best road rash treatment????

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 03:40 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough
Re: best road rash treatment????

Originally Posted by YSRRider
Clean it daily with Peroxide, alcohol will make you scream like a 4 year old girl!!!
yeah...... if your a 4 year old girl
Old 09-19-2008, 08:53 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

yea, that was more bad advice brought to you by YSR rider.

I know Towilee and he's probably more pissed off about his plastics being wadded than his roadrash anymore. the first couple days after are the worst IMO. It'll get better just soak it in cider. LOL
Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????? I've never heard of peroxide being bad for road rash!!!!!!!!! OK......... I'll step out of this since I personally have never had full body road rash. Had some small patches and the peroxide worked fine for cleaning. My buddys used it and it cleaned well for them, they didnt get any blisters.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:41 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

peroxide should only blister skin if you have a flap of skin or something that allows peroxide to get under the skin. Peroxide only cleans because of its reaction with oxygen in your tissue/blood....when it reacts it can lift any foreign objects to the surface to be wiped away. Otherwise it doesn't really sterilize anything like alcohol.

Other than the first couple cleanings, and even then, peroxide isnt going to do a lot to you or for you.

For road rash, I wouldnt tell you to go for peroxide, but I wouldnt tell you that you shouldnt use it either. It's not going to have huge consequences or huge benefits.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
peroxide should only blister skin if you have a flap of skin or something that allows peroxide to get under the skin. Peroxide only cleans because of its reaction with oxygen in your tissue/blood....when it reacts it can lift any foreign objects to the surface to be wiped away. Otherwise it doesn't really sterilize anything like alcohol.

Other than the first couple cleanings, and even then, peroxide isnt going to do a lot to you or for you.

For road rash, I wouldnt tell you to go for peroxide, but I wouldnt tell you that you shouldnt use it either. It's not going to have huge consequences or huge benefits.

Thats what I always liked about peroxide, you pour it on and you can see the dirt come to the surface. It beats scrubbing an open wound!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
Thats what I always liked about peroxide, you pour it on and you can see the dirt come to the surface. It beats scrubbing an open wound!
depending on what surface you crashed on.....peroxide is usually useless. Dirt and stuff like concrete dust are normally removed with peroxide fine...BUT if the crash was on asphalt and you have any asphalt in the wound peroxide wont cut it....you gotta get in there and dig, I suggests biting on a towel while you're doing it.

I've had alot nastier rash than what Towlie has from flipping an endo on etched concrete then encircled my left shoulder and alot of my left arm......I only used peroxide the time after leaving the hospital, took a cold shower and scrubbed it good after leaving it really clean, then used those celephane bandages like I decribed earlier......so far out of the times I've had rash, those have made the biggest difference over neosporin or anything else!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:59 AM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold

i hate peroxide cause it stings the living **** outta you... i locked myself in the bathroom after crashing this summer and spilled a whole bottle on my body, i thought i was gonna break the damn walls.... i used Neosporin antibacterial cream, that did the job for me, no more preoxide ...
Old 09-19-2008, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sicc0
i hate peroxide cause it stings the living **** outta you... i locked myself in the bathroom after crashing this summer and spilled a whole bottle on my body, i thought i was gonna break the damn walls.... i used Neosporin antibacterial cream, that did the job for me, no more preoxide ...

LOL!!! you think Peroxide burns.............. one of the clowns mentioned rubbing alcohol! Peroxide never really burned me.....the tingling from the bubbles was always what put me in discomfort.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:32 AM

peroxide shouldnt BURN.....but its gonna be a lil "uncomfortable" (how we learn to gently tell patients "this is gonna ****** hurt a lil" haha).......compared to rubbing alcohol peroxide is like someone rubbing a kittens fur over the rash....alcohol would be like scraping road rash with a fork.

On the other hand, alcohol will disinfect the area to a point......where peroxide only lifts physical dibree from the wound and in no way affects the bacteria present there.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:39 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

hey doc.... what should I do about this reocurring pain I have in my neck that I'm gettin ready to have another anniversary with in October??

holy email batman... answer your phone in a second slacker....
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

you nigros, I never claimed it was bad!

I just wanted the best treatment, so i can sleep at night!

I can ONLY sleep on my back right now, sucks

I just said **** it, and manned up and cleaned it with alcohol, put some neosporin on it, and I'm just letting it slowly dry out
(the neosporin is keeping it moist)

Originally Posted by stock05
DO NOT USE PEROXIDE ON ROAD RASH EVER!!! it will burn your inner epidermis (the skin under your skin) and it will hurt like hell and possibly blister.

ya thats what I'v heard, I still use peroxide on cuts and ****, but only RIGHT when it happens, not the next day or anything

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I know Towilee and he's probably more pissed off about his plastics being wadded than his roadrash anymore. the first couple days after are the worst IMO. It'll get better just soak it in cider. LOL
damn straight!

I JUST got my bike back to full fairing like 2-3 weeks ago, and now my right side plastic was ground down and ripped off, and my front fairing was ripped in half

Oh well, this winter I'll just have to fiberglass it all back, and repaint the whole bike :YEAH :YEAH
Old 09-19-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
hey doc.... what should I do about this reocurring pain I have in my neck that I'm gettin ready to have another anniversary with in October??

holy email batman... answer your phone in a second slacker....
For YOU.....a tampon and some Vagisil!

Towliee....buck up you fairy, and you know that bike needed some better paint dropped on it like mine anyways!

Now go lay on ur road rash and deal with the pain like a man!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kaneone
silverdine! yup yup

yes sir ***** awesome its amazing on burns
Old 09-19-2008, 02:33 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

ITS JUST A LITTLE BAAAABY BASH

lol, first one to guess that movie wins 2 oxygen molecules
Old 09-19-2008, 04:48 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
peroxide shouldnt BURN.....but its gonna be a lil "uncomfortable" (how we learn to gently tell patients "this is gonna ****** hurt a lil" haha).......compared to rubbing alcohol peroxide is like someone rubbing a kittens fur over the rash....alcohol would be like scraping road rash with a fork.

On the other hand, alcohol will disinfect the area to a point......where peroxide only lifts physical dibree from the wound and in no way affects the bacteria present there.
you say shouldnt, but it can and will. when i looped out my 450, i peeled my palms forward, right after i did it i scrubed out all the asphalt, and i poured peroxide on it, it burned like a ************ and blistered. one of my homegirls is a nurse and she told me not to put peroxide on it (use bactine) and that it does burn.
Originally Posted by Towlieee

I just said **** it, and manned up and cleaned it with alcohol, put some neosporin on it, and I'm just letting it slowly dry out
(the neosporin is keeping it moist)

ya thats what I'v heard, I still use peroxide on cuts and ****, but only RIGHT when it happens, not the next day or anything

i most always use alcohol, i like the burn for some reason, my GF thinks im sick for it.

its the truth, peroxide will burn.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 PM

I'm probably gonna get bashed for this but you may want to try your antibiotic cream of choice and wrapping it with saran wrap when you sleep (like they do with tattoos), it might be a bit more "free" as opposed to gauze and tape which can peel off as you sleep. When I was about 10 years old, I picked up a power tool that some careless person had set on top of a soldering iron that was plugged in, not only did I get burned by the iron, I had melted plastic on 2 of my fingers. I ended up sleeping with party balloons on my fingers filled with cool water. With out them soaking in water I was in agonizing pain.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:39 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

ive had a **** tone of rash back in the bmx days peroxide and a good scrub then nieosporin for the remainder of the injury. Thats what mom told me and it has worked all my life.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:27 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve

You know why peroxide burns so bad?????

You guys ready for this????

BECAUSE ITS HORRIBLE FOR YOUR SKIN AND KILLING SKIN CELLS

Would a blowtorch clean that dirty sport on your truck? Yup...and it would also ruin your paintjob

Trust me, I have had severe road rash on both legs, both knees, both hands, running up both arms and on my back. Now you can BARELY tell

If anyone ever wants to their rash to heal up nice use 1) Dial antibacterial soap in the shower 2) Saline Solution (salt water) right before and after you wrap it up 3) Tagaderm - It's a bandage that stays moist and promotes healthy skin reproduction

Peroxide is one of the worst things you could use...

Now can anyone help me with my right hand? I shattered a knuckle over a year ago in the same accident and to this day it's still hard for me to shoot a basketball or throw a football...I get an extremely sharp pain running up the backside of my palm. I had therapy for it and everything...
Old 09-20-2008, 01:00 PM

JHooD231 is an unknown quantity at this point

udder balm....get it at any farm and fleet...

**** works. just gotta clean it out real good and wrap it if you can.

bactine is a good one too, as stated above.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JHooD231
udder balm....get it at any farm and fleet...

**** works. just gotta clean it out real good and wrap it if you can.

bactine is a good one too, as stated above.

udder balm? what the hell is that gonna do? it has not antibacterial qualities or antibiotic in it! I have some, works great in the winter when your hands are dried out.

Quick Reply: best road rash treatment????