-----F4i THREAD-----

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 01:51 PM

da Liks is a decent person
Re: -----F4i THREAD-----

take off the cable that goes to the thermostat (left side of the rad, on the bottom) and ground it, to the frame or to the rad.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 AM

Mange is a decent person

maybe I shouldve posted this here.....
Hey..So I am setting up my 04 cbr a bit better before weather gets nice. I definitely want Dirt bike bars on it.
Recommendations would be great, especially where to buy from.
Also if there were any mods for cable length or anything.
the way it was:
Name:  DSC00156.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  103.9 KB

the way it is now

any help sooooo appreciated.
Thanx guys
Old 02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mange
maybe I shouldve posted this here.....
Hey..So I am setting up my 04 cbr a bit better before weather gets nice. I definitely want Dirt bike bars on it.
Recommendations would be great, especially where to buy from.
Also if there were any mods for cable length or anything.
the way it was:

the way it is now

get a seat saver from sick innovations and the tripple, risers and bars from hohey.

any help sooooo appreciated.
Thanx guys
Old 02-13-2009, 06:44 PM

Mange is a decent person

hmm....well I found the hohey risers and bars but not the triple...theres a 929/954 but no f4i specific triple. The HAI website says for their triple that your f4i needs a 929/954 front end?
http://www.haibikeshop.com/index.php...oducts_id=1911
sorry if this is noob ****....dont know much about this stuff...but Im gonna learn.
and thanks for the help
Old 02-13-2009, 07:35 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mange
hmm....well I found the hohey risers and bars but not the triple...theres a 929/954 but no f4i specific triple. The HAI website says for their triple that your f4i needs a 929/954 front end?
http://www.haibikeshop.com/index.php...oducts_id=1911
sorry if this is noob ****....dont know much about this stuff...but Im gonna learn.
and thanks for the help
sorry man about the tripple, iddint take a good look at the pic plus thats what i have so a solution to your problem is get the risers and bars and drill into the stock tripple but you will have to put washers on the bottom as spacers or find a tripple that will fit stock forks which maybe vortex may make'm to fit mx bars. research though before buying im only working off a half of a brain wave right now. sorry
Old 02-18-2009, 01:28 AM

Diablo23 is a decent person

check it out everyone, i put fresh pistons in my 03 f4i after rod bearings went out. replaced pistons, piston rings, pins and what not. everything went together nicely. when key is turned on the fuel pump primes real powerful, but when starter button is press only a click is heard. tried rolling down a big hill a couple times and pop-starting it in all gears and all it does is lock up the rear wheel, (almost fell once haha). how can i get my motor to kick over with fresh pistons, seems like they are tight
Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diablo23
check it out everyone, i put fresh pistons in my 03 f4i after rod bearings went out. replaced pistons, piston rings, pins and what not. everything went together nicely. when key is turned on the fuel pump primes real powerful, but when starter button is press only a click is heard. tried rolling down a big hill a couple times and pop-starting it in all gears and all it does is lock up the rear wheel, (almost fell once haha). how can i get my motor to kick over with fresh pistons, seems like they are tight
If your getting a click!! then your starter selonoid isnt working, which means somewhere in that path you have a short, grounded wire, something unplug, etcccc Read the troubleshooting part, if you already havent.
http://www.manualz.info/Manuals_pdf/...ice_manual.pdf
Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

just wondering if the f4i has timing chain tensioner issues, i started reading this thread but there is way to many pages and i cant read for ****.(grade school drop out)..lol well maybe just lazy i guess. i just got this 02 and it sounds like it has a bit of a rattle or vibration at certin rpms... if you got n e info it would be much appriciated...thanks beardo
Old 07-30-2009, 02:40 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

does any one ever hit this thread anymore??
Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beardo
no,everybody that rode an f4i sold or traded for a 636 just like you should......squid
Old 08-03-2009, 04:15 PM

Huge Matt is a decent person

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Yeah, but I heard that the rubber powerbands last longer than the elastic powerbands... I'm getting one of the new Kuryakyn bands...It's made out of woven leather tassles
I just got a brand new engine brake for my f4i off of craigslist. Where should I mount it?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

i heart F4i's
Old 08-03-2009, 05:46 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

Old 08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

just wondering if the f4i has timing chain tensioner issues, i started reading this thread but there is way to many pages and i cant read for ****.(grade school drop out)..lol well maybe just lazy i guess. i just got this 02 and it sounds like it has a bit of a rattle or vibration at certin rpms... if you got n e info it would be much appriciated...thanks beardo
n e one got an answer???
Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

n e one got an answer???
yup they are know to start rattling when cct (cam chain tensioner) starts going bad, the noise you hear is the slack in the cam chain and it can cause you problems if you put it off for to long.........you can go 2 ways either replace it with a oem cam chain tensioner or go with a aftermarket adjustable ape tensioner. i have 1 f4i with a oem replacement and 1 with the ape adjustable and i will say this the adjustable ones can be a headache and as far as performance since i replaced them...hell i have to look down to remember which bike has what

heres a link for oem tensioner:
http://www.motosport.com/street/oem....&groupId=52360

heres a link for the ape:
http://www.sudco.com/apeCamchain.html

Originally Posted by RROCCO
Old 08-04-2009, 03:52 AM

J_Rod is an unknown quantity at this point

this one time at band camp........
Old 08-04-2009, 07:50 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Huge Matt
I just got a brand new engine brake for my f4i off of craigslist. Where should I mount it?
Under your 12bar
Old 08-04-2009, 09:14 AM

Huge Matt is a decent person

Originally Posted by HighStyles
Under your 12bar

I'm just a little worried that it might burn out my powerband if I mount it in the wrong place.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
the mechanic

GixxerJamie is a decent person

muffler bearing make a rattle after a while, signs of wear for sure....

lol powerband
Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

Originally Posted by Huge Matt

I'm just a little worried that it might burn out my powerband if I mount it in the wrong place.
you dont have to worrie about it as long as your using thr RED powerbands