Questions to Stunters...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Questions to Stunters...

or you could fill it up and have a light battery ..lol

i like a full tank when i start a session so i dont have to keep filling it ..
Old 09-21-2010, 07:10 PM

Antigrav is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
You could fill your bike up with 1/2 gallon less and save as much weight
Well damn, that's pretty good thinking there.... BUT.....Its actually about a gallon less of gas you would need to equal the wieght savings... and I've got an even bettery idea.... fill your tank up with gallon less, and have a lightweight battery and then you lose like 15 pounds

But we aren't competing with a gallon of gas... we are competing with the other brands like Full Spectrum and SpeedCell...then your saving many, many gallons of gas...

Last edited by Antigrav; 09-21-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Antigrav

Amp Hours------ Not as many as Lead Acid...but if I"m not mistaken Stunt bikes aren't hooked up with extra LEDs lighting and active Alarm systems that stay on when the ignition is off, correct? The only reason you would need higher Amp rating is if you have an active alrarm, or you have bling lighting that you leave on when your key is OFF...or if you have electrical draw while the bike is OFF.. During the running of the bike your electrical system powers everything ... not the battery... The battery starts the bike and then is kept in a state of charge by the bike's alternator.
the battery and alternator work together as a team. under low idle conditions running a cooling fan, and sometimes 2 fans, is a severe electrical load that the alternator alone cannot handle. the juice comes from the battery, the alternator replenishes it. the only thing i like about your battery is space savings. it would mean i'm not sitting on my ecu anymore and have plenty of room for all my wires. but other than that i wouldnt care about shedding a few pounds. a subcage easily counters any possible weight mattering with or without a lightweight battery. and cost, well i dont know where the ones from walmart and autozone are made but i know they work just as good as the yuasa ones.

what happened recently with my car is whenever i would turn the a/c on the idle would go through the roof.
i was going bananas trying to figure it out. it was the battery. the ecm would sense a severe electrical load from the a/c clutch and blower fan, which the alternator was not able to support. so my car would be like a cruise control and have this crazy idle. the battery was what needed to supply that juice and it wasnt doing its job in this situation. stuntbikes get put under this same type of electrical load.

Last edited by Danger_Dave; 09-21-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
the battery and alternator work together as a team. under low idle conditions running a cooling fan, and sometimes 2 fans, is a severe electrical load that the alternator alone cannot handle.
As I said I'm not a stunter so I cannot really comment except from the perspective of the location of the weight... the cage is lower center of gravity weight, the battery is higher, higher CG weight is much harder to handle.

I don't know if you've felt a lightweight battery, but it pretty stunning... Here's a good test to really get a feel for what type of weight I am talking about... Get a 10 pound dumbell, or disc.... put it in your hand and move it side to side..slowly then moderately.. about how fast your bike moves side to side...now get a roll of duct tape which is roughly 2 pounds (heavier than the 8 cell) and do it... then you can understand what I am talking about... it's huge. 7-8 pounds seem light when discussing it on a forum, it real life on a bike it pretty significant.

Now for you comment about the fans and battery...if your running two fans any modern sport bikes alternator output should cover two fans if your shutting down your lighting... Modern motorcycles are built to have some additional output from the alternator available for accessories...
But ultimately this depends on th operating load of your bike things like the fuelpump, lighting fans, ect vs the peak output of the electrical system..
So excuse my ignorance here...If I was running a stunt bike I assume I am not running with the lights on, or may even have it stripped a bit of any unneeded draws, then all should be fine for the system and the battery..

Let me ask everyone which bikes size is most used in stunting? A liter bike or a 600??? I don't know.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

dave walmart batteries leak acid every where they suck compared to a yuasa which has a type of acid that solidifies as long as you follow the filling instructions so it never leaks and obviously the light weight batteries dont have a liquid acid in them so they wont leak either ..

antigrav 600's and 636's are the most common stunt bikes and yes most stunters either turn off their lights or dont even have them unless they are street riding which in that case the bike would be revving high enough to supply all the power needed..

i have personally seen a bunch of bikes that had dead batteries to the point the stunters had to push start the bike and they had no problems riding around on stator power only ..
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Antigrav
Here's a good test to really get a feel for what type of weight I am talking about... Get a 10 pound dumbell, or disc.... put it in your hand and move it side to side..slowly then moderately.. about how fast your bike moves side to side...now get a roll of duct tape which is roughly 2 pounds (heavier than the 8 cell) and do it... then you can understand what I am talking about... it's huge. 7-8 pounds seem light when discussing it on a forum, it real life on a bike it pretty significant.
like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsSeVr5NSI
Old 09-24-2010, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
I can't stop laughing... when the hell did they come out with that??? I don't see TV much except for races...it that on regular TV? I found myself squinting for the guy.... and almost vomited.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

So far ***** has this battery in his bike, installing it was extremely easy, the quality of the product is definitely there and obviously the weight savings are the best feature!!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:14 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
or you could fill it up and have a light battery ..lol

i like a full tank when i start a session so i dont have to keep filling it ..
I'd say you could just loose a few pounds, but you look as skinny as me, not much room to lose weight unless you start chopping off body parts!

A lightweight battery would be cool, I just wonder how good it would do in the winter time (I ride my bike down to 10f lol), and I wonder how it would be after a couple years of use.

I know my drill batteries go to **** in a couple years of use, whereas my f4i's first battery lasted 6 years! The battery I have now I got used from a 600rr for $20, and have 2 years on it so far, and I don't have any doubts it'll last another 2-5 years easily.
I keep mine on a trickle charger at least once a week though, and daily in the winter. And the only reason my first battery failed was cause I ran a WAY oversize tire and it rubbed a hole through teh battery box and the battery