best ways to silent exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:18 AM

J_Rod is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: best ways to silent exhaust

I have a stock pipe cut down on mine but i have a brand new stock pipe to play around with! What should i do to make it quiet and keep back pressure?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

all pipes get louder over time. That little motor is not designed to have added back pressure. You will have all kinds of injection problems couse the exhaust temp will go sky high. Like omr said just cut the mid and use stock pipe. The F4i pipe has a dual champer design on the 01 versions they are the quietest that I have ever heard.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 AM

07Rsixxer is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee

my friend TurboGlenn up in omaha made me some custom aluminum sliders, they are dope
Going to have him make sliders for any of my cages hear on out.. Since he has a metal lathe
hey Towlieee, you should hook me up with that guys e-mail or something, i need some sliders made and omaha is only 40 mins from me!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
all pipes get louder over time. That little motor is not designed to have added back pressure. You will have all kinds of injection problems couse the exhaust temp will go sky high. Like omr said just cut the mid and use stock pipe. The F4i pipe has a dual champer design on the 01 versions they are the quietest that I have ever heard.

Well see

an aftermarket pipe with restrictions in it, will flow like a stock pipe, dee dee dee!

Aftermarket pipes are just open, straight through, pretty much like running open header.. You kill low end torque but gain top end power

restricting them a little, will quiet em down some, and gain some of that LOW LOW torque back

Another thing that sucks about stock pipes, I'd have to go REAL short on my stock pipe, cause I scrape past 12, and im going to be cutting my bar down soon so I'm scraping subframe

Originally Posted by 07Rsixxer
hey Towlieee, you should hook me up with that guys e-mail or something, i need some sliders made and omaha is only 40 mins from me!

I'll give him a shout in the next day or 2, and see if its cool with him to give you his #
I don't think he really ever checks his email much

Last edited by Towlieee; 11-04-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:58 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

I run a stock can and its cut down. I think I removed about 6 inches out of the center. I was careful to cut it right in front of the 2 circular baffles that are in there, you can see them when you look in the end. stock is the only way to be quiet, I tried some things with my yosh and it was still insanely loud. even if your stock pipe is kinda loud after you cut it, its a different pitch of sound and doesnt seem to echo when you are in between buildings.
I'm sure they very from make/model though. also.... cut it on a band saw so you have a straight cut to weld to, I've seen people hack saw or saw-zall them and they look like trash.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

this is the best way :
http://img217.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_251lo.jpg

Last edited by Juca; 11-04-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: fatal mistake in image uploading...
Old 11-04-2008, 02:57 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
I like the sound too,the look doesnt bother me too much,but damn a stock f4i pipe weighs like 30lbs
I have one sitting here, but never put it on for that reason
Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by roadsurfr7
I run a stock can and its cut down. I think I removed about 6 inches out of the center. I was careful to cut it right in front of the 2 circular baffles that are in there, you can see them when you look in the end. stock is the only way to be quiet, I tried some things with my yosh and it was still insanely loud. even if your stock pipe is kinda loud after you cut it, its a different pitch of sound and doesnt seem to echo when you are in between buildings.
I'm sure they very from make/model though. also.... cut it on a band saw so you have a straight cut to weld to, I've seen people hack saw or saw-zall them and they look like trash.
you left me rep, calling me a bitch. and why the **** is that??
Old 11-04-2008, 03:18 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

my bad, I hit you back with a good word!

p.s.

your avatar is ******* with my brain! LOL
Old 11-04-2008, 04:08 PM

07Rsixxer is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I'll give him a shout in the next day or 2, and see if its cool with him to give you his #
I don't think he really ever checks his email much
ok cool
Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

i had a full length yosh pipe on my f4i stock headers and just put a r6 shorty pipe on and my .02 cents is it pulls harder and if your drowning the brake and let off it pulls hard instead of being slugish like with the yosh just my experience but i dont have a prob with spots and being to loud...
Old 11-04-2008, 08:48 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

I was talking about adding to the stock pipe.