clutch?
89.47%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Power Wheelies just as good as Clutch Ups

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:15 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Power Wheelies just as good as Clutch Ups

one of the guys i live with has 5x,xxx miles on his f4i on a stock clutch.

my 600rr that i never wheelied got a clutch basket problem at like 17k.

my 636 has like 10k miles, bout half from the squid i got it from, and all mine wheelie miles on the stocker as well.

do some people just not know how to use a clutch?
Old 10-04-2008, 06:33 PM

gixxerkohl is a decent person

20,000 miles and counting on my 05 gsxr 750..same clutch
Old 10-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Stuntride Subscriber

Witt is a decent person

Did killswitch ever post that video clip he said he was gonna do???
Old 10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

rev rev release!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
and that video is how old?
yea dude...REAL OLD DUDE! HAHAHAHA
Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 AM

COOLRIDER is an unknown quantity at this point

I Like To Clutch Mine.. Aint Nothing Like Fingering It Before You Thrust It Hee Hee
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Stuntride Subscriber

Witt is a decent person

Originally Posted by COOLRIDER
I Like To Clutch Mine.. Aint Nothing Like Fingering It Before You Thrust It Hee Hee

I don't get it...
Old 10-06-2008, 01:20 PM

motosikel is a decent person

I can do power wheelies but not long before it hits rev limiter... seems like clutchin is better. Gotta learn.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:55 PM

bigdaddyr1 is a decent person

I have a 2003 R1 and i learned by power but a engineer i know explained the diff and the way he explained is that if your going 40mph and power it by the time you hit balance you would be around 60 mph but if y0ou clutch from 40 you would be around 45mph so i am now trying to learn the clutch method and having a really hard time with the bike being jerky coming up due to a front sproket change of 3 down ( i know bad choice on my part and some bad advice) which i believe if i change and go down 1 up 2 would eliminate some of the jerky throttle i am recieving when clutching any suggestions also any sugg on gearing would be greatly appreciated and anyone in new hamp that has a 03 r1 with stock wheels and covers and tree fork mine are all crhome and i would like to get all black peices

Last edited by bigdaddyr1; 10-06-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:04 PM

COOLRIDER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigdaddyr1
I have a 2003 R1 and i learned by power but a engineer i know explained the diff and the way he explained is that if your going 40mph and power it by the time you hit balance you would be around 60 mph but if y0ou clutch from 40 you would be around 45mph so i am now trying to learn the clutch method and having a really hard time with the bike being jerky coming up due to a front sproket change of 3 down ( i know bad choice on my part and some bad advice) which i believe if i change and go down 1 up 2 would eliminate some of the jerky throttle i am recieving when clutching any suggestions also any sugg on gearing would be greatly appreciated and anyone in new hamp that has a 03 r1 with stock wheels and covers and tree fork mine are all crhome and i would like to get all black peices
IVE GOT AN 03' R1 AS WELL.. I WOULD RATHER CLUTCH IT THAN POWER, I HAVE MORE CONTROL OVER IT
Old 10-06-2008, 07:02 PM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

power wheelies are for two things......comming back into the sweat spot if needed when the front falls outa a circle...and #2 for people who wanna wheelie but are afraid of the sudden fealing of the bikes front end comming up so instead the use the power to lob the front end up and chase the balance point..which is ok when your on the freeway and you got miles to slow it back down , you need to learn to clutch it up straight into the balance point that way you dont gain any speed . at first ti might feel sketchy but once you get it youll be able to bring it up the exact same way/speed/ almost everytime...well thats my
Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 PM

I am having more of a problem now with using the rear brake when i come up my legs swing out wide causing my foot to go to the right of the rear brake any tips on that and when i do hover the brake i can not even get it up because i am hitting the brake as it is coming up
Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

learn the rear brake...it's your parachute when **** hits the fan but more so ya can't get the slow stuff unless you got it down...mine is really touchy....takes time but just keep trying.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 PM

Red face Re: Power Wheelies just as good as Clutch Ups

Originally Posted by poni
learn the rear brake...it's your parachute when **** hits the fan but more so ya can't get the slow stuff unless you got it down...mine is really touchy....takes time but just keep trying.

thanks man i am got really good friends that keep encouraging me to get it down
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

i have a different theory on that one....i love my hand brake.....i could never slow wheelie when i didnt have it...then i got slow **** and circles down with the hand brake and it was pretty easy to switch it over to a foot brake after.. i just think hand brakes are a gift from the stunt gods.....everyone learns diff tho
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ikAd29sGI
Bag on me all ya'll want no big thats how you learn. I am on the R1 give me some tips, as for the kid on the 600 f3i,need tips for him to cause he wants to learn bad (so do i). Watch and give tips please, I am runnin all pow but want to learn the clutch. By the way dvd on comp. broke so they are cut rate recorded off my tv

Last edited by bigdaddyr1; 10-07-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ikAd29sGI
Bag on me all ya'll want no big thats how you learn i am on the R1 give me some tips for the kid on the 600 f3i to cause he wants to learn bad which so do i just watch and give tips please i am runnin all pow but want to learn the clutch by the way dvd on comp broke so they are cut rate recorded off my tv
1st, learn to use some sort of punctuation so your posts arent so ****** hard to read.
2nd. u need to do staggered wheelies and learn brake control. you would be much better suited to learn that on a smaller dirtbike like a ttr125 or a cr5100/150. get one of those dirtbikes and spend a few months learning clutch and brake. youre not ready for big bikes stunting yet
and i know you wont listen to me on that so at minimun please dont follow each other doing power wheelies like that, youre gonna run into the back of each other one of these times. learn some good parking lot etiquite.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
1st, learn to use some sort of punctuation so your posts arent so ****** hard to read.
2nd. u need to do staggered wheelies and learn brake control. you would be much better suited to learn that on a smaller dirtbike like a ttr125 or a cr5100/150. get one of those dirtbikes and spend a few months learning clutch and brake. youre not ready for big bikes stunting yet
and i know you wont listen to me on that so at minimun please dont follow each other doing power wheelies like that, youre gonna run into the back of each other one of these times. learn some good parking lot etiquite.
Yeah the kid on the cbr is not allowed to ride for a while for getting to close but money is an issue for me i have to use what i got and i got a r1 so a dirt bike is outta the question me and a friend are going in together on a cheap stunt bike like a grand bike he found wrecked so thats were i am at right now
Old 10-07-2008, 10:41 PM

**D** is a decent person

Yeah the kid on the cbr is not allowed to ride for a while for getting to close but money is an issue for me i have to use what i got and i got a r1 so a dirt bike is outta the question me and a friend are going in together on a cheap stunt bike like a grand bike he found wrecked so thats were i am at right now
If you HAVE to use the big bike, way I learned brake is... Go slow (20max), staggard stance, cover brake, pull clutch, rev lightely, dump...

As you do this, dont rev ridiculous high, just a little.. Each time get a little higher until you get it up.. Keep throttle steady at first and use brake to come down.. Some guys told me that and I picked it up quick.. But use some common sense as you do this, Iits not gonna come the first day your out.. It'll take awhile.. Jus get on here and read up my friend......
Old 10-08-2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by **D**
If you HAVE to use the big bike, way I learned brake is... Go slow (20max), staggard stance, cover brake, pull clutch, rev lightely, dump...

As you do this, dont rev ridiculous high, just a little.. Each time get a little higher until you get it up.. Keep throttle steady at first and use brake to come down.. Some guys told me that and I picked it up quick.. But use some common sense as you do this, Iits not gonna come the first day your out.. It'll take awhile.. Jus get on here and read up my friend......

thanks man i appreciate it that is kinda how i started powering and i have that close to down but i wanna do it right so i appreciate the help

Quick Reply: Power Wheelies just as good as Clutch Ups