Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   best road rash treatment???? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/232227-best-road-rash-treatment.html)

Towlieee 09-17-2008 07:01 PM

best road rash treatment????

Just low sided at about 65mph, got a good chunk of rash up my right arm

Whats the best shit to get for it?? I already cleaned it with antiseptic soap, and gonna think about manning up and cleaning it with some alcohol....

What should I get? Is neosporin the shit?? Or somthing better?

Also, should I cover it and let it stay moist? Or let it be exposed to the air?

CRAZY... 09-17-2008 07:06 PM

Re: best road rash treatment????

dude if its that bad, u should prolly go to the hospital and get that shit cleaned out by them... they will give u the best advice

Righteous 1 09-17-2008 07:08 PM

I'ld go Neosporin w/ pain reliever, and cover it.....keep it moist. It'll heal faster. Why'd ya biff?

Towlieee 09-17-2008 07:13 PM

[QUOTE=CRAZY...;3515301]dude if its that bad, u should prolly go to the hospital and get that shit cleaned out by them... they will give u the best advice[/QUOTE]

lol its not that bad, just some rash up my arm..

[QUOTE=Righteous 1;3515308]I'ld go Neosporin w/ pain reliever, and cover it.....keep it moist. It'll heal faster. Why'd ya biff?[/QUOTE]

this stupid shitty 190 tire I got out of the trash :LOL

I've had a shitty cage on my bike for years that drags the ground, and now I have no cage so I was hitting turns HARD, rear end slid out like slow motion :banghead

moto1399 09-17-2008 07:13 PM

Im a medic in the army, and I personally used HIBICLENS and some dry guaze and scrubbed the hell out of it. Then neosporin until it heals. Then after the scab heals over you can start using lotion to keep it from itching like crazy. Thats what we would tell you to do in the ER.

Righteous 1 09-17-2008 07:18 PM

[quote=Towlieee;3515313]lol its not that bad, just some rash up my arm..

this stupid shitty 190 tire I got out of the trash :LOL

I've had a shitty cage on my bike for years that drags the ground, and now I have no cage so I was hitting turns HARD, rear end slid out like slow motion :banghead[/quote]

I like the fact that you actually RIDE your stuntbike.:cheers Sorry to hear about the wreck........I guess it's just a matter of time before the used tire pile bites us in the ass...LOL. Heal up, bro.

Righteous 1 09-17-2008 07:20 PM

[quote=moto1399;3515315]Im a medic in the army, and I personally used HIBICLENS and some dry guaze and scrubbed the hell out of it. Then neosporin until it heals. Then after the scab heals over you can start using lotion to keep it from itching like crazy. Thats what we would tell you to do in the ER.[/quote]

+1 on cleaning w/ Hibiclens. It's good shit.

Knoxvillan 09-17-2008 07:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i used polysporin... my chick, a coreman and the supervising nurse at a nursing home said "Neosporin can cause it to dry out and you don't want it to scab for a couple of days" keep it coated in polysporin and non stick gauze pads. If it scabs early it will leave mad scaring and will crack, bleed, and hurt like a bitch everytime you bend your arm. depending where it is. :2cents u can barely even see any scaring on my arms or side. Hibiclens is the shit as well.

[ATTACH]287868[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]287869[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]287870[/ATTACH]

Juca 09-17-2008 07:37 PM

let it be exposed to the air. heal up!

cjones_636 09-17-2008 07:44 PM

Heres my opinion on this- im a paramedic- but not a doctor... If it looks serious, or if you notice any signs of infection- feels hot, excessive redness, swelling, fever, go see a doctor- quick.

First you need to look at your rash and asses it- was it exposed to the road? or through ur leathers?--- any embedded gravel or debris? Hydrogen peroxide, not alcohol is the best way to clean it. You can get it from any pharmacy.

If you only damged the outer layer of skin- your OK to leave it exposed. Now if you have deeper damage, its going to need dressings- to prevent infection and aid in healing. These would need to be sterile and changed at least daily- if its that bad you need to see a doctor.

Topical creams like neosporin can help it heal- but if you have a large area damaged this isnt going to do much.

If in doubt at all- See a doctor.

Towlieee 09-18-2008 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=Knoxvillan;3515353]i used polysporin... my chick, a coreman and the supervising nurse at a nursing home said "Neosporin can cause it to dry out and you don't want it to scab for a couple of days" keep it coated in polysporin and non stick gauze pads. If it scabs early it will leave mad scaring and will crack, bleed, and hurt like a bitch everytime you bend your arm. depending where it is. :2cents u can barely even see any scaring on my arms or side. Hibiclens is the shit as well.

[/QUOTE]
Damn man! Your shit was WAY worse then mine! that shit looks painful as FUCK!

I got off real lucky.. I was going at LEAST 50mph when I low sided, but I know I usually hit this turn at 55-60mph

Soon as I hit the ground and started sliding, I thought to myself "I need to tuck and roll" and thats exactly what I did... Saved me from scraping off the entire right side of my body

My shit isn't even bad, it just hurt like FUCKING HELL cleaning it, and last night I didn't get much sleep.. Hopefully a bottle of vodka will take care of that tonight! :LOL

Heres my weak shit :LOL
[IMG]http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4889/img0307pl0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/6434/img0308ii9.jpg[/IMG]

Judd 09-18-2008 06:11 PM

Tegaderm. look it up, the best, i mean the best shit to use on road rash. and fuck cleaning it with hydrogen pyroxide. its way to abrasive and fuckin kills on large areas as well as causes scars. saline solution, is what ive had used on me, if you have shit embedded then you might have to scrub a little but it doesnt sting. but tegaderm is like a second skin, it goes on, you keep it on till it is pretty much healed. and it doesnt scab over or hurt when you take a shower.

joe98 09-18-2008 06:13 PM

there is shit called sylvadine its the shit my boy just wrecked and lost 20% of his body's skin and thats what they gave him and you cant even see where the rash was 2 months later

Kaneone 09-18-2008 06:27 PM

silverdine! yup yup

jstuntlocke 09-18-2008 06:27 PM

heal up squid! :LOL

I thought you were going to loop a coaster or something first.... but I totally didn't expect you to tell me that you steped out in a corner tho.:shruggs

glad you weren't hurt too bad bro!:cheers

Hell who knows... if I can't get my weak ass trailer axle figured out soon, I may have to be riding to the spot from now on too.... at least you can push your bike to your spot it's so close!!! :banghead

anarchist35 09-18-2008 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=Kaneone;3516095]silverdine! yup yup[/QUOTE]

silver sulfadine.....my mom ganked some from one of the nursing homes she worked at....it is AMAZING keeps it most and promoted healing faster than neosporin or any other over the counter....but i think it prescription only...i dunno :shruggs bottom line, GET SOME! :YEAH

T-Dubby 09-18-2008 06:39 PM

Towliee.. Tis a meer flesh wound lol

RocSteady 09-18-2008 06:47 PM

I hit a bridge on a hot summer day going 70+

All I had was a t-shirt

Saw a few docs and they all said my rash was really bad and it would scar for sure...always be pale and lighter compared to the rest of my skin

Did some research and went with TAGADERM

Just wash it with warm water and antibacterial soap when you take a shower and keep the tagaderm on it for at least a week...I recommend two weeks

DO NOT LET IT DRY AND SCAB:banghead

I am recommending this because I had really bad road rash and used this for two weeks, now you can barely tell! A++

When you get road rash, you lose a ton of skin cells due to the abrasion. If you let it dry then you kiss that skin goodbye, it'll leave a nasty scar. Keeping it moist allows the skin to rebuild, just be cautious, the one downside is a moist environment is a breeding ground for bacteria so wash it at least twice a day NO LESS. Use something like Dial antibacterial soap, regular soap isn't as strong and it dries it out more...

Hope that helps!!! Rash can be a BITCH... :cheers

jstuntlocke 09-18-2008 07:08 PM

[quote=T-Dubby;3516116]Towliee.. Tis a meer flesh wound lol[/quote]

haaaaaaaaaaaar to bee shore!

we are pretending to be pirates now right??:shruggs

:LOL

Towlieee 09-18-2008 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=T-Dubby;3516116]Towliee.. Tis a meer flesh wound lol[/QUOTE]

haha I know

I just want it to heal the quickest best way, so I don't have to have sleepless nights!

Last night sucked, tossing and turning all night, kept rolling over onto the rash :banghead

sadly cleaning this shit hurt WAY worse then fracturing my knee in 3 places and tearing my PCL :banghead