F4i idle screw relocation

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:41 AM

jimmyjames007 is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i idle screw relocation

I'm relocating the idle screw from lower left side to upper left side, as all stunters do.

My question is, where do I rescrew in to?

A friend was trying to explain it to me, but I just didn't get it. pics would help if you can...
Old 06-21-2005, 05:07 AM

Re: F4i idle screw relocation

I figured it out myself...
Old 06-21-2005, 07:23 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed riding an i the other day, its in a bunk location. The F4 is routed ten times better or maybe im just so used to it
Old 06-21-2005, 01:00 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Wanna post up so i can do it on mine?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:35 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

where is it on an F4i?? i have an f4 and its right next to my right knee and i think thats perfect. i wouldnt like it on my left side because i pull my clutch in while im adjusting it.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:41 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4stunna
where is it on an F4i?? i have an f4 and its right next to my right knee and i think thats perfect. i wouldnt like it on my left side because i pull my clutch in while im adjusting it.
.... or u could just pop it in neutral. Its on the lower left on the f4i. I don't have fairings on mine yet so its still easily accessible. Do the fairings block it or what? Why do you relocate it?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:52 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Here are a couple of pics. Very simple thing to do. You should leave the stock idle cable in place.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle-Cable1.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	142340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle-Cable2.jpg
Views:	1241
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	142341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle-Cable3.jpg
Views:	1259
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	142342  
Old 06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by Schwartz
Here are a couple of pics. Very simple thing to do. You should leave the stock idle cable in place.

In the second picture I am pointing to where I put My new cable. You have to back out the stock set screw and simple screw in the replacment. I recomend you have the spring and washer that comes with the 900 cable.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:43 PM

02_1_Liter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonnyJ
.... or u could just pop it in neutral. Its on the lower left on the f4i. I don't have fairings on mine yet so its still easily accessible. Do the fairings block it or what? Why do you relocate it?
My fairings do not block the adjuster....
Old 06-21-2005, 02:58 PM

You will have to cut or shorten the screw because it will be too long to sit into the relocation.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:01 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by jimmyjames007
You will have to cut or shorten the screw because it will be too long to sit into the relocation.
Not true.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

Not true.

thats the point if its long it screws in further so the idol goes up super high.
It is the 900rr cable right? i put one on my bike but it wasnt long enough to come out by the neck of my bike. I had to run it down and out the side by my radiator.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by teamclc
thats the point if its long it screws in further so the idol goes up super high.
It is the 900rr cable right? i put one on my bike but it wasnt long enough to come out by the neck of my bike. I had to run it down and out the side by my radiator.

Not sure what year it is but one of the years is longer then the other. I put a 96 900 RR cable and you can see in the pics where it came out.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:06 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Guys, just curious - whats the point of this mod? I never have any trouble adjusting the idle on my f4i. Is this for more convienence?
Old 06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by MikeM
Guys, just curious - whats the point of this mod? I never have any trouble adjusting the idle on my f4i. Is this for more convienence?
You can get the idle to the desired RPM and only have to twist the cable like 1/4 to 1/2 A Turn and the idle is more sufficant then when you use the stock Idle up. This is for the f4i's. I am sure the f4's are fine stock. The stock setup doens't even open the throttel bodies it only fatten's up the idle simalar to a choke.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:49 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get the idle to the desired RPM and only have to twist the cable like 1/4 to 1/2 A Turn and the idle is more sufficant then when you use the stock Idle up. This is for the f4i's. I am sure the f4's are fine stock. The stock setup doens't even open the throttel bodies it only fatten's up the idle simalar to a choke.
This is important! The stock 'idle' adjuster is not really idle, it is a fuel flap adjustment. It will only allow you to 'adjust' a little higher than stock. You MUST leave the stock on attached or the bike will not run. Just add a new f4i adjuster from the dealer ($35 or so) and you are good to go...it will reach to the right side of the tank near the neck.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:59 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SIC GSXR
This is important! The stock 'idle' adjuster is not really idle, it is a fuel flap adjustment. It will only allow you to 'adjust' a little higher than stock. You MUST leave the stock on attached or the bike will not run. Just add a new f4i adjuster from the dealer ($35 or so) and you are good to go...it will reach to the right side of the tank near the neck.
Awesome mod. I'll definitely do this one then
Old 06-21-2005, 08:05 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

ive been doing just fine with mine stock but i only use 3500 max idle for sitdown no handers everything else like 3000 but i was thinking couldn't you just switch the set screw in the middle to the fuel flap ajd.and the wire **** chingadera to the center and not need a extra one?just a thought
Old 06-21-2005, 10:29 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by got circles?
ive been doing just fine with mine stock but i only use 3500 max idle for sitdown no handers everything else like 3000 but i was thinking couldn't you just switch the set screw in the middle to the fuel flap ajd.and the wire **** chingadera to the center and not need a extra one?just a thought

Dude did you read the post???

Gotta leave the stock one in place.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:32 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, plus you never know when you might want to adjust your baseline idle even if you could take out the stock one. I always thought I was fine with the stock cable til I put on the 900rr one, and now theres no way I would go back to only the stock one. The cable was only $18 at my dealer......plus you can turn the idle way up for fun stuff like 45mph no-handers...........

Quick Reply: F4i idle screw relocation