kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

good link. bookmarked it!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:12 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

hhmm i wonder if puting the breather to the clean air doesn't act like an evacuation system on a drag car ??

on a car it causes a slight vaccum in the crank case witch means there is no pressure in the crank case for the pistons to fight when going down ..

it is a proven hp gain , not huge but still it's a gain none the less , may be on a bike it would be more noticable due to the power to weight ratio...

the reason for the factory system to go to the air box is purely for emmisions from the crank case to be burned in the combustion chamber and not just vented like it would be in this mod...

ima doit.................................
Old 01-21-2007, 03:24 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
hhmm i wonder if puting the breather to the clean air doesn't act like an evacuation system on a drag car ??

on a car it causes a slight vaccum in the crank case witch means there is no pressure in the crank case for the pistons to fight when going down ..

it is a proven hp gain , not huge but still it's a gain none the less , may be on a bike it would be more noticable due to the power to weight ratio...

the reason for the factory system to go to the air box is purely for emmisions from the crank case to be burned in the combustion chamber and not just vented like it would be in this mod...

ima doit.................................
wats up terd J/k. that would also mean that the idle would be stronger corect.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yep..
Old 01-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

It deff made my idle stronger.

To me It's alot cooler to be able to cut the idle down to near stock sound and still pull smoothe idle tricks. It pulls like a tractor now...but smooth
Old 01-21-2007, 04:34 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Yes it will (at least it did on my gixxer) change the crankcase from being slightly pressurized to a vacuum

QUESTION: On the 636, the tiny tubes that come off the KLEEN system and run to the throttle bodies, do you cap those off or ?????? thanks!
Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THORPE
It deff made my idle stronger.

To me It's alot cooler to be able to cut the idle down to near stock sound and still pull smoothe idle tricks. It pulls like a tractor now...but smooth
do you have a stock exhaust or after market one
Old 01-21-2007, 04:42 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

i think u supposed to capped those off

Name:  vent_08.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  84.2 KB

Last edited by babyJOKER; 01-21-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by hyperryder
do you have a stock exhaust or after market one
I dont really feel a difference between stock and slip-on on the 636...

Got it figured out, which lines to remove and what to plug. Now i have to figure out what to use as plugs, autoparts store closed...
Old 01-21-2007, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by MILTOWN BIG OP

is this the one u looking for ?

Thanks bro, took a look at my bike and read that article carefully, got that all figured out now...

just need to find things to use as caps! lol
Old 01-21-2007, 04:54 PM
also known as OMR

if you cant find regular vaccum caps you can just put a screw in the end of a peice of vaccum line....

the ones you took off maybe , or just t them together it does the same thing
Old 01-21-2007, 04:57 PM

if you cant find regular vaccum caps you can just put a screw in the end of a peice of vaccum line....

the ones you took off maybe , or just t them together it does the same thing

Screw in the end of a piece of line... i have that! oooooooo, roger, u so smart! lol thanks!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:02 PM
also known as OMR

hahaha i been a riggin a long time
Old 01-21-2007, 05:04 PM

hahaha i been a riggin a long time

me too, just havent worked on the old piece in a few months... need to get the riggin part of the brain going again
Old 01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
also known as OMR

use it or lose it....lol
Old 01-21-2007, 05:07 PM

use it or lose it....lol

HAHAHA, yep, damn winter
Old 01-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Yeah I got stock exhaust on mine right now.

And, Sorry I forgot to mention the caps on the throttle boddies. Yeah cap them i got lucky parts store had caps but I had to use a bolt in the end of the 1/2" line on the back of the airbox cause they didn't have a cap that big.

When you get into it its not a complicatd as it looks.

Anybody else done it yet and tried it besides Edlegion?

I'm curious what everybody else's results were
Old 01-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Scotty7one7 is a decent person

hey john...on my gixxer i just put a filter rite out of the crankcase and capped the airbox...was that stupid or smart....whats teh correct way to kep oil from going to the air box....not that im dragging now becuz i got a round bar...but just for assurence ..thankx alot...
Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 PM

midnitesins1196 is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know if this is close to the samething on a 04 R6, and does anyone have pics
Old 01-21-2007, 08:29 PM

stickler69420 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just did this but i did not do anything to the throttle bodies do you have to or just cap the one little vacum line that comes off the kleen system

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!