Wow.... F.I. really IS garbage...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
Re: Wow.... F.I. really IS garbage...

ihave had lots of falls with my FI cage on my 00gxr 750 no problems ever. just had a bad wreck sun on my 600rr and the slider got a little tweaked swaping a slider out is a whole lot easier than banging , bending , cutting and welding one of those other cages . or i could keep riding it that way and when i mess something else up i could bitch to how FI cages suck.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Looks like all you guys should have gotten race rails!!

hahahahahha SICK burn!!!lol
Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe it's not the cage that's junk, maybe it's the bike.

if the threads stripped on such a light fall, somethingwas wrong. that means if you had frame sliders on there nad it just fell over it would have ripped out the threads, which shouldn't happen. niner, if you're an engineer like you say you are, you should know about physics. you would know that that ammount of force applied to that slider shouldn't have ripped it out, and definately not on BOTH sides from a slight drop on just 1 side. come on man, don't talk to us like you are stupid, because we know you aren't. there is no cage out there that would just rip apart like that if something wasn't wrong with those threads if it was such a "light" drop like you say.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by binder929rr

if the threads stripped on such a light fall, somethingwas wrong. that means if you had frame sliders on there nad it just fell over it would have ripped out the threads, which shouldn't happen. niner, if you're an engineer like you say you are, you should know about physics. you would know that that ammount of force applied to that slider shouldn't have ripped it out, and definately not on BOTH sides from a slight drop on just 1 side. come on man, don't talk to us like you are stupid, because we know you aren't. there is no cage out there that would just rip apart like that if something wasn't wrong with those threads if it was such a "light" drop like you say.
Really. Then why have a large nuymber of people posted that the FI strips threads, especially on the f4i? Since helicoiling threads none of the 3 f4i's i see regularly have had that issue since switching to a SI cage, I highly doubt it's a coincidence.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have no doubts that the motormount threads were already mostly stripped out. I also have no doubts that the FI cage focuses the impact to those bolts during a wreck and that's what caused the threads to go to ****.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:10 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott3824
Really. Then why have a large nuymber of people posted that the FI strips threads, especially on the f4i? Since helicoiling threads none of the 3 f4i's i see regularly have had that issue since switching to a SI cage, I highly doubt it's a coincidence.
i'm not arguing that the cage doesn't put stress on those threads, but iv'e never heard of a bike just falling over and stripping out BOTH sides from a low speed tip over on both wheels. that would basically mean those threads were so garbage that nothing would hold up. not even a basic frame slider, and i've seen regular frame sliders take huge beatings on those threads. mine only had bmx pegs on it for a long time taking a beating, meaning all on those threads.

the thing that doesn't jive is the fact that is just "fell over" and BOTH sides stripped. that's just too low impact for 2 sets of 10x1.25 threads to strip out.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:57 PM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
from what i have seen if someone is runing a SI cage they say it's the best.. if someone runs powers it's the best.... if someone has an F4i it's the best.. if someone has a 636 it's the best.... ect.. ect! like Darius said.... all cages can fail!

+1
Old 09-25-2007, 02:15 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

this thread apparently attracts idiots......
Old 09-25-2007, 02:16 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person

Originally Posted by skillz954
this thread apparently attracts idiots......
bwaahahaa it brought you here
Old 09-25-2007, 02:41 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

bwaahahaa it brought you here
no talk of an ignorant hill jack brought me here......turns out it was accurate!!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:03 PM

no talk of an ignorant hill jack brought me here......turns out it was accurate!!
hill jack???????? this is my city

im sure Andover Ma is more of a hill jack place than where i live
turns out.... you WAS CORRECT... "this thread attracts IDIOTS"
Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 PM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point

funny....u sure someone didn't strip out those bolts before he rode it? i rode my FI cage hard and flipped my 929 multiple times with stoppies and even a revlimiter coaster crash and it held up for 2 years.
Same here, love mine, on my f4i, and 954
Old 09-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< attracted
Old 09-26-2007, 11:22 AM

hill jack???????? this is my city
im sure Andover Ma is more of a hill jack place than where i live
turns out.... you WAS CORRECT... "this thread attracts IDIOTS"
well it's obvious you have internet in your trailer, you can copy a pic from online, nice work......as for being a hill jack, I was just going off the Urban dictionary definition:

hilljack - A person from the rural, hilled areas of Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
Descended from the origional settlers of the area, the hilljack has managed to avoid inbreeding and a lack of education; however, the hilljack tends to share certain social problems with their redneck cousins, such as excessive drinking, anger management, and Republican loyalism.

I don't see MA in that list......
Old 09-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

i m sure u guys know SI is the best cage out there , no question asked so why argue if its already proved.

proof speaks truth & action.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:27 PM

hilljack - A person from the rural, hilled areas of Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
Descended from the origional settlers of the area, the hilljack
not me.... im not in a rural, hilled area
Old 09-26-2007, 02:35 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Love my FI.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:56 PM

not me.... im not in a rural, hilled area
whatever you say Jack!!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM

whatever you say Jack!!

dont hate cause you live in YUPPYVILLE. your from the burbs homie!

BTW... nice power wheelie avatar... on a dirtbike i bet your preppy friends think your cool
Old 09-26-2007, 04:18 PM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 On using weak (ish) engine bolts. I'd rather bend a bolt than tear an engine mount.

Had FI On My Gixer (ripped a mount) and on the cbr, so far the Cbr has held up good. Will be getting SI when funds allow.