East vs West Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person
Re: East vs West Canada

Originally Posted by 5thgear
It's really easy just put away $500 a month until June that's $4000 each rider. Get a Sikorsky and start flying across Canada picking up riders and bikes on the way. Shouldn't be that hard to pull off it's not like the coast guard ever uses them.
Well look who it is........

hhahahahahahah
Old 11-09-2006, 09:00 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by Val_0
Ok, after giving it some thought I think that I might have a solution for travelling to Vancouver. This is just a thought and I still need to work out the major details. What I am thinking is rent a long-haul truck (53' trail) somewhere out east, say Montreal and have it drive across Canada and make stops in major "meeting spots" that are yet to be detirmined to pick up the bikes and rider's gear and deliver them to Vancouver. This rig will be paid for by us and the only thing that the riders will have to pay for is the flight/drive/grey hound ticket to Vancouver and back. As far as accomodations in Vancouver go we are planning to get a group discount at a hotel close to the venue. I have to stress, that this is just an idea and nothing has been set in stone. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

The dates for the show in my opinion should be Fri. June 29/Sat. Jun 30/Sun. Jul 1/Mon. Jul 2. It's the Canada Day long weekend and what better time than to have a stunt show and give enough time for everyone to travel here and back. Again, if you have some other suggestions please let me know.

Now with those two point clarified a little bit more, can you guys post who will be coming/thinking of coming? I need this info to try and see what targets I need to aim for and what arrangements I need to make. Also, I am going to try and get you all to email me who you are, where you are coming from, teams, special stuff that you might need, etc.

LETS MAKE THIS **** HAPPEN!!!

my email: ZRIVKIS@YAHOO.COM

Also, anyone out there who is willing to start working on a website give me a shout as well.
Im with Scott on this one I think it would be a much better Idea to have the event held more central, and Im not just sayin that because I woulnt have to travel much. If you were able to hold the event in Toronto somewhere by the docks/waterfront this **** would blow up if it was promoted properly!. Ive been stunting 2 seasons and I never heard once about TonyD's show in Toronto untill after it happened. The Starboys did the Indy and I only heard about it through the stunt comunity nothing on the radio no flyers at bike nights nothing Even Montreal would be better IMO thou I hate the way you get treated there if yoo dont know to speak french

Your transport truck idea sounds great but what about the rest of us more East of Montreal, so the people that would have to travel the longest distance would be left out Think about the guys on the island that sound very exited about an event like this, thats a long way coast to coast for braging rights for those guys. I personally dont know if Id haul my bike all the way to BC just to compete as an amatuer, especially if there is no chance at winning anything but braging rights. Id for sure fly or train over to attend the event but dont count on any of the local stunt guys from here hauling their bikes there.

Whatever you decide dont forget about the little people(amateurs), those are the ones that are ganna be shelling out the most money IMO. We have no sponsorship at all and no chance at winning prize money....Id be spendin the whole way there and back, buying every stunt related Tshirt, sticker, DVD, whatever the **** I can get my hands on while Im there....

If anyone needs any transport from Toronto or more east my sisters husband is in the logistics business, so I can most likely get a good rate on transporting bikes accross Canada...feel free to contact me
Old 11-09-2006, 09:43 AM

Val_0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Im with Scott on this one I think it would be a much better Idea to have the event held more central, and Im not just sayin that because I woulnt have to travel much. If you were able to hold the event in Toronto somewhere by the docks/waterfront this **** would blow up if it was promoted properly!. Ive been stunting 2 seasons and I never heard once about TonyD's show in Toronto untill after it happened. The Starboys did the Indy and I only heard about it through the stunt comunity nothing on the radio no flyers at bike nights nothing Even Montreal would be better IMO thou I hate the way you get treated there if yoo dont know to speak french

Your transport truck idea sounds great but what about the rest of us more East of Montreal, so the people that would have to travel the longest distance would be left out Think about the guys on the island that sound very exited about an event like this, thats a long way coast to coast for braging rights for those guys. I personally dont know if Id haul my bike all the way to BC just to compete as an amatuer, especially if there is no chance at winning anything but braging rights. Id for sure fly or train over to attend the event but dont count on any of the local stunt guys from here hauling their bikes there.

Whatever you decide dont forget about the little people(amateurs), those are the ones that are ganna be shelling out the most money IMO. We have no sponsorship at all and no chance at winning prize money....Id be spendin the whole way there and back, buying every stunt related Tshirt, sticker, DVD, whatever the **** I can get my hands on while Im there....

If anyone needs any transport from Toronto or more east my sisters husband is in the logistics business, so I can most likely get a good rate on transporting bikes accross Canada...feel free to contact me
Here is my reasoning for wanting to do the show in Vancouver and not really anywhere else. Hopefully this explains it. I have contacts and knowledge of Vancouver that I don't have of other places. I am doing all of this during/after work and can't really take time to go and see the other cities. The reason why I can't do it from here is because I don't know who, what and where to do. I can approach local businesses and try and get them involved as sponsors. I can go and check out the possible venues, hotels, etc here and I can't do it there. The reason that I am not really worried about it being here and having all of you come across Canada is because we would like to make this an annual event. Which means that in 2007 we'll have it here on the west coast and in 2008 we'll have it out on the east. You guys can come and see what we did right and what we did wrong and make the next event bigger and better.

As for the meeting spots. Like I said before, let me know who lives where and that way I'd be able to try and set something up. If I don't know how many of you live where I can't get anything going!!!

Pros vs Ams. The format doesn't really matter to me. Like I said you the riders have to decide again. I don't care if everyone rides as a pro, but again there will be a limited amount of prize money as there always is. So the top 3 guys in each category will take it, which will leave the not so good guys out. Also, categories with less than 4-5 people won't run as pros otherwise everyone wins. So those cat. will always be ran as ams. Ams class is for people who want to compete but know that they might not be as good as some of you.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:06 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well Martin has like 3 repsol 1000rr's I'm sure he will let us borrow.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:23 PM
*G*

*G* is an unknown quantity at this point

i am definetley down... and i pretty sure the guys i ride with you problly know them scott.. would also be down to go and put on a how/comp
it would be awsome to have like the pro class who will win $$$$ and an AM class for bragging rights.. as for location, if its gonna be like a 2 or 3 day hting im sure every one can take kind of a "holiday" to come out to were ever it is gonna be held
Old 11-09-2006, 01:19 PM

urban_fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone part indian? You could hold it on a reserve, get us all free smokes, booze, gasoline and weed, plus, you could get the whole thing, travel costs included, subsidised by the Canadian government. haha! Not to mention the cops wont step foot on the reserve no matter how much schite gets stirred up!

The only down side, it would be on an indian reserve. Though I've heard great things about Caladonia... or for a more central location, just outside Brandon Manitoba. hahaha!

Seriously though, I think the idea of an annual Canadian stunt comp/show would be great in theory. The practicality of it though, well... that's the tuff issue.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=urban_fusion] Not to mention the cops wont step foot on the reserve no matter how much schite gets stirred up! [QUOTE]

You are out to lunch man.. Here in Alberta i feel safe to wheelie any road outside of the city police limits cuz i know all the rcmp are AT the reserve.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:34 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

driving to van from newfoundland is impossible, way to far to travel for us, and i don't think we got the skill to compete anyways !
havin a canadian stunt comp would be awesome though
but i love christains idea, meet up in the middle , and do a canadain project of dreams style ride, that would be sick !
load of canadian riders just tearin up lots and the streets for a few days,
we'd def try hard to attend that if it got off the ground:YEAH
Old 11-09-2006, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by ry0s
driving to van from newfoundland is impossible, way to far to travel for us, and i don't think we got the skill to compete anyways !
havin a canadian stunt comp would be awesome though
but i love christains idea, meet up in the middle , and do a canadain project of dreams style ride, that would be sick !
load of canadian riders just tearin up lots and the streets for a few days,
we'd def try hard to attend that if it got off the ground:YEAH
Well what if we got some bikes together and you just fly, i think thats a good idea.. probably not an r6. lol but im sure its not hard to get a few fi's together id let someone ride mine if they flew that far to come to an event. Ok actually i have a new plan.. I know of a place that has 3 bikes that i'd donate to this stunt event. Only problem is its the police impound. So im thinking that maybe we can distract the guards with Martins good looks or fancy pants and the rest of us just go in and get the bikes.

Last edited by SCOTT_Chychul; 11-09-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:39 PM

Guys, I don't think that you are following me here. What we ARE trying to do is have something like "Daytona Week" or whatever that **** is called. Stunt show is only a part of it. If everything works out right and it happens on the long weekend then it won't just be a 4 hour a day event at the track. We are planning parties, tearing up the streets, getting in ****, whatever is fun. So the entire weekend, 24 hours we'll be doing something. Not just competing and going home.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:45 PM

Now, here is the important part. You all are big boys and you all have to make a living... So here is the deal. Find out what it costs for each one of you wherever you are to fly out here during the Canada Day Long Weekend. So you are here on Fri. Jun 29 and that you leave on Monday Jul 2, 2007. I will also need AGAIN to know how many of you are planning on coming. If you don't let me know soon, I will not be able to try and get good hotel rates and then we'll all be out of luck when the time comes. Email me your contact info so I can keep you updated. Please include yourself and everyone else who might come with you, ie. g/f, wife, kids, etc. Tell me that you are coming even if it's just 1% that you'll actually make it out here.

Once you figured out how much the ticket will cost you, start saving up money. Again, we can't pay for everything. It is also VERY IMPORTANT that the potential sponsors know how many people want to come out.

So get your *** in gear and email me.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 PM

urban_fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by urban_fusion
Not to mention the cops wont step foot on the reserve no matter how much schite gets stirred up!
Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
You are out to lunch man.. Here in Alberta i feel safe to wheelie any road outside of the city police limits cuz i know all the rcmp are AT the reserve.
I guess our indians is more gangsta.

Honestly though, I hope this thing works out for everyone. I'm not ready to commit to the trip (hell, I just got into hybernation mode), but I think if it was goin down I would def put some extra thought into the logistics of making it out west. For now though, I'm going to have to play the "wait and see what happens" game.

Keep doin' what you're doin though - I have to commend you guys for taking the initiative on this one - never know what it could turn into for sure.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Well what if we got some bikes together and you just fly, i think thats a good idea.. probably not an r6. lol but im sure its not hard to get a few fi's together id let someone ride mine if they flew that far to come to an event. Ok actually i have a new plan.. I know of a place that has 3 bikes that i'd donate to this stunt event. Only problem is its the police impound. So im thinking that maybe we can distract the guards with Martins good looks or fancy pants and the rest of us just go in and get the bikes.
gettin use to a different bike wouldn't be the easiest i'd say
but a f4i would be the best, i ride my buddies a lil bit
and also i wouldn't wanna beat up someone elses bike haha!
and i dont' consider myself good enough to compete yet
Old 11-09-2006, 03:01 PM

gettin use to a different bike wouldn't be the easiest i'd say
but a f4i would be the best, i ride my buddies a lil bit
and also i wouldn't wanna beat up someone elses bike haha!
and i dont' consider myself good enough to compete yet
I understand that, but im just sayin if all it will cost if a couple hundred to fly out here and ride with the guys, then why not. Its about having fun. My bike got hit by a truck and lived,, whats the worst you can do to it ? Just dont try anything so far over your head you have no hope of doing it and its all good.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:47 PM

haha yeah, i'm sure i wouldn't kill it
just talkin like worse case point of view, would love to get out for a ride with you guys, we'll talk over the winter see what happens
Old 11-09-2006, 04:43 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if the proposal is a cheap way to get the bikes out there, I just checked airfare for those dates (expedia.ca) and its roughly $1000 roundtrip from Ottawa.
I would consider it and I am sure the rest of the crew would as well..
For us the bikes would be the big concern..
Loaner bikes are def an option but is it practical to think that you could get all the stunt bikes required ? Sprockets, handbrakes, cages...etc etc...

I like the idea of a HUGE event. Totally understand that if you guys are doing all of the organizing then its in your back yard...

There is alot of work to be done to get something like this off the ground. However it you guys put all the effort into it then I would def try my best to attend...with the rest of the dogs of course.

Cheers

SK
Old 11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

Just drive you pussies, i drove 30 hours alone last week and about to do it again.lol
Old 11-09-2006, 05:19 PM

Do you not have a job ?

Originally Posted by FiSh
Just drive you pussies, i drove 30 hours alone last week and about to do it again.lol
Old 11-09-2006, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by FiSh
lol, thats a bit much of a drive one end of canada to the other
Old 11-09-2006, 05:28 PM

No shiat !!

lol, thats a bit much of a drive one end of canada to the other

Quick Reply: East vs West Canada