Questions to Stunters...

Old 09-11-2010, 03:03 AM

Antigrav is a decent person
Questions to Stunters...

Not a stunter... I'm actually someone who rides roadrace tracks .Anyway, I need some questions answered because I want to know if my company has a product useful to stunters.. I own a company that makes superlight-weight batteries and they are tiny but powerful. Our batteries are 3/4 of a pound for a 4-cell battery that starts 600s with ease... and the 8 cell wieghs 1.6 pounds and will start 1000cc bikes easily... So on average you lose about about 7 pounds of wieght that is held up high under the seat... For riding on a road track this is great because the bike turns in easier and feels lighter dropping it into tight corners...and I sell a lot of batteries for sport bikes, but I don't know if it translates to stunters...

So my questions are this...

1) Is it beneficial to have a lower wieght bike?

2) Does dropping 7-10 pounds of wieght under the seat effect you guys since it is top heavy (high center of gravity) weight? Or is being heavier actually beneficial.

3)Is it a good mod to drop weight, is that something the stunt bikes try to do or does it not even matter?

Thanks for any responses... In my mind it seems like it would be a good mod when I see the crazy crap the stunters are doing but maybe I'm off target...
Old 09-11-2010, 09:07 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Questions to Stunters...

if the price is close to the price of an oem i would get one when i need to replace my battery , i would love to lose 5 or more pounds off my stunt bike
Old 09-11-2010, 11:01 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Antigrav
Not a stunter... I'm actually someone who rides roadrace tracks .Anyway, I need some questions answered because I want to know if my company has a product useful to stunters.. I own a company that makes superlight-weight batteries and they are tiny but powerful. Our batteries are 3/4 of a pound for a 4-cell battery that starts 600s with ease... and the 8 cell wieghs 1.6 pounds and will start 1000cc bikes easily... So on average you lose about about 7 pounds of wieght that is held up high under the seat... For riding on a road track this is great because the bike turns in easier and feels lighter dropping it into tight corners...and I sell a lot of batteries for sport bikes, but I don't know if it translates to stunters...

So my questions are this...

1) Is it beneficial to have a lower wieght bike?

2) Does dropping 7-10 pounds of wieght under the seat effect you guys since it is top heavy (high center of gravity) weight? Or is being heavier actually beneficial.

3)Is it a good mod to drop weight, is that something the stunt bikes try to do or does it not even matter?

Thanks for any responses... In my mind it seems like it would be a good mod when I see the crazy crap the stunters are doing but maybe I'm off target...
1. Yes

2. We probably wont notice a 7-10 pound difference.

3. It is a good idea, but we add 20+ pounds of steel to our bikes for protection, so weight saving isnt really a priority to us.

That being said, there are people on here who will buy anything for their bike, as long as its slightly beneficial. Now the 2 questions Ive got to ask about your batteries:
1. Are they durable, and sealed? Our bikes end up on their sides a lot, so thats pretty important.

2. How long will they live for? Most of us are cheap and/or lazy, and wont replace a dieing battery until its too shot to prime the fuel pump.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
if the price is close to the price of an oem i would get one when i need to replace my battery , i would love to lose 5 or more pounds off my stunt bike
+1...
Old 09-11-2010, 11:52 AM

Hey guys thanks for the info... As for price it is close to the same as OEM IF you but a real OEM Yuasa at full price... but as you know you can get a chinese aftermarket battery that will fit for your bike for cheaper....The battery is more expensive because the technology...Its litium based, is so light, doesn't need maintenance, doesn't explode like Lithium Laptop type batteries, can be charged 2000 times and lasts about 5 -7 years. Below are some examples of the size...And if you felt it compared to your stock battery you would be stunned.. As far as punishment the battery has nothing to leak or break, and if its it secured properly won't be fazed by dropping or crashing.

This size below is a 4-cell and starts and starts 600s... it is sitting next to my Aprilia's battery which is for a Supermoto bike... if you have a 600 your battery is much bigger than that.... The next picture is the next size up...an 8-cell battery. wieghs 1.6 pounds and starts up to 1200cc it is sitting next to my Hypermotards battery... That was a full 8 pounds savings...

The thing you see coming out of the battery is a Quick Change terminal. We use that for road racing because you can just unplug real quickly and work on the bikes electrical system, or take out the battery to get to the shock. That come stock on all the batteries...

8 cell next to Hypermotard battery

Old 09-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

I want one. Light weight killers are the truth
Old 09-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeM
1. Yes

2. We probably wont notice a 7-10 pound difference.

3. It is a good idea, but we add 20+ pounds of steel to our bikes for protection, so weight saving isnt really a priority to us.

That being said, there are people on here who will buy anything for their bike, as long as its slightly beneficial. Now the 2 questions Ive got to ask about your batteries:
1. Are they durable, and sealed? Our bikes end up on their sides a lot, so thats pretty important.

2. How long will they live for? Most of us are cheap and/or lazy, and wont replace a dieing battery until its too shot to prime the fuel pump.
Mike you would bungee strap a car battery to a flat bar if you had too
Old 09-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by skillz
Mike you would bungee strap a car battery to a flat bar if you had too
true that
Old 09-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

I would like to test them out, i would be interested in carrying them if they could survive in some of my stunt riders bikes and thatll be the real test if they are worth it.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:47 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think the biggest problem you will probably have is stunters are very impatient , if our bikes dont run because of a dead battery we usually run to the store and get one the same day , how long would it take to ship one to lets say florida ?

i only ask about the shipping cause i dont know if you can send batteries air mail or or if they have to go ground ..
Old 09-11-2010, 03:47 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

ok if the battery has enough cold cranking amps to start the bike that is one thing. but how does the battery compare to regular amprage of a running motorcycle. Our bikes run at 4k to wide open in nuetral or 1st gear. does it discharge consistently, being on idle alot any heavy electrical surges could cause misfires and make the bikes run shitty etc. maybe i'm over thinking though.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:50 PM

hs1113 is a decent person

My battery is dead right now and so is my bike. I should have parts coming in early this week and then it's back up and going. I would be willing to take a shot on this if you could get one to me before let's say, Wednesday...

I have an 06 636, so if you could PM me a price on the 4 and 8 cell shipped to 78666, that's be great!

And also, my bike MAY or may not hit the ground quite a bit, so I could provide input on the durability if on a bike that takes a beating like a red headed step child.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:55 PM

[quote=MikeM;4371564]3. It is a good idea, but we add 20+ pounds of steel to our bikes for protection, so weight saving isnt really a priority to us.

[quote]

I feel like it may be a nice offset though. I mean a pancake is a pancake, but if I dropped my cage off a roof, it would cause damage. If I strapped 10 pounds to it, might cause more damage, even if it's just a little bit more.

Probably won't make a huge difference by itself but with other weight savings methods, may help out. That's just a comment on the weight savings though.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:23 PM

Okay let me try to answer the questions....

you can also go here to get info... http://www.antigravitybatteries.com/faq.html then cruise around from there to learn more...

Handling crashes---- better than a Lead/Acid battery because way less weight they are extremly light. Mount them tight, and all will be good... also no liquids are in battery to spill in case like the case on Lead/Acid. Since part of stunting is crashing put it in a layer of packing foam strap in in securly and you will not have to worry...

Amp Hours------ Not as many as Lead Acid...but if I"m not mistaken Stunt bikes aren't hooked up with extra LEDs lighting and active Alarm systems that stay on when the ignition is off, correct? The only reason you would need higher Amp rating is if you have an active alrarm, or you have bling lighting that you leave on when your key is OFF...or if you have electrical draw while the bike is OFF.. During the running of the bike your electrical system powers everything ... not the battery... The battery starts the bike and then is kept in a state of charge by the bike's alternator.

Cranking Amps. The power to crank over your battery... Very high on these. the 4-cell will start 600s the 8 cell will start 1000s I also have 12cell and 6 cells... but I would figure you want just the lightest weight... The 12 cell is still only 3 pounds but is meant for a straight up street bike where you need more amp hours.

Shipping--- I ship priority mail... I've had some reach New York in 2 days... others have taken 3 days...
Old 09-11-2010, 04:46 PM

How many are required for a group buy?
Old 09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

sent you a pm, i think we can work out something here. let me know what you think
Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 PM

sos9394 is a decent person

Im looking for a light battery like that too....interested if there's a group buy
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 PM

metalracing is a decent person

It sounds and looks a lot like r/c car batteries. And the technology should take a beating better. Lighter weight equals less mass hitting the ground. If anyone tries them i would like to hear the reviews.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:58 PM

spiller03 is an unknown quantity at this point

lithium batteries are awesome... until there dead. they will disporse full voltage like a capacitor until they are drained, and then show no sign of life. (no fuel pump prime). its a good deal though its so small and no acid to spill on your swing arm. i would say its worth it but you can go to an RC shop and buy the batterie and make your own... or any other place that sell lithium....
my question, is it lithium ion?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:51 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by spiller03
lithium batteries are awesome... until there dead. they will disporse full voltage like a capacitor until they are drained, and then show no sign of life. (no fuel pump prime). its a good deal though its so small and no acid to spill on your swing arm. i would say its worth it but you can go to an RC shop and buy the batterie and make your own... or any other place that sell lithium....
my question, is it lithium ion?
i could be wrong but i believe the batteries you would get at a hobby shop have a quicker rate of discharge thats just a guess though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions to Stunters...