Undented Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 12:19 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Undented Tanks

Originally Posted by catach42
wow...your bike is fvcked
My motor is ****ed, the rest of my bike is prime
Old 02-27-2005, 06:28 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by N.Andrews
when i first started doing tank wheelies a few years ago,the tank was stock ,but after i dented it they feel more comfotrtable ,i used a hard rubber mallot ,then put jbweld over any cracks,creases,then i brang it to a linex shop and had that truck bed liner sprayed on , works fine but sometimes leaks out the top when full,had to silicone
i used jb weld first to fill in my **** ups but its a reallllly bad idea unless theres an acutal leak in the tank cuz that **** is HARD to sand out...BONDO is the best **** out there dude.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:56 PM

truekaotik is an unknown quantity at this point

my gix dented with me jumpin on it in like 5 min. .LOL glad i dont have to deal with that crap nova .will another tank fit on that P.O.S. that dents easier ? might want to check that out.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:21 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

well the only other option really is an F4 tank since F2/F3 tanks are the same and i hear they arnt so ez to dent either. And im not goin to be goin street fightered so i dont think another tank would look right
Old 02-27-2005, 07:59 PM

truekaotik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
well the only other option really is an F4 tank since F2/F3 tanks are the same and i hear they arnt so ez to dent either. And im not goin to be goin street fightered so i dont think another tank would look right
straight! do what u gotta do throw that surf tape on and be done with it .Just a reminder, u will be kickin urself in the a$$ after u ride a dented tank and get them squid rodeos lookin like pimp ones.not hatin so dont get pi$$y.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:23 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Since we're on the subject of dented tanks, mine is primered and has some rough bondo on there, what should I use to thake the primer off and what grit sand paper / technique should I use to smooth it out so theres no ridges where the bondo starts?
Old 02-27-2005, 08:35 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by FHL
Since we're on the subject of dented tanks, mine is primered and has some rough bondo on there, what should I use to thake the primer off and what grit sand paper / technique should I use to smooth it out so theres no ridges where the bondo starts?
100 grit to start with,press down hard and go back and forth towards the ridges,the 100 should get the primer off and you'll know when you hit bondo cuz it'll start to get real dusty,when the paper stops working as good try flicking it a few times to get the dust off and it'll work a little while longer.