F4i fork oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i fork oil

if you cant find it don't fret you know how much you put in so it should be realy close so if its way way under with the spring out we will check it with the spring in and iwich ever is closer will be the right way
Old 04-13-2007, 03:11 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

ah, I found it..... I'll print it for you I guess Roger
Old 04-13-2007, 03:16 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well if you can read it and see if it says to measure with the spring in or not then you don't realy need to
Old 04-13-2007, 03:17 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Old 04-13-2007, 03:22 AM
also known as OMR

yea see there is no ******* bolt holding in the spring i knew that didn't sound right and if this is in order then it is measured with out the spring because on the very next page it tells you to put the spring back in after measuring..........................

wich is exactly what we [you and i ] said the other night at comercial
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 AM

lol, as long as you understand whats up. Lets do this
Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 AM
also known as OMR

ive been telling you for a month how to do this exactly like it says but so many ******* people who don't know what the **** they are talking about keep saying **** so i was thinking maybe f4i's were some ******* strange set up or some thing...........

im old i know things...lol i just have to remember i am always right always hahahaha
Old 04-13-2007, 03:35 AM
also known as OMR

so when you changed the fluid you just unscrewed the top and dumped the old out and poured in the new ?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
ive been telling you for a month how to do this exactly like it says but so many ******* people who don't know what the **** they are talking about keep saying **** so i was thinking maybe f4i's were some ******* strange set up or some thing...........

im old i know things...lol i just have to remember i am always right always hahahaha

At your age its a miracle you can remember anything let alone the fact that you're always right
Old 04-13-2007, 03:41 AM

so when you changed the fluid you just unscrewed the top and dumped the old out and poured in the new ?

ten four.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:51 AM
also known as OMR

did you slide the cap up and down while you were dumpig out the old ?

and remembering im always right should be easy there is no other option but to listen to myself because we know i don't listen to any one else ...lol
Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 AM

did you slide the cap up and down while you were dumpig out the old ?

and remembering im always right should be easy there is no other option but to listen to myself because we know i don't listen to any one else ...lol

I didnt slide ****.. I unbolted the cap.. a long thing came out with it.. I flipped it upside down and dumped all the **** out... Poured 15oz back in.. put it back together
Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 AM
also known as OMR

wel if you didn't pump the damper then yea you might have a little to much in there......
Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 AM

I'm sure I do. thats the problem!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:26 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

the damper assembly bolts to the bottom of the fork leg (THE GREEN ALUMINUM THING) through the very bottom where the axel goes.

I'm gonna go back to my manual and see if I have that page, is that out of a clymer or a honda manuel? (the pages posted on here)

now I am confused myself, we always put the whole assembly in as a unit with the spring still attached, then poured the oil in there with a ratio cup and the oil spec that the retards at the dealer gave us.

you cant measure the oil by pouring the old oil out, that will be an incorrect measurement, the damper traps a bit of oil and then all the oil that is still coating the parts.... that could add up to about an ounce...
Old 04-13-2007, 01:53 PM
also known as OMR

yea thats why i told him to measure down from the top because unless the fork is completely apart and cleaned you can never get all the old oil out
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 PM

So me and Roger just finished working on my front end. He was right this whole time. Had to do the measurements with the springs OUT. And no, they weren't bolted down or anything.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
also known as OMR

**** what ya heard ***** do what the old man says....lol

see i told you i just forgot that im always right .......lol
Old 04-17-2007, 01:38 AM

Gilad is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gilad
I think you need to measured it without the spring.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:28 PM

Cbr 600f4i owne is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gilad
This is from the F4i service manual,
Like they said , its 4.6 inches from the top.

if you want I can give you the full service manual for this bike.

Could I get the full service manual for that bike. I own one as well.