MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

lol....
Old 08-05-2007, 06:06 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Yea, I guess it was sort of funny when I started talking about an exhaust pipe, my dog utilizes his........
Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Dropped my pile of subframe and stuff off at the welder's today...:YEAH

I can't wait until it is all finished!! Should be done tomorrow, or thursday. Nice birthday gift that I had to make and pay for I guess..LOL

I'll post up pics when I get it back...
Old 08-16-2007, 05:09 PM
hunts and stunts

Well, I didn't turn the AC on in my garage until around noon today, so it is still sort of hot in there. I had to take a break and come inside for some cool iced tea. It has been over 100 in KS for too many days in a row now, it's killin me!!

Here is what I have gotten accomplished so far. Just got it all pretty much fitted. A little bit of grinding left to do, make double sure all my plastics are adjusted to work around the plating and put it all back together. I really had to step it out to allow for the exhaust and build up the one side with some bar stock so that the pegs would be the same on each side. It sort of made a makeshift subcage out of it also.

NOt the purdiest job, but it is solid as hell. I can't wait to try out these pegs.....thanks again Ryan.

Anyone know if the KTM's will run ok with just an air filter and no airbox?? I'm going to start another thread asking that on SM junkie, or thumpertalk maybe if you guys don't know. That is my only last REAL hurdle left to figure out. I would rather just put a filter on similar to Ryan Moore's 450 and forget the stupid airbox if I could...

Name:  subframefitting.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  164.2 KB

Name:  HPIM1680.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  130.6 KB

Name:  HPIM1671.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  144.3 KB
I WILL POST MORE PICS AS SOON AS I DO THE DAMN THING!!

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 08-16-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats pretty badass haha!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:59 PM

How much is Moore charging for a set of those?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:26 PM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point

U LUCKY BASTARD! i didnt get the sliders nice job though one question....is the peg mounts welded to the diamond plate?!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:10 AM
hunts and stunts

No sir, it is welded to the 3/4 bar(and then to subframe) and then on the exhaust side it is built up with some of the bar stock and held off the subframe a bit since they are not level on both sides. It is solid as hell and has really minimum flexation. Mybe this picture will help a bit Kaiks....

Name:  subframektm.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  134.7 KB

Here go some other pictures of a bit more progress. after this it's time for beddy bye!!

Name:  datard2.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  143.0 KB

Name:  ESDpegsalmostdone.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  169.7 KB

Check out how that rear fender works around the bar in the subframe...thank god for Dremels..LOL

Name:  datard.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  142.3 KB

Name:  eshaustfix.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  141.9 KB

And you can really see in the final picture how much that the exhaust was in the way, I cut a bit too much out of the air box for the plating so that I could keep using the stock plastics/battery tray, but I will probably fix the exhaust side with either more plating, or the cut off piece and zip-ties! LOL
The only thing that is going to fix that shitty beat up woods exhaust is a shiney new Akropovic or something pimp!! Wonder when I am going to buy wheels finally? After Hand brake and sprocket for sure!!

I can get a good street tire for this 21" for $75. brand new..... I want big brakes before 17" rims too now I think!!LOL

I really wish that I could run just a straight filter with no airbox at all like Ryan's fo-fiddy!! Can I???

I'll have new riding pics after this weekend or my name isn't blind melon chillen!! later all.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:59 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

whos truck tool box did you steal...lol

it should look killer once you get all the plastics on it and i have seen alot of people running just a k-n air filter with no box but i don't know if they had to do any thing else like jetting or what not
Old 08-17-2007, 01:19 AM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by old man roger
whos truck tool box did you steal...lol

it should look killer once you get all the plastics on it and i have seen alot of people running just a k-n air filter with no box but i don't know if they had to do any thing else like jetting or what not

On a KTM 4 stroke?? No ****?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 AM
also known as OMR

well not specifically a ktm but alot of motards 450 f's and **** like that
Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 AM
hunts and stunts

Me either, that was why I was wondering. I have seen it on many other bikes and I didn't want to buy an expensive filter and then have it not work out, or my bike run like **** cuz of ditching the box.

Does anyone on here know about this ever being done with a KTM specifically?? I don't understand why it wouldn't work unless there is some sort of vacuum system somewhere right? The stock air box was never ever really air tight everywhere anyways, so even if I have to leave it as is for now, it should run OK.

I'll post up results later.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:26 PM
hunts and stunts

Name:  pegdome.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  142.4 KB

Name:  HPIM1706.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  155.8 KB

Name:  HPIM1707.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  157.8 KB

Name:  side.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  142.3 KB

There it is... finished and ready to go!! The only thing that I wouldv'e done different is brought them in a lil bit becuause they clear the outside of my canister by about 1/2" extra. And I will probably take the remaining treadplate that I have left, and cover up the old cut air box that only has partial 400 left, and cover the hole on the other side. All of that stuff will get powdercoated with the frame and swingarm eventually...

Not bad for explaining what I wanted done, and taking all the pre-cut and prepped pieces in. Thanks ESD manufacturing 4 the pegs, and Chubbys welding in Vinland, KS.

Now as soon as it cools down to a chilly 90deg. outside, it will be time to test these bad boys out!

Next project: sprocket & scrape bar... stay tuned!LOL
Old 08-17-2007, 02:31 PM
also known as OMR

i think it would bad *** with a semi flat powdercoating....
Old 08-17-2007, 02:57 PM
hunts and stunts

Weird roger, you were the 113th reply out of 1313 views, at the time that I just looked up at my deal. Creeepy! at 1:31 too...wow!

Hope you aren't superstitious(sp?)! LOL here's something for good luck ...theyr'e lucky,

That was like my 420th post that I made at 4:20 pm exactly! It wasn't on purpose either! IT's like some stoner in tallahasee probably had a hart attack at the exact same time there was a shooting star in India or something!!

Matte finish like my Aprillia would be cool...
Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 PM

well not specifically a ktm but alot of motards 450 f's and **** like that
Yeah I've seen guys like moorport and kaiks run just a filter on the carb with the airbox completely removed... Performs a TON better cause the engine can actually get the air now.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 PM

jstuntlocke... thats looking real good!

Post up some pics or a video once you're stunnin on them!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:13 PM
hunts and stunts

mmkay, here are a few shots of earlier.

This is my first time out with the pegs and I freakin love 'em!! Combos are coming to me as we speak!! LOL I was making the transitions pretty comfortably, but I need more saddle time. I seem to be holding on too tight with my left arm, but I will soon get the hang of it.

I cooked the front brakes again, as I am finding stoppies to be addictive. If you ask me, I need a handbrake soon cuz both feet in the rear pegs is where it's at man. Staggard, eh it's ok, but I am really looking forward to foot in bar stuff with some gearing to help out!

Here ya go...

Name:  firstpegstandup.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  fuckinoff.jpg
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  flabingos.jpg
Size:  97.9 KB

LATER ALL....MORE TO COME SOON....
Name:  hpim17372.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  105.9 KB
Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 PM
also known as OMR

i was post 114....
Old 08-18-2007, 06:51 PM
hunts and stunts

i was post 114....
no,no, I saw it said 113 and that is what grabbed my attention is all the 13's. I don't know though, because I have weird stuff happening on here, like I can't tell if there are any new posts unless I get out of the thread and back on....so maybe you are right?? That is still only like what, one out of five 13's?

Don't take away my 4:20 deal though, I at least want to have that!

Quick Reply: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up