binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
someone said i might have an air pocket in the radiator
Old 07-25-2003, 05:56 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
yeah, you got an air pocket most likely
Old 07-25-2003, 06:03 PM

b00tal is an unknown quantity at this point
stupid question, but i have been to about 4 shops around gainesville just to find a 10mm 1.25 rake bolt long enough to attach my new slider with, as the other bolt was bent (and came /w the previous set).
any stores that def have them or online or something or should i just tap it to a standard size and just get the bolts from lowes?
/Shaun
Old 07-25-2003, 11:54 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
it was an air bubble and i got it fixed.

about that bolt. depending hte slider, i know on the cages it uses a 70mm long bolt. my sliders used a 75 and an 80 mm bolt neither of which i could find.

here at my local store i can get 75mm and then it jumps to 100mm which is really long. You can't retap it because aluminum is hard to tap, you'll just mess it up. Check a hardware store, they usually can order a special size for you if you need it. If not then let me know what length you need and if 75mm will work then i'll buy one here for 2.10$ and mail it to you.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:28 AM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point
bolts

Originally posted by b00tal
stupid question, but i have been to about 4 shops around gainesville just to find a 10mm 1.25 rake bolt long enough to attach my new slider with, as the other bolt was bent (and came /w the previous set).
any stores that def have them or online or something or should i just tap it to a standard size and just get the bolts from lowes?
/Shaun
Maybe PM Tim Barnes. Tell him to send you a couple or more.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:21 AM
P.O.B. Rider and F.I. Owner

TIM @ P.O.B. is an unknown quantity at this point
cages

This has got to be the longest forum I have ever seen.lol OK, on the bolts you can order those replacement bolts through FI we import them so it's very hard to find them locally. I would like to remind you fellows that I am one of you and I crash all the time also and it helps with the design changes so we don't have these problems. You have to email me or call me to give me feedback to help with improvments, these cages have gone through several changes since the first ones and I am constantly looking to make them better and cheaper. I am not on this sight a bunch so please call me. Also, I will go out of my way to hook you up if something failed all you have to do is call. A prime example of why I need input is that I have been running the same cage for several months and have dropped it from 12 about 30 times and there all on film or whitnessed and the cage is still fine, sure a little bent butt working great. This is proof that everybody crashes different and I need to know what is happening.
Signed: I need the info
Tim Barnes
817-713-7948
Old 08-02-2003, 07:05 AM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person
just f00king bolt that bitch on!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	boltthatbitchon.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	28199  
Old 10-13-2003, 11:18 PM

brax is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear about the crash, BRO b carefull learning stunts in a public parking lot! what if your bike hit a kid or car! as for the broken frames, i have a dam broken case, had it welded couple times, dam thing wont quit leaking OIL! doh
Old 10-13-2003, 11:47 PM

Roadrash190 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey binder,
I was thinking about this for some time now. But i think we should find a way to put some sort of hard plastic or like a poly urethane spacer behind the cage frame sliders so that if you land hard the poly takes most of the hit not the metal frame slider to the metal frame. If you can picture what i'm saying. So there is no metal to metal contact. It would kind of act like a bushing and lessen the force on the frame. I have wrecked really hard like you did with normal frame sliders and it just messes up the plastic not the frame. Let me know what you think.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:01 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys think he wrecked that hard? that's average for me. my bike likes to flip in the air when i go down, just put a new swing arm on from the recent one
Old 10-14-2003, 08:02 AM

wangsta6 is a decent person
one thing ive learned from 12s is that a foot will do a pretty good job of saving the bike all it got was a scuff from my boot so when you say something has to give well my foot gave
Old 10-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Regular StuntLifer

JPFREESTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by David P.O.B.
if you were to do that, the lever and clip-ons would bend and break a lor easier, because they are going to hit the ground hard. Also, the reason that the sliders have a delron tip on them is so the delron (which gives and can be ground away) takes most of the impact.

the thing i think most people forget is that on NO CAGE does it say, "nothing is going to break" or "the cage is indestructable". It is there to provide protection for the motor in crashes. and from the sound of it, it did its job, but at the cost of cracking the frame.

and like jethro says, if you have a beat up bike anyway, why would you worry about one more weld? Ride it until it is dead. Again, this is only my opinion.
David,
Do they sell just the delron tips on the Freestyle Ingenuity site? Thanks! I didnt see them on there. Nice upgrade to the site FREESTYLE INGENUITY SITE