Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   East vs West Canada (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/173314-east-vs-west-canada.html)

Val_0 11-08-2006 12:44 PM

East vs West Canada

So here is the story. We, in Vancouver, BC, Canada are thinking of organizing our first full stunt show/competition. Before we commit to anything major we would like to get a little "show of hands" on a few topics that we aren't too sure about. The show, if it is decided that it's worth setting up, will be in the summer of 2007. Please let us know what you think about the following:

The competition will be open to all riders who think that they have something to bring to the table. The rest is undecided.

1. Should the competition be divided into Pros and Ams? With Pros competing for money while Ams are competing for bragging rights?
2. Should the event be more of a stunt show where riders get a flat fee or a competition where only top riders will get the money?
3. How many riders will actually pay their way up to Vancouver and provide their own accommodations? How big does the purse need to be to entice the riders to come up here?
4. What would be a format that riders and spectators will enjoy?
5. How long should the event be? A 1 day split into two sessions or a full 2 day event?

These are the basic points that we would like to see discussion about. All your input is valuable and we appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Saturnin 11-08-2006 01:03 PM

Re: East vs West Canada

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

jmo 11-08-2006 01:57 PM

thats pretty far

*Tanus* 11-08-2006 02:40 PM

isnt weed legal in B.C. kinda like amsterdam w/ smoke shops and $hit, if its is I'm in.

SCOTT_Chychul 11-08-2006 02:42 PM

Im all for it. Competition for sure. If its going to happen i think meeting someplace in the middle would be best. Everyone already knows the west wins so i don't blame the east coast for not showing up. lol.

Val_0 11-08-2006 02:47 PM

[quote=*IRONLUNG*]isnt weed legal in B.C. kinda like amsterdam w/ smoke shops and $hit, if its is I'm in.[/quote]

To paraphrase your former president: "That depends on how you define the word legal". Can you smoke it hasle free? Yes. Can you easily buy it and if you do get caught they'll probably let you go? Yes. Can you grow a forest of it in your house while stealing electricity from the power co? No.

But if you come up for the show, I am sure there are going to be lots of people who'll point you in the right direction. Just rememeber, drug testing is mandatory ;)

Val_0 11-08-2006 02:48 PM

[quote=SCOTT_Chychul]Im all for it. Competition for sure. If its going to happen i think meeting someplace in the middle would be best. Everyone already knows the west wins so i don't blame the east coast for not showing up. lol.[/quote]

The main problem with "meeting in the middle" is who will organize it in the "middle". Gas and I live in Vancouver and it's the easiest place for us to try and arrange something just because we have other commitments and have to do this on our own time.

FiSh 11-08-2006 04:10 PM

If you build it they will come.

matt_h63 11-08-2006 04:50 PM

i'm in and so are all my boys game on and make it a weekend

Val_0 11-08-2006 05:01 PM

[quote=matt_h63]i'm in and so are all my boys game on and make it a weekend[/quote]

Do you mind me asking how many are of you?

skidmark 11-08-2006 05:02 PM

definetly a weekend (2 days) sounds fun... And do a 50 comp too, That's all I've been riding the past 2 weeks cuz of this crap weather, so I'll be killin it by summer
:fiddy

OverRatedRiderz 11-08-2006 05:07 PM

bring it to Ontario... lots of people will show up..i know probably 15 people who will definetly come an join in the competition... and make it pros vs pros an ams vs ams...an 50 comps an 100cc-250cc comps...!!

matt_h63 11-08-2006 05:27 PM

not many of us since we jst started but probally be at least 5 of us.

bulletproofbcx 11-08-2006 05:28 PM

Is Ontario considered central or east coast? If it is east coast then you west coast boys got some competion headed your way. I think it would be an awsome idea to have a stunt competition anywhere in Canada. We are along ways behind the U.S and it would be nice if we had a few of them to scheduale for 2007. I am very interested in meeting some competition from our own country and get together. I am a stunt rider for Border City Xtreems in southern Ontario. I would be up for any event someone puts together. Count my stunt team in but make sure the events are good ones and original. Stunt wars events are gettin stail. We need to have something like the Starboyz had. Maybe we can put something together down here so that you west coast riders will have to travel to see us also. It would also be nice to have a cometition where we are not competing against guys who ride all year round. Just my two cents and they are free. Let us know what is goin on. :YEAH

Ledson 11-08-2006 05:29 PM

Well there is one stunt team in Newfoundland (709riders). Thats as far East as your going to get. One stunt team in Nova Scotia (Streetpunishment) and one team in NewBrunswick (Production-X). And that about covers the East coast. All the ones in the middle and out West have nothing on them...:scrape :LOL

Just Joking, but there isn't a lot of people into stunting from the Maritimes. Maybe someday everyone can hook up for a comp. But can't see anyone traveling to B.C. Ontario though would be perfect.

SCOTT_Chychul 11-08-2006 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Val_0]The main problem with "meeting in the middle" is who will organize it in the "middle". Gas and I live in Vancouver and it's the easiest place for us to try and arrange something just because we have other commitments and have to do this on our own time.[/QUOTE]

Well all i am saying is if your not willing to drive half way, how can you expect them to come twice that ? Your making it an east vs west.. all its going to turn into is a west vs west.. The middle is someplace around the sask/manitoba boarder. Nothing but feilds, i dont think it would be a problem to bring some kind of event out there. Town would most likely be happy to have people visit for a change. You dont need to live in the city to make a call and arrange anything. Hell make it here in edmonton. Castrol park is one of the nicest drag stips ive ever seen. Bran new flat black ashpault and a 5 achre drift pad for cars. Even that would save 11 hours off their trip :shruggs

SCOTT_Chychul 11-08-2006 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=bulletproofbcx]We are along ways behind the U.S [/QUOTE]

:nono

BigAl04'636 11-08-2006 05:40 PM

Canada is a big ass country with alotta nothing in between. It would be amazing to get everyone together and see what kind of talent we have, but lord, can you really ask someone to truck there bike 3000km to a stunt comp. There better be some serious cake on the line...

matt_h63 11-08-2006 06:00 PM

saskatoon folks nice in the middle awesome riding spots.

Val_0 11-08-2006 06:07 PM

Ok guys, thanks for the input. I'll try to answer your questions and address your concerns one by one.

1. Why don't we do it somewhere central like Ontario, Sask, AB? The answer is very simple. It will be very hard for us to organize such an event remotely. To inspect the site, to get insurance, hotels, etc. requires a huge amount of time on our part and we just can't do it because we also work 9-5 jobs.
2. We are trying to organize an actual, professional, quality event with sponsors, media coverage, and wide exposure in general. There for it is yet again very important to us that we can make everything run smoothly and professionally. We would like to provide you with the best experience possible and well as put on a great show.
3. We would like to make this even an annual thing and have it "travel" the country. The West coast puts it on one year and the East coast puts it on another.
4. What considers an East coast vs West coast. It's your choice. When you sign up you decide which team you want to represent. The only catch is that guys from TO CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES represent West coast. j/k :D
5. Classes. Classes will be decided by the amount of interest during sign up. We will have as many classes as we can possibly think of during sign up and we will decide on the final format once we have all the numbers. So, if we have 10 guys interested in a 50 event it will run, but if we have 2 guys interested in it we'll try to make it part of the show rather than the competition.
6. I think that most of you agree on a two-day format. So that's pretty much set.
7. Travel out west and expenses in general. We are going to do our best (no promises) to at least subsidize your travel and stay expenses. We have never done this and we don't really know how much money or what kind of support we can get from sponsors. If you have any way to help, ie. can help with the website design, advertising costs, printing fliers, etc. it will be greatly appreciated.

If I forgot something or you have other ideas, please let us know. Post them up rather than pm me as I would like everyone's input.