kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:19 PM

dbafia_8 is a decent person
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Has anyone done the modd to their 05-06 636? I got some questions.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:53 PM

Robb235 is a decent person

Originally Posted by martino
heres the question, does your **** run better you think? i mean honestly, not to justify the work you did, but really you felt a difference ?
A little bit. Not a whole lot, but some.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:06 PM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbafia_8
Has anyone done the modd to their 05-06 636? I got some questions.
What question do you have? Just go do it.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:11 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

Originally Posted by Robb235
A little bit. Not a whole lot, but some.
yea man, i think there is a slight difference, more in the mid range I think, more all around smoothness it seems

its hard to tell a 5% gain in power, i cant taste the difference between coke and pepsi much less a 3 hp gain
Old 05-22-2007, 01:35 AM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

Pepsi FTW!

Unless your drinking w/ jack or crown.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:01 AM

Z.w.A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Nah, I got it figured out man... it's A LOT simpler than a 636!!! Feels way better too even up here with the altitude!!
Did you use the stock T with the wires conected? Is the stock T valve open all the time when engine is running?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the stock t has a vaccum line that goes to it and it opens and closes the valve in the t with no vaccum the valve will remain in the open position so just take off the vaccume line and plug it
Old 05-23-2007, 08:03 AM

Z.w.A is an unknown quantity at this point

I run Honda and YES i know this is a Kawi thread. no vacum lines here. just two electric wires to the stock T.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:56 AM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point

YO! i was riding all day on my 636 brought the bike home did a run up the street tried to clutch once it lagged then clutched it up and it stalled and shutoff...looked at my guage saw the oil light on, until i started it up again and it went away...is this the symptoms of having oil in your airbox?
Old 05-29-2007, 05:45 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

sssshhhhhhh

why you yelling..lol

no the light comes on when you stall ,you probably have another problem or you were low on gas
Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 PM

03zx6rrNICK is a decent person

hey that link doesnt work anymore. can some1 get another link or send me pics on what vaccum lines i need to block off. thanks alot
Nick
Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 PM
also known as OMR

if you read this thread[i know its long but]you will fully understand this mod......
Old 06-03-2007, 01:17 PM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

OMR,I CUT THE VAC. LINE THAT GOES FROM THE FRONT OF THE T TO THE THROTTLE BODIES AND CAPPED THEM.THEN CONECTED THE T STRAIT TO THE CRANKCASE VENT,IS THIS CORRECT
I HAVE RIDEN IT AND IT SEEMES TO BE FINE.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
also known as OMR

yep thats what i did ......

blocked off the holes left in the air box right?
Old 06-03-2007, 03:04 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

No parts are needed for this mod right? Just capping and re routinjg a few hoses or wires?
Old 06-03-2007, 03:12 PM
also known as OMR

no you need to connect the two big hoses so you will need to have some thing to do that i used a peice of electrical conduit and two hose clamps

i routed them around the right side of the air box

read the thread dammit....lol
Old 06-04-2007, 09:53 AM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
yep thats what i did ......

blocked off the holes left in the air box right?
yea, i pluged them as well.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Why the hell are you guys plugging up the vac lines that run from the throttle bodies to the airbox? I still haven't figured that one out... I don't understand how this relates to routing the crank case ventilation to the Kleen/AIS/what ever the hell you want to call it.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:45 PM

On another note, has anyone noticed a significant decrease in engine braking? I certainly have. To me that seems to indicate that it is no longer having to fight and pump air out of the crank case, allowing the engine to spin more freely now. Just my thoughts...
Old 06-06-2007, 01:45 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Robb235
Why the hell are you guys plugging up the vac lines that run from the throttle bodies to the airbox? I still haven't figured that one out... I don't understand how this relates to routing the crank case ventilation to the Kleen/AIS/what ever the hell you want to call it.
i only plugged one vaccum line the one i took off the t

and my engine brake seemed like it was stronger but that may just be in my head

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!