not racing then your right you dont need anything crazy. Most of the cash in my bike went into the brakes and engine. If your still looking for a set of SM wheels I have my stock ones (the silver non-damped ones) in the pictures I could probly sell you. Im still on the fence if I want to keep them as a set of spares for my rain tires.

Shoot me a price, and I'll let ya know if I'm interested... That would be cool. You can PM me, or hit me up @ jstuntlocke@yahoo.com or
http://www.myspace.com/jstuntlocke

Thanks,

What r u doing in the sandbox? Civilian contracting? What for?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:07 PM
AQPWT

Maintenance Foreman, in charge of keeping all the base support vehicles operational.

As far as the wheels Id have to wait untill my front alpina comes off back order next month. I got the rear in already but I dont wanna have the bike not be able to be moved.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM
hunts and stunts

What is your timeline for making a decision on them? No rush, just wondering when in August you were meaning. Did you have a price in mind yet?? What did you mean by undamped?? No cush drive?? Is that an option with the rims?

Ironic actually because I only really need a front right now since I got those two 18" metzler motard tires for $100. for the back. I was stupid and didn't realize that the front dirt rim was sooo big! (dumb ***...lol)

Theyr'e admittidly a bit narrow...140s...but better than trials tires. I was going to use them on the rear and upgrade the front asap, like Tuesday!

But if the deal is right and the timing is ok, I will wait for yours and get a wider one on the rear at the same time instead, and order more stunt specific parts now, or a new exhaust.

Thanks alot, and be careful over there!! When are you supposed to come back stateside?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:30 PM
AQPWT

Ill be back for good next summer...

id probly be looking for $850+shipping including the front rotor and tires. Rotor is the stock braking 310mm wave rotor. and yes by non-damped i meant no cush drive.

I could get them to you in early october when i come home on leave.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:44 PM
hunts and stunts

Ill be back for good next summer...

id probly be looking for $850+shipping including the front rotor and tires. Rotor is the stock braking 310mm wave rotor. and yes by non-damped i meant no cush drive.

I could get them to you in early october when i come home on leave.

Wow, that's a long time away for me!

No offense, but sort of expensive for used wheels that you raced with too. No cush drive, rotor included is good though, but I found a rotor and caliper support for $100. so that is not really that big of deal.

I have the new wheels priced at $769.00 for both shipped, and those tires looked alittle used in the pictures you posted to be worth the rest of the $850. you are asking. Take off the tires, brake rotor and caliper support and what do you want for them?

What year bike are they off of again. I need the bigger front axle, my forks are an upgrade.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:53 PM
AQPWT

bike is a 2005, the bike has 5 rides on it, if you look at the center of the tire you can see the mold line still in it, the rotor is also about $200 new. Im not dying to sell them right now like I said. If things change and your still looking in oct ill let you know.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:59 PM
hunts and stunts

bike is a 2005, the bike has 5 rides on it, if you look at the center of the tire you can see the mold line still in it, the rotor is also about $200 new. Im not dying to sell them right now like I said. If things change and your still looking in oct ill let you know.
DAAAAAAMN!! 5 rides on your race bike that you spent 12 grand on??? I'm confused?
See, even you say theyr'e so old there is a line of mold growing on them..... just playin'

Thanks though, if you take all that stuff off that I don't need and come down on the price, I'll let YOU know.....
Old 07-29-2007, 09:04 PM

5 Rides??? Goddamnit...
Old 07-29-2007, 09:06 PM
AQPWT

I bought the bike off a guy who had ridden it twice at OVRP, then he broke his leg on it and the bike sat for a year. I found it on SMJ practically brand new for $5000. I talked to the guy on the phone and told him I was over here and he dropped the price $500 for me since hes a fire fighter and had a friend working over here for the same comapny I work for. When I came home for 2 weeks in may I drove to NYC and picked the bike up, durring my 2 weeks home I made it to our local kart track 5 times on it.

When I got back to Iraq in April I ordered all the goodies for it, most of which have come in. But some are still on back order. It should be all finished before i come home in october so I can ride it. Then I plan on coming home for good next summer and racing, hence putting the money into it.

Those are the original tires lol...
Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 PM
hunts and stunts

Cool, I don't believe you. No just kidding!

When you get back and your bike is done, please post up a ton of pics in my thread of it, and a list of all the mod's that you have done to it.

I would love to see what all that money would get me! Don't forget to come back here and update us all when you are racing too!

I thought about doing a 483 kit on my bike too, since you mentioned motor work, and what I probably don't need!

I have plenty of power now, trust me. I just sometimes just want to go overboard on this thing though! And plenty is not as cool as a shitload!!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:30 PM
AQPWT

RADIATOR FINS 4 STK ORANGE $5.94
GAS CAP VENT $12.74
REAR BRAKE RESERVOIR COVER $16.14
DUAL COMPOUND GRIP SET $16.99
FRONT NUMBER PLATE BLACK $19.54
SUPERMOTO FRONT FENDER BLACK $19.54
PRO CIRCUIT MIXTURE SCREW $24.95
RADIATOR SHROUD RIGHT BLACK $25.49
RADIATOR SHROUD LEFT BLACK $25.49
4-STROKE MAGURA CLUTCH RESERVOIR COVER $29.74
ORANGE 4-STROKE OIL FILTER COVER (X1) $33.98
SXS FUEL TANK CAP BLACK $35.69
HOUR METER $39.09
REAR PART BLACK $51.84
STEALTH REAR SPROCKETS 125-525 $53.54
RENTHAL 52t BLACK REAR SPROCKET $55.95
ORANGE KTM FLEX CLUTCH LEVER $58.64
TITANIUM REAR SPROCKET BOLT KIT $59.49
DIRT TRICKS BILLET TRIPPLE CLAMP TOWER $76.00
SCARY FAST POWER NOW $99.95
FASTWAY HANDGAURDS $100.00
400-525 SX ORANGE BILLET IGNITION COVERS $127.49
CARBON FIBER 4-STROKE SKID PLATE $127.49
JE 13.5:1 HIGH PERFORMANCE PISTON $161.00
8.5L TANK BLACK $168.29
DUNLOP RACING SLICKS $250.00
MAGURA 4 PAD CALIPER $290.00
SCOTTS STEERING DAMPER $300.00
BILLET 2 PIECE CLUTCH COVER $322.99
TOKYO MODS IGNITION $325.00
RED BARRON 12-14MM OFFSET SUPERMOTO TRIPPLE CLAMPS BLACK $379.95
450 SUPERMOTO PERFORMANCE KIT $382.49
ANTI HOPPING CLUTCH SX/EXC/MXC/XC 250/400/450/525 $650.00
WHITE BROTHERS CARBON PRO 2 EXHAUST $727.95
KTM 450 SMR $4,500.00
EXCLUSIVE ORANGE RENTHAL FATBARS 608 BEND SX/EXC/MXC/XC $71.39
NUMBER PLATES $85.00
GRAPHICS $189.00
REAR BI COLORED SM WHEEL $764.99
SXS AIRBOX COVER $39.09
ORANGE RACING CHAIN 520 $67.14
KTM SUPERMOTO STEP SEAT BY SDG $129.00
FRONT BI COLORED SM WHEEL $697.84
CARBON EXHAUST GUARD $59.49
JD JET KIT $75.95
BERINGER CAST IRON 320MM ROTOR $349.00
KTM CHICKEN HAWK TIRE WARMERS $181.00
12 MM HANDBRAKE $430.09

Thats the basic list right there

and trust me there will be PLENTY of pics!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:51 PM
hunts and stunts

See, that's what I'm talking about!! Sounds like it'll be pimp as hell when it's done!!

That's what I want my modification list to look like too. Only after I learn circle combos and things don't break as often from those type of crashes....

And you wanted to sell me your old, low-budget, stock hoops!!

I can't wait to see all the pictures dude. You have peaked my interest for sure now.

Stay safe.

I'm out
Old 07-29-2007, 10:49 PM

Yeah PLEASE post up pics when you're done. Sounds like one badass bike!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:59 AM
hunts and stunts

New page, needs some pics....

Name:  tallwheelie.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  HPIM1529-1.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:  07-29-07-1.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  80.5 KB

Got the ESD pegs on the way today, Can't wait to get them installed... Thanks Ryan!!
A ton more needed and I really need to spend some money on the Suzuki and my upcoming archery season instead.... I just realized the Kansas bow opener is in like 60 days!! Almost as into trophy bowhunting as much as I am into stunting. I'm better at the hunting thing at this point too!!

Show me pics your big archery deer if any of ya'll have em.

Anyways, new pics from last weekend on the KTM, back at the nice lot trying to get used to getting behind my BP, and trying zeros with stock sprockets isn't as easy as big gears on a streetbike!! I'm going to try and get my other friend to take some stoppie shots next weekend too. My wife is not a very good photographer! Despite that, I thought that this page looked blank with no pics!!

later all.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
hunts and stunts

Looky at what I found in my mailbox last night around 10:30pm....that's what I get for not checking the mail all day!! THANKS RYAN!!!

The pegs are awesome!! I would highly recommend seeking out supermotostunts.com if you are riding a motard or a pit bike as a stunter and desire top notch, quality parts, and quick, informative service and shipping to go along with them. You just can't lose with ESD manufacturing.

Now, time to see if I can put them on the bike and ride today.....I can't wait. I'll post up pics of the install and the test ride as soon as I get my subframe off and down to the local machine shop for some welding!!

Name:  esdpegsarrive.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  169.4 KB
Old 08-03-2007, 10:20 AM

Good ****! Get those installed and let's hear how they are!
Old 08-05-2007, 03:43 PM
hunts and stunts

Bought some flat pieces of 1 1/4" x 1/4" aluminum to use for cross gussets on the subframe, looking for some treadplate for plating and couldn't find a smaller piece than a big expensive panel...I don't need all that and I want to save some money for the welder. I almost need only a 1'x1' square and that is it.

I don't know how much that the welder is going to charge me, but it is almost like I need to have the bike there because of fitting the pegs around that stupid exhaust can. I have the left side of the bike all figured out, but I would almost like to cut the canister down short..... like to one hanger and make a long piece of straight pipe from the midpipe back to give me more clearance, I would rather do it this way and take my subframe off of the bike and have it welded up that-a-way....

Any ideas where I can get some bulk exhaust pipe or something to make my own extended midpipe??

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMmmmmmmm my dog has some ripe farts!! **** smells like someone left a rotting egg in an old rubber boot out in the sun for a day! I got to step out of my office for a minute.......WOW!

Quick Reply: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up