kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Originally Posted by old man roger
it keeps the hot air from getting in to the combustion chamber
hot air from the air box? or just from the motor itself?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if there are lines connected to the throttle bodies from the kleen air valve and you have your crank case vent hooked up to it it will get hot air....

i think....
Old 02-14-2007, 10:49 PM

02_cbr is a decent person

Hey Frankie u think this would be a good idea to do on my piece.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:18 PM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

the caps on the throttle bodies are old vaccume lines that went to the kleen air peice that you take out. If you don't cap them the bike will run like **** cause of the vacume leak.. They are for sync'ing you throttle bodies..
Old 02-15-2007, 07:01 PM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

I`ve Got An 06 636 &had The Lil Bottle Fill Up On Me.what Causes This,& Whats The Fix?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:05 PM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

could be water^^
Old 02-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Originally Posted by PAINTRIXX
I`ve Got An 06 636 &had The Lil Bottle Fill Up On Me.what Causes This,& Whats The Fix?
This mod would be the fix.

The little bottle is attached to a line going to your airbox. Kinda like an overflow.
If your bottle is filled up, that means that your airbox had alot of oil in it and drained to the bottle.

You can take off the bottle and pour it out and put it back on, but it's gonna happen again if you have the bike straight up. It could fill your airbox and get down into the intake and cause your engine to hydrolock or break a rod.

That's what happened to mine before i bought it.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Originally Posted by 02_cbr
Hey Frankie u think this would be a good idea to do on my piece.
Wouldn't hurt and i can show you how. I don't think you really need it on an f4i but it would help the low end power a little.

I'm not goin to Hub city sat. but we're gonna ride at the spot if you wanna come out.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:35 PM

STUNTIN50x is an unknown quantity at this point

Ima do this mod fo sho...thanks for all the info guys
Old 03-20-2007, 03:08 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by THORPE
Yeah i just ran a 1/2" hose from my case to the "T" on the valve cover. I left the diaphram assembly on but took the spring out of it since there was no vaccum line hooked to it anymore.(capped) Now if I do have some oil come from the case it just goes into the exhaust port/header throught the factory kleen air assembly(diaphram) instead of my airbox. It also helps to keep hot oily air out of the airbox wich = more power & torque.

I'm gonna try it more tommorow with stalls and see if it blows any smoke out of the exhaust. If it does I may put a catch bottle inline close to the case so if oil does come out at 12 it will stay in there till i put it back down and then it will flow back down into the case. This way it will still let air pressure out but not oil.

So far so good tho with just the simple setup and my oil level just to the top mark on the spy glass.
i just did this yesterday

i also used the factory t i just unpluged the vaccum line from it so it just acts like a regular t fitting

then i just plugged the line i took off of the t and as far as i can see thats the same as plugging all the throttle bodies...

there is a little black box that has a vaccum line going to it ,it sits in front of the throttle bodies and im not sure what it does but i rode last night and didn't seem to have any problems....any one know what that box is
Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 PM
also known as OMR

im talking bout the box that is right next to the white elbo...
what is it and what does it do

Next »
Photo 9 of 18
« Previous

Order Print
Old 03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Is .5" hose the way to go. I picked some up and couldn't get it in the nipple on the crank case. I am beginning to thing it might be 5/8"
Old 03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
also known as OMR

well i just used the factory hoses and joined them together with a peice of electrical pipe conduit[sp?] that i bent to fit around the tb's
Old 03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

i still need to do this. i was trying to jump from stalls and i got oil ******* everywhere all over my fresh paint.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i did it on my 04 R6 and it got rid of an annoying tick caused by the reed valves and bottom end is stronger... i still need to put a stocker on it though.

on the 636 note, there was no black box on 49 state model lol, i think what u need isto pull that charcola filter the **** out and throw it in the trash.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:43 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
i did it on my 04 R6 and it got rid of an annoying tick caused by the reed valves and bottom end is stronger... i still need to put a stocker on it though.

on the 636 note, there was no black box on 49 state model lol, i think what u need isto pull that charcola filter the **** out and throw it in the trash.
im not talking about the box that bolts to the stator cover on the california bikes i don't have that im talking about the one in the pic that i posted go back a couple posts and click on the link i posted
Old 03-20-2007, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest

wanna take a couple pics of how its done on the r6
Old 03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

wha laaaaa

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29697
Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i also ran a hose from the crank case all the way arround the air box back to the spot it would plug back into the air box tobuy me some time from oil ending up in the box, so far in some rev limiter coasters i could smell oil burning, but no smoke. so i think its buying me lots of time.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:11 PM

uhh you lost me with that link, it never said nothing about takin the crankcase vent off the airbox, and hooking it up else where?
so are you then spose to run the line to the port on the valve cover, so then you only have one sealed and the other with the line hooked to it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!