-----F4i THREAD-----

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:11 AM

Padros is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: -----F4i THREAD-----

Alright time to bring this thread back from the dead. I got my f4i now only a few days ago and am getting ready to set it up. Got to get a rego first cos here they check the bike before reg so if you roll up with a 12 bar, cage etc they wont pass it. I wanna gear it out so bad!! Anyway I've had a small play with it stock and love the ****.
Now that I've had a chance to ride it I dont think I'll change the forks. I was still able to roll decent length stoppies and they felt fine. I will get a damper though cos they do feel a little on the twitchy side.
The only thing I didn't like was how quick the front dives cos it's soft so I think I'll just put the thickest for oil I can find and maybe overfill it a little to give those things as much dampening as possible to slow them ***** down. If anyone has any ideas or has stiffened their f4i stock front end, let me know.

Lastly I wanted to ask peeps who have dampers on their F4i's, do you know if I buy one to fit the f4i and then change front ends down the road to a 929 or 954, will the damper still fit up? I'd guess yes cos the tank mount wont change and the distance from the mount to the headstem wont change neither. Either that or I'll go a Scotts which should be fine as it mounts the headstem nut.

Thanks!!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:23 AM

Nick Storm is a decent person

no idea how long you think a "decent" length stoppie is but there's a couple of guys on here IPM'd who could go up to the 4/500 feet mark.... pretty good in my book. (oh on standard settings) ... I can get them up to 95 feet.

I was thinking that it good to have them sink quickly so that the back end lifts up quick, but then probably best to slow the rebound down (adjust the screw at the bottom of the fork legs towards h)... that way they wont boing about so much. . . I think...?

but if u whack in thisck oil then it'll make it slower to compress too. is that what you want? (I'm no pro so I dunno)

I guess it's time for a tester.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:55 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

how many of you don't have an oil pickup and just overfill is this ok or do i really need a stuntx
Old 05-04-2006, 02:23 PM

Nocanstunto is an unknown quantity at this point

No pickup for me just overfil but I also don't do mile long freeway wheelies on it.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:35 PM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont have a pickup just add a little extra oil. I've been bustin out 5+ mile wheelies for awhile now still on og motor from 01. Alot of these are in first up there in the revs too, These bikes are near bulletproof
Old 05-07-2006, 12:51 PM

Nick Storm is a decent person

a buddy of mine has topped his up with oil - he's fine for long wheelies but as soon as he gets it on the bar, the oil light comes on...

I have an oil pick up and it runs all day on the bar fine :YEAH

my buddys getting one - but you only need it really for bar tricks I reckon
Old 06-19-2006, 04:33 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

ok so i got a quick question for all ya on the valve cover an the far left side that tube where should it be hooked up to? i have noting on there right now is this bad?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

my f4i is still apart why don't one of you fools come fix it....
Old 06-19-2006, 05:44 PM

and how can i tell if the radiator fan works or not i have never had it come on since i have had the bike like a week. i can't use a test light on the wores cuz they don't put out power until like 220 degrees do i just hook the fan straight up to power to find out?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:22 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

are all F4i gas tanks the same? I found an 04 f4i gas tank for cheap, but need to know if it will bolt right up to my 01 f4i.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:37 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

What are y'all doing for the rear suspension? feels kinda soft
Old 06-20-2006, 12:44 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

I stiffen every adjustment on the rear....spring preload, rebound, and compression all the way hard
Old 06-20-2006, 12:47 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
I stiffen every adjustment on the rear....spring preload, rebound, and compression all the way hard

what do you weigh?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 AM

I also strongly suggest using the Stuntex oil pickup. Me and all the guys i ride with run them, banging limiter on coasters all the time, motors are all still strong. PLUS it makes the bike run stronger and smoother on idle
Old 06-20-2006, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by nags
what do you weigh?

Last week i weighed about 182
Old 06-20-2006, 12:56 AM

I also strongly suggest using the Stuntex oil pickup. Me and all the guys i ride with run them, banging limiter on coasters all the time, motors are all still strong. PLUS it makes the bike run stronger and smoother on idle
I've got one

Although the oil light comes on the second I grab a stoppie.., I guess I should put more oil in

Last week i weighed about 182

Hmm.. I'm a bit lighter... maybe I'll try making everything just about all the way tight and one turn out or something

Yeah i still over fill for that reason. And dont do endoes on idle for the same reason

Last edited by LivingCanvas; 06-20-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by nags
Hmm.. I'm a bit lighter... maybe I'll try making everything just about all the way tight and one turn out or something

I still think you should stiffen it all the way. That shock is pretty soft, and when your slowing it down for a circle or something, the rear will kinda pogo every time you hit the brake
Old 06-20-2006, 12:59 AM

I still think you should stiffen it all the way. That shick is pretty soft, and when your slowing it down for a circle or something, the rear will kinda pogo every time you hit the brake

thats the exact problem I'm having