Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunting Help and Advice (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice)
-   -   F4i idle screw relocation (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/130431-f4i-idle-screw-relocation.html)

jimmyjames007 06-20-2005 07:41 AM

F4i idle screw relocation

I'm relocating the idle screw from lower left side to upper left side, as all stunters do.

My question is, where do I rescrew in to?

A friend was trying to explain it to me, but I just didn't get it. pics would help if you can...

jimmyjames007 06-21-2005 05:07 AM

Re: F4i idle screw relocation

I figured it out myself... :LOL

Mikie 06-21-2005 07:23 AM

I noticed riding an i the other day, its in a bunk location. The F4 is routed ten times better or maybe im just so used to it :shruggs

JonnyJ 06-21-2005 01:00 PM

Wanna post up so i can do it on mine?

f4stunna 06-21-2005 01:35 PM

where is it on an F4i?? i have an f4 and its right next to my right knee and i think thats perfect. i wouldnt like it on my left side because i pull my clutch in while im adjusting it.

JonnyJ 06-21-2005 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=f4stunna]where is it on an F4i?? i have an f4 and its right next to my right knee and i think thats perfect. i wouldnt like it on my left side because i pull my clutch in while im adjusting it.[/QUOTE]

.... or u could just pop it in neutral. Its on the lower left on the f4i. I don't have fairings on mine yet so its still easily accessible. Do the fairings block it or what? Why do you relocate it?

Schwartz 06-21-2005 01:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics. Very simple thing to do. You should leave the stock idle cable in place.

Schwartz 06-21-2005 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=Schwartz]Here are a couple of pics. Very simple thing to do. You should leave the stock idle cable in place.[/QUOTE]

In the second picture I am pointing to where I put My new cable. You have to back out the stock set screw and simple screw in the replacment. I recomend you have the spring and washer that comes with the 900 cable.

02_1_Liter 06-21-2005 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=JonnyJ].... or u could just pop it in neutral. Its on the lower left on the f4i. I don't have fairings on mine yet so its still easily accessible. Do the fairings block it or what? Why do you relocate it?[/QUOTE]
My fairings do not block the adjuster....

jimmyjames007 06-21-2005 02:58 PM

You will have to cut or shorten the screw because it will be too long to sit into the relocation.

Schwartz 06-21-2005 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=jimmyjames007]You will have to cut or shorten the screw because it will be too long to sit into the relocation.[/QUOTE]

Not true.

Tony Carbajal 06-21-2005 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=Schwartz]Not true.[/QUOTE]

thats the point if its long it screws in further so the idol goes up super high.
It is the 900rr cable right? i put one on my bike but it wasnt long enough to come out by the neck of my bike. I had to run it down and out the side by my radiator.

Schwartz 06-21-2005 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=teamclc]thats the point if its long it screws in further so the idol goes up super high.
It is the 900rr cable right? i put one on my bike but it wasnt long enough to come out by the neck of my bike. I had to run it down and out the side by my radiator.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what year it is but one of the years is longer then the other. I put a 96 900 RR cable and you can see in the pics where it came out.

MikeM 06-21-2005 04:06 PM

Guys, just curious - whats the point of this mod? I never have any trouble adjusting the idle on my f4i. Is this for more convienence?

Schwartz 06-21-2005 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=MikeM]Guys, just curious - whats the point of this mod? I never have any trouble adjusting the idle on my f4i. Is this for more convienence?[/QUOTE]

You can get the idle to the desired RPM and only have to twist the cable like 1/4 to 1/2 A Turn and the idle is more sufficant then when you use the stock Idle up. This is for the f4i's. I am sure the f4's are fine stock. The stock setup doens't even open the throttel bodies it only fatten's up the idle simalar to a choke.

SIC Nate 06-21-2005 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Schwartz]You can get the idle to the desired RPM and only have to twist the cable like 1/4 to 1/2 A Turn and the idle is more sufficant then when you use the stock Idle up. This is for the f4i's. I am sure the f4's are fine stock. The stock setup doens't even open the throttel bodies it only fatten's up the idle simalar to a choke.[/QUOTE]

This is important! The stock 'idle' adjuster is not really idle, it is a fuel flap adjustment. It will only allow you to 'adjust' a little higher than stock. You MUST leave the stock on attached or the bike will not run. Just add a new f4i adjuster from the dealer ($35 or so) and you are good to go...it will reach to the right side of the tank near the neck.

MikeM 06-21-2005 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=Schwartz]You can get the idle to the desired RPM and only have to twist the cable like 1/4 to 1/2 A Turn and the idle is more sufficant then when you use the stock Idle up. This is for the f4i's. I am sure the f4's are fine stock. The stock setup doens't even open the throttel bodies it only fatten's up the idle simalar to a choke.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=SIC GSXR]This is important! The stock 'idle' adjuster is not really idle, it is a fuel flap adjustment. It will only allow you to 'adjust' a little higher than stock. You MUST leave the stock on attached or the bike will not run. Just add a new f4i adjuster from the dealer ($35 or so) and you are good to go...it will reach to the right side of the tank near the neck.[/QUOTE]Awesome mod. I'll definitely do this one then

Michael D Rickman 06-21-2005 08:05 PM

ive been doing just fine with mine stock but i only use 3500 max idle for sitdown no handers everything else like 3000 but i was thinking couldn't you just switch the set screw in the middle to the fuel flap ajd.and the wire knob chingadera to the center and not need a extra one?just a thought :cheers

Schwartz 06-21-2005 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=got circles?]ive been doing just fine with mine stock but i only use 3500 max idle for sitdown no handers everything else like 3000 but i was thinking couldn't you just switch the set screw in the middle to the fuel flap ajd.and the wire knob chingadera to the center and not need a extra one?just a thought :cheers[/QUOTE]

Dude did you read the post???

Gotta leave the stock one in place.

jowalskiMO 06-22-2005 01:32 AM

yeah, plus you never know when you might want to adjust your baseline idle even if you could take out the stock one. I always thought I was fine with the stock cable til I put on the 900rr one, and now theres no way I would go back to only the stock one. The cable was only $18 at my dealer......plus you can turn the idle way up for fun stuff like 45mph no-handers...........