best road rash treatment????

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:12 PM

chadnine is a decent person
Re: best road rash treatment????

i always use vasoline on my rash, keeps it moist and heals pretty quick, ofcourse after to pain of peroxide
Old 09-18-2008, 07:41 PM

blackwater611 is a decent person

Bro I have wrecked a lot over my years of riding and everytime I go to hospital they give me silverdine....Its the best **** ever....You won't scar bad.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:50 PM

Knoxvillan is a decent person

here are the good pics. knew i had them somewhere!!!
just make sure you keep it very clean and moist to prevent scabbing, although it like a game to see if you can peel the entire scab off with out it bleeding.

the top pic hurt like hell, that **** is tender under there

Name:  l_5652dea2c3f9372410c5342e8ab21a3d.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  33.5 KB
Name:  l_92f4646c1ecda2cafa11be94e79fa530.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  33.4 KB
Old 09-18-2008, 07:59 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Knoxvillan
here are the good pics. knew i had them somewhere!!!
just make sure you keep it very clean and moist to prevent scabbing, although it like a game to see if you can peel the entire scab off with out it bleeding.

the top pic hurt like hell, that **** is tender under there
ouch man!

good job on showing me up!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blackwater611
Bro I have wrecked a lot over my years of riding and everytime I go to hospital they give me silverdine....Its the best **** ever....You won't scar bad.

+1 on that that **** works good on burns..:YEAH

Where a jacket or something dude dam!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM

Knoxvillan is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
ouch man!

good job on showing me up!

Sorry pimpin
cant even tell it anymore, **** healed up right. and btw....hydros help in the cleaning part
Old 09-18-2008, 08:12 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Knoxvillan
. and btw....hydros help in the cleaning part
ya, I didn't have any for the cleaning part, but I have some right now! :YEAH

that and a bottle of tater wiskey!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:30 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by chadnine
i always use vasoline on my rash, keeps it moist and heals pretty quick, ofcourse after to pain of peroxide
dont use peroxide on road rash it will actually burn through your epidermis. id clean it with bactine or just some anti-bacterial soap.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:31 PM

RjsDGAF is a decent person

antibacterial soap in the shower then use a saline solution to clean it on a daily basis
Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by RjsDGAF
antibacterial soap in the shower then use a saline solution to clean it on a daily basis
why do you log in under a different name like we dont know its you dickbag?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 PM

RjsDGAF is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
why do you log in under a different name like we dont know its you dickbag?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:52 PM

FREDERATOR is a decent person

Damn man! Your **** was WAY worse then mine! that **** looks painful as ****!

I got off real lucky.. I was going at LEAST 50mph when I low sided, but I know I usually hit this turn at 55-60mph

Soon as I hit the ground and started sliding, I thought to myself "I need to tuck and roll" and thats exactly what I did... Saved me from scraping off the entire right side of my body

My **** isn't even bad, it just hurt like ******* HELL cleaning it, and last night I didn't get much sleep.. Hopefully a bottle of vodka will take care of that tonight!

Heres my weak ****

sorry to hear you biffed it and i hope you heal up , bbut that **** you got on your arm and the other places arnt that bad. i have had much worse from the carpet in my durango when i was ******* my old lady
Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by FREDERATOR
sorry to hear you biffed it and i hope you heal up , bbut that **** you got on your arm and the other places arnt that bad. i have had much worse from the carpet in my durango when i was ******* my old lady
Old 09-18-2008, 11:24 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

thats not too bad at all towlie just go to doctor and get some antibiotic to keep from gettin infected. i kept mine covered for the first week or 2 but i had a bit more than you. it itched like hell after i uncovered it but then felt better.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Registered Squid

wayfastwhiteyFZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Just low sided at about 65mph, got a good chunk of rash up my right arm

Whats the best **** to get for it?? I already cleaned it with antiseptic soap, and gonna think about manning up and cleaning it with some alcohol....

What should I get? Is neosporin the ****?? Or somthing better?

Also, should I cover it and let it stay moist? Or let it be exposed to the air?
either neosporin or bacitracine (dont really kno how its spelled) and keep it covered and it will be gone in a week just change it like every day. if you can find it and feel like payin for it this **** called second skin by johnson and johnson is pretty much the only thing that wont stick to it. trust me ive had plenty and a few pretty bad one being on my entire back if you let it dry it will hurt way worse and take 3 times longer to heal
Old 09-18-2008, 11:46 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

3 waters.. 1 suction
Old 09-19-2008, 02:11 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

you *****.....that aint no wreck, and those look annoying, not painful! lol

I picked some **** up at walmarts pharmacy....was like celephane(sp?) with adhesive around the edges.....basically kept the area really moist and humid underneath....would start to stink after a couple days, I would remove it, clean it again, and recover it.....about 6 days after starting to use this stuff it was almost 100% healed! noshit!...BUT the stuff was like $40-50 by the time I was done too.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:16 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

all the antibiotic creams work good, I have never had any bad road rash from laying down a bike, had some rash from other stupid things I did when I was younger, and I've helped a few buddies with their road rash. Clean it daily with Peroxide, alcohol will make you scream like a 4 year old girl!!!! I'd suggest changing bandages 2-3 times a day, you want to keep it as moist as you can for as long as you can to minimize the scaring. If you leave the bandages on there too long they will dry out and the gauze will stick to it and if you try to peel it off it will hurt like hell! If that happens..... hop in the shower till it gets soft and slowly peel it off. hope u heal up dude!
Old 09-19-2008, 03:22 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Damn man! Your **** was WAY worse then mine! that **** looks painful as ****!

I got off real lucky.. I was going at LEAST 50mph when I low sided, but I know I usually hit this turn at 55-60mph

Soon as I hit the ground and started sliding, I thought to myself "I need to tuck and roll" and thats exactly what I did... Saved me from scraping off the entire right side of my body

My **** isn't even bad, it just hurt like ******* HELL cleaning it, and last night I didn't get much sleep.. Hopefully a bottle of vodka will take care of that tonight!

Heres my weak ****

hahahh walk it off *****! thats nothin
Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
all the antibiotic creams work good, I have never had any bad road rash from laying down a bike, had some rash from other stupid things I did when I was younger, and I've helped a few buddies with their road rash. Clean it daily with Peroxide, alcohol will make you scream like a 4 year old girl!!!! I'd suggest changing bandages 2-3 times a day, you want to keep it as moist as you can for as long as you can to minimize the scaring. If you leave the bandages on there too long they will dry out and the gauze will stick to it and if you try to peel it off it will hurt like hell! If that happens..... hop in the shower till it gets soft and slowly peel it off. hope u heal up dude!

DO NOT USE PEROXIDE ON ROAD RASH EVER!!! it will burn your inner epidermis (the skin under your skin) and it will hurt like hell and possibly blister.

Quick Reply: best road rash treatment????