Undented Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 01:24 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve
Re: Undented Tanks

trust me man..when you land a few highchairs squirlly on that huge hump of a tank you'll wish it was dented....then again its gonna dent it self that way..so whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:46 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

hey if it dents itself without messin up my tank then ill be happy. I just dont wanna have the same incident i just had cause id be pretty pissed. I know a few diff people do stunt on undented tanks and if i could do a half a$$ed spreader on a minty tank somethin that actually holds my *** to the tank should be no problem.

Id be happy if it dented itself actually. Im just not goin to attempt beating it with a damn hammer again.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:01 AM

RUBBER HAMMER man you can pick them up for like 5 bucks..that or just do an *** drop on the tank.if you plan on doing highchairs its going to dent..you may as well do it yourself...a dented tank with grip on it is ****ing perfect...
Old 02-25-2005, 04:06 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

808stunna is an unknown quantity at this point

im gonna try some high chairs soon but i dont plan on denting my tank in. if it happens it happens, but untill then i think the surf grip is good enough.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:17 AM

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE....just dent the tank in...jesus....if you wanna do tank tricks a dented tank is soooo much nicer....if yall are gonna be stuck up with your minty tanks at least buy a used one to dent in...
Old 02-25-2005, 09:08 AM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

i sprayed the top of my tank with that rhino liner stuff and it has alot of grip.
my tank is dented in but it feels like that stuff would work on an undented tank too.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:10 AM

snOOpy86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your "minty" tank isnt guna look so mint covered in surf tape

Jus dent it
Old 02-25-2005, 10:40 AM

Have either of you tried to dent an F2 tank... im pretty sure its not just me there not easy to dent. I dont have any money to blow at all... i cant even afford to buy another gas tank as it is right now since im unemployed.

And doodle if you wanna attempt to dent my tank man have at it, ill laugh at you while your sittin there beatin the hell outa it and its not goin anywhere. Your tank looks like it was exteremly ez to dent.

I could care less if i had a minty gas tank (they do look better) and the surf pad can be tankin off and it'll be all minty once again. Like i said if it dents itself in ill take off the pad. But im not even goin to attempt to beat it with a hammer again its just not worth the possibility of messing up another tank. People are saying that it works by having some sorta grip tape on there so im goin to do it. Id rather spend 25 bux on a surf pad and be done with it then having to possibly spend another 100+ for a new gas lid and tank again.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:54 AM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Some tank go in easy, and some are a real bastard. I stomped on mine a few times, and it was nice and deep. Then I evened it out with a mallet. My buddies R1 was nearly impossable, and is un-even as hell. Still looks like a bag of ****. My next bikes tank will be going to a friends body shop so it gets done right (and it'll look smooth)
Old 02-25-2005, 01:00 PM

snOOpy86 is an unknown quantity at this point

do what u want dude, ur bike and ur stunting it.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:01 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I got my f3 tank mildly dented, but its not quite enough. I can stand on it and stomp all day with my heel and it wont go in any farther. To get the small dent I have, I cut a 2x6 to the shape of my ***, and hit it with a 12 lb sledge. I swung at it till the board split in half, and after all that it was only dented in an inch. I had rhino liners sprayed on it too, but that comes off with gasoline, on my pants.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
I got my f3 tank mildly dented, but its not quite enough. I can stand on it and stomp all day with my heel and it wont go in any farther. To get the small dent I have, I cut a 2x6 to the shape of my ***, and hit it with a 12 lb sledge. I swung at it till the board split in half, and after all that it was only dented in an inch. I had rhino liners sprayed on it too, but that comes off with gasoline, on my pants.

See what im saying... F2/F3 tanks are a freakin bastard. That little raised hump that the gas lid sits on makes it so freakin strong ontop its not even funny.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:14 PM

SlitZ is a decent person

i think powers, mxd, 905, FI, or someother company should start buyin old beat tanks and cutting them down to make them lower and denting them, then sellin them to people... if a company made like a 3" short tank with a perfect indention im sure people would buy. they could make some good money since all theyre doing is buying old tanks and selling them for like 150% profit.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:52 PM

truekaotik is an unknown quantity at this point

this is right before i heel click in a rodeo.............

try that with out denting ur tank????????????
Im just sayin until i dented that sucka i couldnt get that to work right. U are usin the edge of the dent to lean back far to get ur legs up high. so ur pretty much on ur tail bone. i could not acheive this with an undented tank. but its ur choice and ya its prob. a biaaatchh to dent that tank , but do u want to go all the way or part of the way, thats the real question u have to ask urself? my
Old 02-25-2005, 05:03 PM

for now.... i wanna go half way, Maybe when i can afford another **** up ill go the full dent.

Like others are saying is probably just goin to dent itself in anyway and if thats the case **** ill be happy to not have to beat on it with a hammer for 20 min straight with 0 results except for nockin the gas cap mount out.

I understand the pros and cons of a dented tank dont get me wrong i know there better. But you gotta live with what you can afford to do. And i cant even afford what i did already so another **** up wouldnt get me anywhere but farther in the hole. And between my bike and my project car im a good 15,000 in the hole.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:36 PM

truekaotik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
for now.... i wanna go half way, Maybe when i can afford another **** up ill go the full dent.

Like others are saying is probably just goin to dent itself in anyway and if thats the case **** ill be happy to not have to beat on it with a hammer for 20 min straight with 0 results except for nockin the gas cap mount out.

I understand the pros and cons of a dented tank dont get me wrong i know there better. But you gotta live with what you can afford to do. And i cant even afford what i did already so another **** up wouldnt get me anywhere but farther in the hole. And between my bike and my project car im a good 15,000 in the hole.
cool bro, was just tryin to help?
Old 02-25-2005, 05:37 PM

if you hit that tank with a rubber hammer around the cap it WILL dent,once the cap part caves down its a matter of smoothing it out...find someone in your area thats done a tank job before and have them help you.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by doodle13245
if you hit that tank with a rubber hammer around the cap it WILL dent,once the cap part caves down its a matter of smoothing it out...find someone in your area thats done a tank job before and have them help you.

Noone in my area stunts except squid and he doesnt even wanna attempt to dent his either after what i did to mine.

I now your saying hit it with a rubber hammer... but if a steal hammer doesnt make that cap start denting in with a full out blow what makes you think a rubber one will?

Just by lookin at the tank befor i started to dent it i knew it was goin to be such a ***** to try and dent that cap inward. Do you relize what im workin with ontop of a f2/f3 tank? lol
Old 02-25-2005, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by truekaotik
cool bro, was just tryin to help?

I know your tryin to help but like Mike said he couldnt even get his to dent in more than an inch. I got mine to dent in very nicely after the cap broke loose...

Im unemployed and have 0 money to my name so messing up another tank isnt a risk i wanna take. I do wanna ride sometime this season. And its nice enough to do so today and yesterday but i cant with a big *** hole in my tank. And instead of possibly doing the same to my next tank with the riding season comming up... id rather ride then stare at my bike wishing i could.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:45 PM

a rubber hammer will give a harder blow over a wider area and wont try to leave small dent holes like a hammer...just do it.

Quick Reply: Undented Tanks