couple of r6 problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:32 PM

gixxerkid91 is an unknown quantity at this point
couple of r6 problems

i'm having a problem with my 2003 r6. everytime i try to downshift my shift lever gets stuck on the kickstand and won't let me shift down it doesn't appear to be bent. i messed with the shift linkage but i couldn't get it high enough to quit hitting the kickstand. also my highbeam decides to work when it wants to work whether i have the switch turned on or not it'll randomly come on or turn off. any ideas on how to fix these problems would be great.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:15 AM
crunchy buckets!! oh ****

whitehendrix is a decent person
Re: couple of r6 problems

now, this is just me being lazy, but presonally i'd go into the OBD and cycle the headlight from there to see if it cooperates.. as far as the linkage hanging.. could be something simple or a sign of something ominous.

unhook the arm from the splined shaft coming out of the case and move the linkage.. if it moves freely, the hangup is in the internal *****.. if it does the same **** without being hooked to the trans, the hangup is on the linkage or pedal.

triple-check the obvious tho..

as well, not sure what exact parameter is the headlight.. somewhere in the mid 40's or lower 50's i think.. wish i could say for sure.. lost that paperwork a while back

been a bit since i'e worked on an 03.. the newer ones have more parameters cuz they have more ****.. the numbers (somewhat) have changed thru the generations.

if you have a manual it should point out the parameters and test sequences there.
if not.. you can either try to find a link to a pdf manual or have a stealership run you off a copy of the parameter pages out of their book.

if they're not ********* abot it.

edit.. yous in luck. www.carlsalter.com has a manual for the 03R6 if you need it.

i'd DL it and tell ya what to do, but this computer is a silly **** and it'll die if i try to do that.. this ******* thing is coal-powered and part abacus.. i cannot multitask with this shitbox.

Last edited by whitehendrix; 03-10-2009 at 03:21 AM.