kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
yeah that why u don't hose clamp them and dont make it air tight.
if you don't clamp it, then you get oil ooozin out all over the place??
Old 03-20-2007, 06:18 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

So nobody knows if F4i's have such a mod?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:18 PM

rodger sold me on it, i'm going to the hardware store to buy a couple extra hp's for my old piece of **** bike.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ryan S
if you don't clamp it, then you get oil ooozin out all over the place??
the mass of the oil will run back into the valve cover/crank case you might get alittle bit of leakage.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

that blow by pressure @15k rpm can/will push out your valve cover gasket and or stator cover gasket etc..

Blow by pressure escapes through the Crank case breather into the airbox... when u rout it back into the valve cover, your now creating a engine balloon
by this statment i get what your sayin now, why you don't run the vent hose to the valve cover
Old 03-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
So nobody knows if F4i's have such a mod?
u can turn a f4i up side down and hold it WOFT with out a issue.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

it is ported thru the exhaust ports......
Old 03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by ry0s
by this statment i get what your sayin now, why you don't run the vent hose to the valve cover
i rev limiter coaster'd the **** out of my r6 like 500 times and not once did i blow any smoke... i dip back to scrape also.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by old man roger
it is ported thru the exhaust ports......
barely, im sure blowby most the time out weights the duration of port operation and remember there is more of a positive pressure on the exhaust side. cause bikes run advanced timing.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 PM

so your saying that by doing this you may blow out seals?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

u can turn a f4i up side down and hold it WOFT with out a issue.
It will Hydro Lock Quickly.
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

barely, im sure blowby most the time out weights the duration of port operation and remember there is more of a positive pressure on the exhaust side. cause bikes run advanced timing.
hhhmmm..
may be i just don't have alot of blow by and he does..

ok wheeliest let me get his clear here,
you don't run the vent hose to the valve cover, because of blow by pressure...which will hurt seals.
you just run the hose around the airbox and hooking it back into its original place?
correct?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yes... specialy with a bike that has bad blow by
Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by T-NECK
It will Hydro Lock Quickly.
i was being sarcastic. but f4is don't have much of an issue like r6's and 636s because they have a baffled crank case braether.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM

yes... specialy with a bike that has bad blow by
excellent...so you do that, and also dissconnect the air induction, which was shown how to, in that link you pasted earilyer
and your good to gooooooooo
Old 03-20-2007, 06:30 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Ryan S
so your saying that by doing this you may blow out seals?
i don't see how if it is ported thru the exhaust and the exhuast causes a vaccum

i thought the same thing as you till i read every thread on the subject
Old 03-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by ry0s
ok wheeliest let me get his clear here,
you don't run the vent hose to the valve cover, because of blow by pressure...which will hurt seals.
you just run the hose around the airbox and hooking it back into its original place?
correct?
you got it, by doing that u buy your self lots of time, i wasn't haveing any issues with it stock form... now i def wont have any issues with 2 1/2feet added to it.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 PM

now i think i might just stick with the long *** retarded hose running around the motor, because yeah, your motor is getting blown up like a balloon...there really isn't anyplace for pressure to fent at 15k rpms, especially when you start the motor when it's cold, (such as -15 degrees) there has to be excessive pressure build up from that.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 PM

you got it, by doing that u buy your self lots of time, i wasn't haveing any issues with it stock form... now i def wont have any issues with 2 1/2feet added to it.
yea i never had oil porblems like this either with my r6, so i shoulda with even more hose aswell SWEET:YEAH

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!