F4i fork oil

Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
F4i fork oil

took my forks apart to powdercoat them, how much oil goes in each fork? the last time I rebuilt a set I thought the guy from the dealer told me 600cc's but now they are telling me 4.6 inches of oil. when you call a dealer and ask for a spec they have a way of throwing a number at you just to get off the phone.... co*k suckers! i'm not quite sure how i'm supposed to measure that, theres a hole in the bottom of the forks when they are taken apart.........
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Gilad is a decent person
Re: F4i fork oil

Originally Posted by YSRRider
took my forks apart to powdercoat them, how much oil goes in each fork? the last time I rebuilt a set I thought the guy from the dealer told me 600cc's but now they are telling me 4.6 inches of oil. when you call a dealer and ask for a spec they have a way of throwing a number at you just to get off the phone.... co*k suckers! i'm not quite sure how i'm supposed to measure that, theres a hole in the bottom of the forks when they are taken apart.........
This is from the F4i service manual,
Like they said , its 4.6 inches from the top.

if you want I can give you the full service manual for this bike.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I just found and downloaded the manuel, but thank you. screw all that measuring crap, i'm gonna put in 15.5 ounces and call it a day!

I see what they want you to do, with everything assembled minus that top cap/valve installed, measure the level. I'll see if I can get an accurate measurement. if they are saying 15.6oz, im sure that is probably almost dead on.

I assume they tell you to measure it from the top of the tube because the level will be different depending on if you are assembling dry parts or if you are just taking it apart to replace seals... most people dont do a thorough job of getting all the oil out of the valve assembly.

but whateva, I have the info, I think I can manage!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:46 AM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person

i have to do my forks tomorrow, can you post the link that you found?
thanks.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:36 AM

http://www.stephygee.com/

click skip intro, then on the bottom click the link for 600F4i.

i found another link on cbrforum.com, but i think they are both the same. be sure to burn to a disc for future referance or to help another brother out in time of need!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 AM

Gilad is a decent person

do you know where I can get manual for the R6 ?
for models 2004-2007
Old 04-11-2007, 12:58 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

repairmanualclub.com
Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person

thanks man.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

So you measure it with the springs in?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:43 PM

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 04-11-2007, 04:47 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Wow.. in that other fork thread everyone told me to do it with them out
Old 04-11-2007, 04:57 PM

well in the picture previously posted, you can clearly see that the spring/damper assembly is in the tube. if you fill it up 4.6 inches from the top, then put the spring/damper in, the oil will over flow.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:51 PM

So all I do is take the fork cap off... Leave EVERYTHING else in the fork with the front end on the ground so it compressess.. then measure from the top to the oil?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Gilad is a decent person

I think you need to measured it without the spring.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 PM

Gilad is a decent person

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
repairmanualclub.com
Thank you for the link :YEAH

Last edited by Gilad; 04-11-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 PM

OMG!!!! what happens when you fill a glass with water, and then add ice? the f'ing glass overflows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone here take any science class? its quite simple!

ok, so you're gonna tell me that if you leave 4.5 inches of empty space in the tube and then install the spring/damper that its NOT going to add anymore volume and make the oil overflow? you crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for the kicker............. the spring assembly bolts to the bottom of the fork leg with an allen bolt and a copper washer, pour some oil in there with out all that in there, it will all **** out on your shoes. good luck!
Old 04-13-2007, 03:04 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ive changed the fluid on a few kawis and an *** load of dirt bikes and i have never seen a fork that had the spring bolted to the bootom of the fork tube ??????

i will admit i have not done an f4i but i cant believe they would bolt the spring to the bottom of the fork

nags down load the whole how to on fork rebuild and refill it must specify spring in or out i wouldn't trust the picture
Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 AM

I've got the whole manual online but never saw that page before....

What page did you get that from Gilad?
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think you measure it with the spring out and the damper rod in thats what i think the picture shows

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F4i fork oil