best road rash treatment????

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
best road rash treatment????

Just low sided at about 65mph, got a good chunk of rash up my right arm

Whats the best **** to get for it?? I already cleaned it with antiseptic soap, and gonna think about manning up and cleaning it with some alcohol....

What should I get? Is neosporin the ****?? Or somthing better?

Also, should I cover it and let it stay moist? Or let it be exposed to the air?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:06 PM

CRAZY... is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: best road rash treatment????

dude if its that bad, u should prolly go to the hospital and get that **** cleaned out by them... they will give u the best advice
Old 09-17-2008, 07:08 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I'ld go Neosporin w/ pain reliever, and cover it.....keep it moist. It'll heal faster. Why'd ya biff?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:13 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CRAZY...
dude if its that bad, u should prolly go to the hospital and get that **** cleaned out by them... they will give u the best advice
lol its not that bad, just some rash up my arm..

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
I'ld go Neosporin w/ pain reliever, and cover it.....keep it moist. It'll heal faster. Why'd ya biff?
this stupid shitty 190 tire I got out of the trash

I've had a shitty cage on my bike for years that drags the ground, and now I have no cage so I was hitting turns HARD, rear end slid out like slow motion
Old 09-17-2008, 07:13 PM
RED BULL BABY!!!

moto1399 is a decent person

Im a medic in the army, and I personally used HIBICLENS and some dry guaze and scrubbed the hell out of it. Then neosporin until it heals. Then after the scab heals over you can start using lotion to keep it from itching like crazy. Thats what we would tell you to do in the ER.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:18 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Towlieee
lol its not that bad, just some rash up my arm..

this stupid shitty 190 tire I got out of the trash

I've had a shitty cage on my bike for years that drags the ground, and now I have no cage so I was hitting turns HARD, rear end slid out like slow motion
I like the fact that you actually RIDE your stuntbike. Sorry to hear about the wreck........I guess it's just a matter of time before the used tire pile bites us in the ***...LOL. Heal up, bro.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by moto1399
Im a medic in the army, and I personally used HIBICLENS and some dry guaze and scrubbed the hell out of it. Then neosporin until it heals. Then after the scab heals over you can start using lotion to keep it from itching like crazy. Thats what we would tell you to do in the ER.
+1 on cleaning w/ Hibiclens. It's good ****.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:35 PM

Knoxvillan is a decent person

i used polysporin... my chick, a coreman and the supervising nurse at a nursing home said "Neosporin can cause it to dry out and you don't want it to scab for a couple of days" keep it coated in polysporin and non stick gauze pads. If it scabs early it will leave mad scaring and will crack, bleed, and hurt like a bitch everytime you bend your arm. depending where it is. u can barely even see any scaring on my arms or side. Hibiclens is the **** as well.

Name:  roadrash3.jpg
Views: 2011
Size:  7.8 KB
Name:  roadrash2.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  6.7 KB
Name:  roadrash1.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  8.3 KB
Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

let it be exposed to the air. heal up!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 PM

cjones_636 is a decent person

Heres my opinion on this- im a paramedic- but not a doctor... If it looks serious, or if you notice any signs of infection- feels hot, excessive redness, swelling, fever, go see a doctor- quick.

First you need to look at your rash and asses it- was it exposed to the road? or through ur leathers?--- any embedded gravel or debris? Hydrogen peroxide, not alcohol is the best way to clean it. You can get it from any pharmacy.

If you only damged the outer layer of skin- your OK to leave it exposed. Now if you have deeper damage, its going to need dressings- to prevent infection and aid in healing. These would need to be sterile and changed at least daily- if its that bad you need to see a doctor.

Topical creams like neosporin can help it heal- but if you have a large area damaged this isnt going to do much.

If in doubt at all- See a doctor.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Knoxvillan
i used polysporin... my chick, a coreman and the supervising nurse at a nursing home said "Neosporin can cause it to dry out and you don't want it to scab for a couple of days" keep it coated in polysporin and non stick gauze pads. If it scabs early it will leave mad scaring and will crack, bleed, and hurt like a bitch everytime you bend your arm. depending where it is. u can barely even see any scaring on my arms or side. Hibiclens is the **** as well.

Damn man! Your **** was WAY worse then mine! that **** looks painful as ****!

I got off real lucky.. I was going at LEAST 50mph when I low sided, but I know I usually hit this turn at 55-60mph

Soon as I hit the ground and started sliding, I thought to myself "I need to tuck and roll" and thats exactly what I did... Saved me from scraping off the entire right side of my body

My **** isn't even bad, it just hurt like ******* HELL cleaning it, and last night I didn't get much sleep.. Hopefully a bottle of vodka will take care of that tonight!

Heres my weak ****

Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

Tegaderm. look it up, the best, i mean the best **** to use on road rash. and **** cleaning it with hydrogen pyroxide. its way to abrasive and ****** kills on large areas as well as causes scars. saline solution, is what ive had used on me, if you have **** embedded then you might have to scrub a little but it doesnt sting. but tegaderm is like a second skin, it goes on, you keep it on till it is pretty much healed. and it doesnt scab over or hurt when you take a shower.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:13 PM

joe98 is a decent person

there is **** called sylvadine its the **** my boy just wrecked and lost 20% of his body's skin and thats what they gave him and you cant even see where the rash was 2 months later
Old 09-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

silverdine! yup yup
Old 09-18-2008, 06:27 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

heal up squid!

I thought you were going to loop a coaster or something first.... but I totally didn't expect you to tell me that you steped out in a corner tho.

glad you weren't hurt too bad bro!

Hell who knows... if I can't get my weak *** trailer axle figured out soon, I may have to be riding to the spot from now on too.... at least you can push your bike to your spot it's so close!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 PM
**** YOU

anarchist35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
silverdine! yup yup
silver sulfadine.....my mom ganked some from one of the nursing homes she worked at....it is AMAZING keeps it most and promoted healing faster than neosporin or any other over the counter....but i think it prescription only...i dunno bottom line, GET SOME! :YEAH
Old 09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Towliee.. Tis a meer flesh wound lol
Old 09-18-2008, 06:47 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve

I hit a bridge on a hot summer day going 70+

All I had was a t-shirt

Saw a few docs and they all said my rash was really bad and it would scar for sure...always be pale and lighter compared to the rest of my skin

Did some research and went with TAGADERM

Just wash it with warm water and antibacterial soap when you take a shower and keep the tagaderm on it for at least a week...I recommend two weeks

DO NOT LET IT DRY AND SCAB

I am recommending this because I had really bad road rash and used this for two weeks, now you can barely tell! A++

When you get road rash, you lose a ton of skin cells due to the abrasion. If you let it dry then you kiss that skin goodbye, it'll leave a nasty scar. Keeping it moist allows the skin to rebuild, just be cautious, the one downside is a moist environment is a breeding ground for bacteria so wash it at least twice a day NO LESS. Use something like Dial antibacterial soap, regular soap isn't as strong and it dries it out more...

Hope that helps!!! Rash can be a BITCH...
Old 09-18-2008, 07:08 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by T-Dubby

haaaaaaaaaaaar to bee shore!

we are pretending to be pirates now right??

Old 09-18-2008, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
haha I know

I just want it to heal the quickest best way, so I don't have to have sleepless nights!

Last night sucked, tossing and turning all night, kept rolling over onto the rash

sadly cleaning this **** hurt WAY worse then fracturing my knee in 3 places and tearing my PCL

Quick Reply: best road rash treatment????