F4i crashed and now it ticks

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 01:23 AM

ZaneZatton is a decent person
F4i crashed and now it ticks

Okay guys so i am new to this site and hope i am posting in the right area. Anyway i bought a very clean stock (except exhaust) 01 f4i with a little over 30k miles. Bike ran great i changed the oil shortly after buying and had no problems. Then i wreked it lol. Long story short i hit a curb head on doing 65+. Totally my fault and i know im lucky to alive/walking etc. Any way aside from cosmetic damage and a few other misc thing bike is still in good shape. However now there is a pretty significant tick in the top end on what sounds like the right (if your sitting on the bike) side. Motor has no damage (from what i can see) cases barely scratched no cracks etc. Bike still sounds good with exception to the tick. Upon starting bike sounds good but idle dies down extremely low after running for a few seconds. Also prior to the accident i noticed that the exhaust would spit out a slight amout of liquid (which i assume to be gas) until warmed up, the amount of liquid has seemed to have increased since the accident. Not sure if the two problems are related just trying to give all the details. Im just trying to get any ideas as to what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks in advance,
Zane
Old 11-09-2014, 02:05 AM

ZaneZatton is a decent person
Re: F4i crashed and now it ticks

Someone please help!
Old 08-08-2018, 06:21 PM

KyleCBRstunts is a decent person
Re: F4i crashed and now it ticks

if your lucky it might be like the cam chain tensioner or the cam chain, anything else that bikes fucked, better do as many wheelies as u can before it blows