OMR vs SI subcage

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:33 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: OMR vs SI subcage

Orderd a 3rd SI subcage 5 weeks ago, after 4 weeks of waiting I Emailed them asking where the subcage was....And they answered back saying I never sent payment for it, I then sent them the Paypal link to the payment and they appolagized and said they didnt get an Email from Paypal. And said it was going out right away, but its been 8 days since then and still no subcage.

**** man I like their design but I cant be waiting 3-5 weeks for parts...I know its not %100 their fault, but they need to keep track of thier Paypal and whos paid for stuff...Paypal does **** up sometimes with the Payment notifacations, but you need to be on top of that...Someone bought a stay from me and this happend, I found out like 2 days later and upgraded his shipping to Express to make up for Paypals mistake...If I didnt Email them, Id still be waiting for a subcage that isnt comming...

Also they really need to improve the quality and fit of their peg mounts for the folding pegs. I had the same problems mounting the pegs, lots of grinding required as it seems they give you the same peg mount for all the bikes even thou all pegs are differnt...Honda ones were even worse then Kawi, I had to add washers to take up a 5mm gap between the peg mounts...

That being said I would still buy more of them, just like to see some slight improvements in the future...

Last edited by JohnnyP; 07-15-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Dean646
Also does anyone know if it would be hard to change a race one into a stunt one and still have my seat and everything?
Dont buy a race one. Theyre more brittle(sp) than stock. Either beef yours up with some diamond plate or something or buy a stunt one from drgnazz or someone who makes em.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Full Fairing!

Jonne_J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
That being said I would still buy more of them, just like to see some slight improvements in the future...
why not just buy a OMR subcage that has no issues

BTW do you make any stays for the 03-05 R6?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:46 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jonne_J
why not just buy a OMR subcage that has no issues

BTW do you make any stays for the 03-05 R6?
I and the people I buy them for like the plate design SI uses over OMR's tubular design....Also some people prefer non folding pegs and want powdercoat not regular paint...2 of the SI subcages I orderd where in gloss white...Im sure its a great product just not eveyones 1st choice....

Sorry I dont make any R6 stays...
Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Full Fairing!

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I and the people I buy them for like the plate design SI uses over OMR's tubular design....Also some people prefer non folding pegs and want powdercoat not regular paint...2 of the SI subcages I orderd where in gloss white...Im sure its a great product just not eveyones 1st choice....

Sorry I dont make any R6 stays...
That´s true, not all people can have the same opinion, and the SI subcage looks pretty good, specially the crossbar!

Ok then I have to fab up my own
Old 07-15-2008, 05:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MikeM
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem with my right ESD footpeg. Just grinded down the cage a bit.

OMR subcage and ESD pegs is the best set-up.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 PM

c_jake9 is a decent person

More concern than the solid pegs braking my subframe is crashing and having it stab through my back or landing on top of it. I wouldn't want to even ride a bike with solids.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:32 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SliverR6
I had the same problem with my right ESD footpeg. Just grinded down the cage a bit.

OMR subcage and ESD pegs is the best set-up.
i think it was you that let me know about the tight peg bracket and i made a change to the jig so there shouldn't be any more
Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by c_jake9
More concern than the solid pegs braking my subframe is crashing and having it stab through my back or landing on top of it. I wouldn't want to even ride a bike with solids.
i aggree , i always fold my pegs up when im pushing it on long stoppies incase i flip
Old 07-16-2008, 05:39 AM
Full Fairing!

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think it was you that let me know about the tight peg bracket and i made a change to the jig so there shouldn't be any more
I have protek aftermarket pegs, had to much room for them lol, but that´s fixed with some washers
Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 AM
also known as OMR

I have some noname aftermarket pegs, had to much room for them lol, but that´s fixed with some washers
that works...lol

if it was close i would just say put it in a vice and squeeze the tabs together on the peg but washers are probably better then bending the tabs any way
Old 07-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Full Fairing!

that works...lol

if it was close i would just say put it in a vice and squeeze the tabs together on the peg but washers are probably better then bending the tabs any way
I´m to lazy to take it off the bike

And if I get other pegs maybe they wont fit if I do that
Old 07-16-2008, 06:02 AM
also known as OMR

I´m to lazy to take it off the bike

And if I get other pegs maybe they wont fit if I do that
good thinking..
Old 07-16-2008, 06:05 AM
also known as OMR

jonne do your pegs still lock in position ? if not i would get rid of them , the stock pegs work awsome when mounted on my subcage cause of the better position
Old 07-16-2008, 06:22 AM

07Rsixxer is a decent person

i was too lazy to figure out the whole peg lock ****, so i just put a bolt with a nut through there instead of a pin, and tightened it until they still move but there is enough pressure to hold them up if needed. its worked great so far!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:25 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by 07Rsixxer
i was too lazy to figure out the whole peg lock ****, so i just put a bolt with a nut through there instead of a pin, and tightened it until they still move but there is enough pressure to hold them up if needed. its worked great so far!
ok ...i guess as long as they stay up or down when you put them there then your good
Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Full Fairing!

jonne do your pegs still lock in position ? if not i would get rid of them , the stock pegs work awsome when mounted on my subcage cause of the better position
They are a copy of the stock ones, but one of them
folds up sometimes, I´m going to tight it up a bit

Originally Posted by 07Rsixxer
Use a pin?
I used a bolt and a nut

Is there a better way to do it?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:38 AM
also known as OMR

They are a copy of the stock ones, but one of them
folds up sometimes, I´m going to tight it up a bit
sounds like a bad copy..
Old 07-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Full Fairing!

sounds like a bad copy..
One is a bit loose, the other one I had to grind down to fit