please help! f4 wont start and i dont know where to.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
THIS IS WHAT WE DO!

ro 100 proof is a decent person
please help! f4 wont start and i dont know where to.

I bought a 2000 f4, it came without a key or title aand I got it to build a stunt bike. After I got an ignition for it and battery it wouldn't start. Motor turns and starter is wide awake but it sounds like the motor isn't getting any fuel. The filter isn't clogged and I plan on cleaning the carbs but is there anything I should try out before removing the carbs please let me know. What other things should I do other than clean the carbs and what steps should I take? I couldn't find anything in the search. I don't hear the fuel pump when I turn it on, I don't know if I should. I also can't get anything out of it wit starter spray.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future
Re: please help! f4 wont start and i dont know where to.

you'll get a lot more help on stuntride.

is the ignition an original F4i one? ebay has cheap ones that say they are for F4i's but they don't have the resistor that allows the bike to turn on.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:03 AM
THIS IS WHAT WE DO!

Originally Posted by Trachito
you'll get a lot more help on stuntride.

is the ignition an original F4i one? ebay has cheap ones that say they are for F4i's but they don't have the resistor that allows the bike to turn on.
Actually yea, it is a cheap eBay ignition. What can I do to fix that? Can I add it or just order an official Honda one?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:18 PM

geery is a decent person

are the carbs vacuum ran
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 PM

geery is a decent person

if u turn key and fuel pump kicks then check ur vacuum setup i had same prob it wasnt resistor try to start bike while holding fuel pump line if it kicks then resistor is workin
Old 12-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ro 100 proof
Actually yea, it is a cheap eBay ignition. What can I do to fix that? Can I add it or just order an official Honda one?
the cheap one that i had couldn't be modded with the resistor, at least not easily. take the bottom of the cheap ignition apart. if you don't see a resistor then it won't work. look for a used F4i ignition on ebay or stuntride.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 PM
THIS IS WHAT WE DO!

Originally Posted by Trachito
the cheap one that i had couldn't be modded with the resistor, at least not easily. take the bottom of the cheap ignition apart. if you don't see a resistor then it won't work. look for a used F4i ignition on ebay or stuntride.
Do u have a pic or a description of the resistor? I don't know what I'm looking for.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 PM

maybe this will help you:

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...ch-your-2.html

or check out post #12

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...ch-wiring.html

Last edited by Trachito; 01-02-2013 at 06:56 PM.