kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

After cutting into pieces (about 5) a 1/2" thick by 1inch by 1/2" oil sponge then pushing them into the Kleen line, it still smoked when I merked it to far back the other day. I've gotten better at not bringing it back to far and keeping it in BP but wonder if I wanted to ever drag the bar that it would smoke like crazy again. This mod still works great but If your dragging at all watch out. This is my experience so maybe others are different.

Did yours feel any different Roger??? Regarding the smooth power N such??
Old 03-20-2007, 05:21 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yes the power down low is better but i parked mine on the bar and didn' even get a puff of smoke i even left it there for a few seconds to see if it would smoke.....

do you know what that box is i posted a link on page 4 a couple posts back
Old 03-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

03+ R6
u just block off the valve cover ports once u flip the reed valves, then urun a hose from the crank case arround the airbox back to the spot its suppose to go onto the air box.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:32 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

Originally Posted by old man roger
yes the power down low is better but i parked mine on the bar and didn' even get a puff of smoke i even left it there for a few seconds to see if it would smoke.....

do you know what that box is i posted a link on page 4 a couple posts back
wow must be nice
Do you have your bar near stock tail or further>????
It looks like a sensor plug for vac or some other connection for FI. I can check my online manual when i get home tonight though.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yea i have a home made round bar that comes out the tail light hole no cutting but it is way past 12 so i don't know why yours smokes so much...

and yes please check and tell me what this box does ,thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 05:48 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

yea i have a home made round bar that comes out the tail light hole no cutting but it is way past 12 so i don't know why yours smokes so much...

and yes please check and tell me what this box does ,thanks
No problem..

Well mine is about 1inch and 1/2 to 2inch shorter then the stock tail so maybe thats why.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:53 PM
also known as OMR

yea may be but i would think mine would smoke like yours because when it's on the bar it is in the perfect position for oil to spill out that breather
Old 03-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yea may be but i would think mine would smoke like yours because when it's on the bar it is in the perfect position for oil to spill out that breather
shows what you know!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

IM lost. someone come do this friggin mod to my bike...lol
Old 03-20-2007, 06:00 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

did you put any oil sponges in the line ?????

Damn your lucky, im not sure how i could have messed this up. Interesting......
Old 03-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i've heard good and bad from this mod, the thing that worries me is there is no outside ventalation to your crank case, resulting to pressure build up and seals blowing out....i just ran a long as tube up and around the radiator and back into the air box...i ran pcv valves for the longest time, they still leaked and created pressure in my crank case resulting in a blown valve cover gasket....
Old 03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
also known as OMR

no sponges.....

t it is so well drawn out for you on the first page of this thread it's easy

it's the second link down
Old 03-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i've heard good and bad from this mod, the thing that worries me is there is no outside ventalation to your crank case, resulting to pressure build up and seals blowing out....i just ran a long as tube up and around the radiator and back into the air box...i ran pcv valves for the longest time, they still leaked and created pressure in my crank case resulting in a blown valve cover gasket....
yeah that why u don't hose clamp them and dont make it air tight.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

no sponges.....

t it is so well drawn out for you on the first page of this thread it's easy

it's the second link down
Yeah I looked at the pics. but i cant see what all the other little *** hoses are doing, so I quit.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:08 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Ryan S
your valve cover leaks for some other reason because this mod creates a vaccum in the gear box not pressure

when done right the exhaust pulls a vaccum on the crank case not pressure

it works like an evacuation system on a drag car
Old 03-20-2007, 06:10 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by T-NECK
Yeah I looked at the pics. but i cant see what all the other little *** hoses are doing, so I quit.
if the vaccum lines are intimidating you then just leave them all hooked up except the one that goes to the t in the middle of your valve cover and just plug that one and your done
Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Scrapes Elbow

roger, bikes have blow by... it comes out the crankcase breath and goes into the airbox.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:15 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
roger, bikes have blow by... it comes out the crankcase breath and goes into the airbox.
yea and you mean what by this statement
Old 03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Scrapes Elbow

that blow by pressure @15k rpm can/will push out your valve cover gasket and or stator cover gasket etc..

Blow by pressure escapes through the Crank case breather into the airbox... when u rout it back into the valve cover, your now creating a engine balloon
Old 03-20-2007, 06:17 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
03+ R6
u just block off the valve cover ports once u flip the reed valves, then urun a hose from the crank case arround the airbox back to the spot its suppose to go onto the air box.
well i guess that doesn't help increase HP if the hot air still gets back to the airbox, but it would be a longer route for oil yea and help for sure.i don't get why you'd **** with the reeds then ?

i thought the point was to get the oil that comes up the crankcase vent into the exhaust so it blows on out

Last edited by Hawco; 03-20-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!