MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:29 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold
Re: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

Originally Posted by old man roger
um you have a lathe in barn so you could just spin up an adapter for your master..........

just a thought.......lol

Are you kidding me? I need to have you come teach me how to use this thing!! LOL

...seriously though, A fella would need to take a weekend course just to learn all about this thing!! I have to have the sod guy show me how to use some of the settings sometimes still, I don't use it very much at all.

I would just like to be able to build with tubing...I could cut and get it ready, but the welding and fitting would have to be outsourced for now... I would have so much stuff for the bikes by now if it wasn't like that!!

And what's wrong with the way I make my handbrakes Roger?
No problems so far and I know a few people who are running them like this...I guess if the weld leaked, or like you say, it gets warped....but I don't weld it myself, so's I can blame someone else if it isn't right!
+ = Then I stay looking all smart and ****, See how that works? LOL
Old 07-19-2007, 04:22 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

nothing wrong with running a welded adapter ,i have seen alot of them done like that but i just thought that since you have a lathe making one would be a good way to get some experience on the lathe ..

if your carefull and don't get sucked in to the lathe and die then you will have hours of fun making **** ..lol
Old 07-19-2007, 12:51 PM

Goodluckmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish I had a lathe - I'd make all kinds of stuff.

Actually wish I had a milling machine too - then everything on my bike would be made from billet. :YEAH
Old 07-19-2007, 07:22 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Name:  HPIM1352.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  lathepic4rog2.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  138.8 KB

Just so you all know what we are talking about....I don't have enough experience operating this thing to be able to use it fully. I believe the chart has to do with thread types and pitch as well as knurling types for the auto feed....

I hate stopping the sod dude from his work to help me out so I don't get sucked up into it and lost forever! (Roger) LOL This thing is very very large if you are having any trouble telling perspective from the pics. It is the size of a VW. It has pontential to chew you up and spit you out also....

Tell me some cool things to try and make with it guys....I need ideas in order to get a plan formed to actually use this beast!!

What exactly would you be making out of billet? I'd love to try to make something else cool with it. The only thing that I have used it for so far is riser spacers for the MX bars on the Honda, and a large piece of brass pipe for a fork seal driving tool that needed reemed and fitted as well as cut to size.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 AM
hunts and stunts

Talked to my friend who owns www.alteredchrome.com and he is hooking me up with his fabricator that works with tubing all the time about making my subframe for this bike!:YEAH He finally came through, I'm going to talk to him about it in detail when he gets back from Biker Boyz event in Tulsa this weekend. He said he had a better hook up on powdercoating too.

Check out his latest creation...it's a ducati 748 with a big bore kit and a bunch of crazy ****..check out the swingarm and picture my KTM subframe, I think I'll be in good hands, hopefully I won't get taxed too bad on it.

Name:  briansduck.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  102.0 KB
Old 07-20-2007, 08:27 AM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

Uhh... holy ****?
Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 PM
hunts and stunts

There has been talk of even doing this or something similar to my Aprilia, and having my friend then take it to several shows as the first one of it's kind to promote his customs end....for him.

And, for me, to see how close to $30,000. I can get at auction out of it after a couple of show titles are taken.....

MY friend took like 3rd place in SSB Magazines Beauty and the Beast competition with his DEATH DEALER gixxer....

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 07-20-2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: bump brian's ssb mag placing
Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 PM

He going to the Sturgis show? My buddy and his custom are going to that.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:54 PM
hunts and stunts

Not sure about alteredchrome customs at the sturgis show that you are talking about...sorry. check out his web-site if you want to see what it is that he does.

Here are some pics from earlier toight taken in front of my farm...just playin around...

Name:  100_0725.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  100_08122.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  180.1 KB

Name:  100_0715.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  100_07182.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  71.2 KB

All photos courtesy of my 9 year old daughter, Kayla!!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:00 AM

L.T.W is an unknown quantity at this point

that back brake mount is perfect to just bolt another brake right on. or at lest it looked that easy in the pic with your helmet. and hit up rayn with www.50 stunt.com he rocks a honda 450.makes tons of parts you can weld to pieces of 3/4 or 7/8 codl rolled steel to meet like a v off the sub frame on both side for peg mount.just weld some pegs on if you can get a decent mount . you should run a piece of pipe, bent in the middle quite a bit to miss the back wheel from left to right to tie the whole thing together. just have to make sure the back tire dosent rub when you slam it from an endo. done a ton of street bikes, and powersworkx actully sells a set up for big bikes, but you could at least see what i mean or i can post some pics.if you cant weld it and since its steel it should maybe run you 100 bucks all welded to the frame if not half of that just ddepends on the welder. the 12 bar is good for scrapin but wait till yuo put pegs on there ryan kills cicles you can see his vids on www.fiddylife.com under vid pics rayn moore his on here to some where. hope that helps if you were in florda, id hook the whole bike up 12 bar h/b and sub frame, and i make a killer slider cage for the dirt bikes. once again it kind of ties thing together to make stronger for a stunt bike. its sick pics on a fddy but the 450 i did i got no pics
Old 07-23-2007, 12:08 AM

well **** if i had kept going and looked at page 3 befor typing. oh well i see the pics awsome bro
Old 07-23-2007, 12:11 AM

looks like a blast
Old 07-23-2007, 02:55 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yes the chart is for threading and the lever changes the speed of the feed in relation to the chuck so you can get the amount of threads per inch that you want and you can mil on a lathe with a milling attachment it is basicly a 90 degree thable with a 4 way cross vise so you can put a milling bit in the chuck and then move the material to be milled with the feed and the cross vise ....

with a lathe that big you could make some pretty big parts ,before i converted my drill press into a manual mill i made a milling attachment by welding two peices of half inch plate together at a 90 degree angle and then i bolted a cross vise to it that i bought at harbor freight for about 50 bucks
Old 07-23-2007, 07:45 AM
hunts and stunts

Your'e the **** Rog! My head hurts though....LOL I'll have to re-read this later after work when I am more awake!! Thanks guys.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 AM

diff post more pics bro sweetttt
Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah more pics. Always good to see.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 AM
also known as OMR

there is some amazing info here for a lathe owner who doesn't have any experience it will be a great read if you really want to use your lathe....

and if you are interested in thermodynamics it has a section for that too..lol

it is a navy site if i remember correctly and some of the terms are for sailors but you can learn alot on this site

http://www.tpub.com/engine2/en2-140.htm
Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
hunts and stunts

Damn Roger. That's a pretty informative link there mister.

I actually understand a little bit more about the thing now. I am going to finish reading more into that later tonight. Makes me want to go get some chunks of billet and make a milling table attachment out of plate like you say.

Now I got some ideas! Thanks!

Well, got kicked off a lot last night after only about an hour of practice

It was a new spot, and my first time to ride it. I had a friend on my fiddy playing around and spotting me. So we didn't have alot of people or bikes to draw that much attention. But one of the office people ran out and said "leave". So we did.

NO biggie, but I was really pushing the BP on the KTM and slowing down quite nicely. Dissappointed my session was cut short. Stoppies are getting fun!

Getting some parts ordered this weekend like front rim and tire as well as sprocket support, 320mm rotor, and a supermoto front fender. This is going to run me like $564.00. I'm selling my fiddy for like $650. so it doesn't possibly hold me back from riding the big bikes, because I am good on it now and learning on them.... and so I can have more money for stunt-specific parts sooner!:YEAH

More pics soon!!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:50 PM
also known as OMR

cool

that site has so much **** on it if you search around it has a little of every thing
Old 07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
hunts and stunts

Wow, I lost an hour or so, and fell asleep in my office chair! Cool site, but reading made me go to la la land!!

Now my neck is all F'd up! LOL Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks Raaaaaaaaaawger!

Quick Reply: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up