kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

I did this mod today and my 636 is losing idle. What is the issue!? It should be idleing at 3100rpm but wont go over 1500
Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

you forgot to plug somthing in, re-check the air box sensor and the vac lines.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

10-4. I tightened up the carbs to the airbox but still not holding the hellacious idle its teasing me with.. lol. I shall retrack my steps
Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

Originally Posted by dscamry
cause it can bust your rod or piston pin. mine did hydro lock once and don't want it to do it again
yes i realize the whole hydrolock situation but the f4i isn't like the 636. i put my f4i on the bar all the time without an oil inthe airbox incident. i don't see a point ot doing it on the f4i unless you like to leave your bike on it's side for long periods of time.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

little bitty t hose off the carbs did the trick
Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KrazyWhite Rich
yes i realize the whole hydrolock situation but the f4i isn't like the 636. i put my f4i on the bar all the time without an oil inthe airbox incident. i don't see a point ot doing it on the f4i unless you like to leave your bike on it's side for long periods of time.
F4i's end up upside down... flip a stoppie or somthing,.... you never know dude. and plus it eliminates recycle crap like blowby
Old 07-21-2007, 12:08 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KrazyWhite Rich
i got the oil from being on the side as well i know it doesn't dump from the bar like 636, but man you need to feel this thing pull now holy ish. so f4i don't have the oil prob but it helps for more pull on idle!!

Last edited by DSC; 07-21-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:18 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
the only side effect i have found with this mod is you have to take off your filler cap when draining your oil or it take forever ....

the read style valves in the clean air ports only open when the bike is running so it's like tipping a gallon jug of water over it chugs until you open the filler cap ....

i guess if you take off your filter and drain plug at the same time this wouldn't happen but my drain pan is only big enough to do one at a time
i changed my oil today, and took the filler cap off and it flowed out way faster
Old 07-21-2007, 08:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yep....
Old 07-22-2007, 01:05 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

Originally Posted by dscamry
i got the oil from being on the side as well i know it doesn't dump from the bar like 636, but man you need to feel this thing pull now holy ish. so f4i don't have the oil prob but it helps for more pull on idle!!
that's one thing that i'm not liking about my f4i, it dogs it when you gas when coming down from a wheelie. you sold me, i'm going to try it on the f4i as well.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:21 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

all f4i's are like that
Old 07-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Scrapes Elbow

all f4i's are like that
not according to nags,

iridium spark plugs along with sync'd Throttle bodies and it shouldn't bog
Old 07-22-2007, 02:10 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I mean, it's no 636.. thats for sure. But it definitley doesn't do the bog.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

he means its ten times better then a 636
Old 07-22-2007, 03:51 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
he means its ten times better then a 636
no.. i prefer the 636 for the most part
Old 08-10-2007, 07:20 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 03zx6rrNICK
i did this mod because my bike was missing out on the first cylinder and i thought it may be bacause i got oil in the airbox. i cleaned the box out. bought new plugs. cranked it with out plugs and then put them back in and it is still running like ****. its blowing blue smoke out and exhaust smels somewhat like it has gas and oil in it?
run the bike for a while, then spray some water on teh headers, if one of them doesn't sizzle then it's not firing.

if they all sizzle, you might have a jetting issue. could be clogged injector or something, if it's running rich then an injector might be going wild for whatever reason. the blue smoke would be from oil being burned...could be a stuck ring for that.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:14 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

i did mine today i had the cali model. is it ok to just leave the stock part in like in my pic
Name:  DSC01137.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  101.5 KB
Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 PM

heres all the cali emissions **** i pulled out
Name:  DSC01133.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  72.9 KB
Name:  DSC01132.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  81.2 KB\
Old 08-19-2007, 07:50 PM
also known as OMR

yes it is ok too use the stock t as long as you plugged the vaccum line that goes to it
Old 08-19-2007, 07:56 PM

yes it is ok too use the stock t as long as you plugged the vaccum line that goes to it
sure did. i cant test it out till i get some **** fixed. omr do you know where i can find that one thread you posted about the problems with the 636 gas tank. i think u had a fix for it

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!