OMR vs SI subcage

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
OMR vs SI subcage

im a regular unsponsored pretty average stunt rider and just wanted to give a comparison of the 2 subcages. i have always ran SI cages and am more than pleased with everything about them so i have been holding out for around 5 months or so for SI to finish up making the subcage for the 05/06 636. i had considered OMR's on a few occasions but wanted to kinda match up the sick sub with my cage cuz im super glammer like that. well i put together a stunt bike for my friend and he bought me an OMR subcage as a thanks. how do i have experience with the SI subcage then? cuz my best friend bought one for his f4i and i put it on for him and have ridden his bike quite a bit. so here goes.

SI. shipping time IN to NY 3 weeks(delayed cuz they were waiting on getting the peg mounts).looks amazing, a bit pricey, very solid, option for solid or foldable pegs but in this case we used the foldable option with ESD pegs. installation was sort of a bitch, it took both of us to get it to go on and his tabs were perfectly straight. installing the foldable peg adapters was not very easy either as the hole u need to stick a socket in is sorta close to the tire, so some creativity was involved there. biggest issue was installing the actual pegs, in order to get the pegs to fit in i had to grind off alot of the peg and it was comming very close to not even being able to fit because the bolt that holds the adapter on sticks out a bit into the area where the peg fits into. all in all it took me around an hour and 15 mins to install and the pegs still angle up a bit more than we wanted them too and they dont lock into place as tightly as stock ones do.

OMR. shipping time FL to NY, ordered on thurs here on monday. great price! i was suprised at how good it actually looks, i usually see his on some raggedy *** bikes so i wasnt able to see how they look when theyre new. OMR's spray paint job looks almost as good as the SI powdercoat but doesnt hold up as well, but however is repaintable with ease:YEAH. fitment was perfect, went on in about 3 minutes and i think 2 of them i was just looking at how it looked on my bike. i also installed ESD pegs to this that i had already had on my stockers. the left side went on exactly how the stock ones went on real ****** easy. right side i had a tiny bit of trouble cuz the inside of the peg mount was slightly tighter then the outer part so i did have to hit the peg with the dremel to shave off like 1mm on one side of the peg, but nothing compared to about 5 mm off both of the ones for the SI.

all in all both great products by 2 awesome ppl do deal with. OMR super good function and ease of installation with good looks. SI super good function with slight delays in shipping and challenging installation with amazing looks.

Last edited by sdfkillz; 07-14-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:41 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough
Re: OMR vs SI subcage

Sounds like a pretty fair write up.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:44 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Was the F4i a banana or dual seat?

Im probably going with OMR because I like the tubular construction and built in foldable peg mounts

I do love SI cages though
Old 07-14-2008, 02:46 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
Was the F4i a banana or dual seat?

Im probably going with OMR because I like the tubular construction and built in foldable peg mounts

I do love SI cages though
its a dual seat
Old 07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my SI subcage, but I'm sure I would have loved OMR's just as much... I just like the style of the SI Sub.

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

post up some pics!

My OMR installed on my 07 zx with ease.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

+1 on good write up. when its time for me to get one ill probly go OMR and an SI cage..even though them ******* dont send harware lol
Old 07-14-2008, 03:09 PM

Heres a couple pics of an OMR on my 07zx. The wheel is off because I'm getting it ready for my 60 tooth and ho hey set up. HAHA!

Name:  OMR003.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  72.6 KB

The bike is dirty, I know. Its been raining a lot and I never wash it anyways.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:11 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

My SI cages have both come with all hardware needed.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
My SI cages have both come with all hardware needed.
hmmm..well a few of my friends got ripped lol. does it cost more for it?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:15 PM

Dean646 is a decent person

I have an OMR subcage and it went on in a couple mins by my self I love it! I also have a SI cage and love that as well i went down Twice yesturday and it held up great! Even with both products though I cracked THE END/TAIL of my subframe so I now need and after market 1. where Do I look?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Lethal Rider can only hope to improve

+1 on the nice write up

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
+1 on good write up. when its time for me to get one ill probly go OMR and an SI cage..even though them ******* dont send harware lol

OMR doesnt make subcages for R1's yet ... I wanted to get one for my 03 because the stock positon of the rear pegs are high.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

1 more prob with the si sub cage is...if yer a big dude the tire hits the damn thing and with a 60+ sprocket it hits the chain... .....and on the omr i dont see any probs with that....
Stuntride.com

Originally Posted by Lethal Rider
+1 on the nice write up

OMR doesnt make subcages for R1's yet ... I wanted to get one for my 03 because the stock positon of the rear pegs are high.

ohh mannn someone else noticed! i ****** hate my pegs. me back legs are always bent on standups

either way i got a 905 cage but it ends there . im gettin rid of the expensive POS hahah

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

I have OMR sub with SI cage and they match fine. OMR sub is real easy to install, the right peg was tight, but still went on with no shaving.

OMR is a great product, fast shipping, quick replies to pm's and fair price. Can't really ask for much more.

I'll be going with OMR again when I get the 04' 636.
Heck I even tryed to get him to make me a cage, damper bracket, and chain gaurd.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:23 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Lethal Rider can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
ohh mannn someone else noticed! i ****** hate my pegs. me back legs are always bent on standups

either way i got a 905 cage but it ends there . im gettin rid of the expensive POS hahah

I finnally got SS last week I can ride a 50 forever...can do the average non squid sitdowns ( 2nd gear ) and standup ( non SS ) for a distance...nothing for miles and miles but not squidish either. Am 6'4 so I felt like I was sticking my knee in my chin tring the SS...I finnally said **** it last week and did it need to practice a bit on my form thou
Old 07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Stuntride.com

when you get the bike in the air its better. im 6'1" or so but just lock your knees and its more comfy

or sell the r1 and get a stunt bike , thats my goal
Old 07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the right peg bracket being tight should no longer be a problem ,i have adjusted the jig for the 636
Old 07-14-2008, 03:27 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
the right peg bracket being tight should no longer be a problem ,i have adjusted the jig for the 636
What if people like it tight?

Quick Reply: OMR vs SI subcage