I'm convinced...the GSXR-1000!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 08:11 PM

sAmThEmAn209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I'm convinced...the GSXR-1000!

Well, we aint gonna make you not get it. But i recomment you take it for a test ride befor you commite to paying that much money and fucckin it up...
Old 03-02-2005, 08:13 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HawaiiHayabusa
I realize I am not an expert, and I realize that I am not a hardass because I am in the military......I would like something that I can be proud of, grow with, and learn a lot. I learned soooo much with my 250, and on buddies bikes, I learned a lot. I think I can control myself on a bike that is a little larger than I am used to.
This bike is NOT alittle larger man. You can be proud of a 750 gixxer, you wont outgrow a 750 gixxer, and you can learn just as much on a 1k as you can on a 600. Theres really no need to get that 1k unless you plan on takin it to the track. IMO liter bikes dont belong on streets.

Let the flames roll in from that comment if they do but a 750 is plenty of bike for what you need. Im no expert either, but i know theres no reason id need a liter bike.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:19 PM

Ninja Nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
This bike is NOT alittle larger man. You can be proud of a 750 gixxer, you wont outgrow a 750 gixxer, and you can learn just as much on a 1k as you can on a 600. Theres really no need to get that 1k unless you plan on takin it to the track. IMO liter bikes dont belong on streets.

Let the flames roll in from that comment if they do but a 750 is plenty of bike for what you need. Im no expert either, but i know theres no reason id need a liter bike.
just because YOU can't handle a liter bike, don't **** on someone else's dream of getting one. after i got mine, i'll never get anything under 1000cc. (cept for a 929 or 954).
Old 03-02-2005, 08:21 PM

HawaiiHayabusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks NINJA NICK. At least someone here has taken a chance and has been happy with the results.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:21 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i went from a gix1k, to a f4i... takes a hell of a lot more skill to keep a 6 up then a 1k... but i guess if you need the extra cc's to compensate lack of skill, i'd understand
Old 03-02-2005, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by HawaiiHayabusa
Thanks NINJA NICK. At least someone here has taken a chance and has been happy with the results.
no prob
Old 03-02-2005, 08:22 PM

sAmThEmAn209 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
i went from a gix1k, to a f4i... takes a hell of a lot more skill to keep a 6 up then a 1k... but i guess if you need the extra cc's to compensate lack of skill, i'd understand
HAHAHA
Old 03-02-2005, 08:24 PM

Damn crtchrktrcr you don't have to be soo mean! I will get skill.....with time and trial and error. Hopefully more trials than errors tho.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:24 PM

dawg, that's the whole point of "skill". once you have it, it is just as easy to keep on bike up as the next. and i have both a 600 and a 1000.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

whoa wait, thought u said u wouldn't have any bike under 1000cc's? and my point is, someone who can't hold bp, can still ride a mile long wheelie on a liter bike, chasin bp like it's their job and still keep it up forever...but with a 6, if u're not at bp, u'r done quick
Old 03-02-2005, 08:28 PM

crtchrktrcr if you are talking to me, I don't think I ever said that I would never have a bike under 1000cc's. I am not discriminating against the 600-750's. I like them. I just happen to like the 1000's better thats all. I have done some research, I can get a 1K at the same price as the 750 and gain just a little bit of weight for a hell of a lot more power!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:29 PM

whoa wait, thought u said u wouldn't have any bike under 1000cc's? and my point is, someone who can't hold bp, can still ride a mile long wheelie on a liter bike, chasin bp like it's their job and still keep it up forever...but with a 6, if u're not at bp, u'r done quick
yeah i see your point, and that's why he should get a liter bike so he can ride longer wheelies without really knowing what he's doing.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:30 PM
B.T.M.

if u happened to look at the post DIRECTLY above mine, ninja guy said he wouldn't own anything under 1000cc's...then stated he has a 600
Old 03-02-2005, 08:32 PM

if u happened to look at the post DIRECTLY above mine, ninja guy said he wouldn't own anything under 1000cc's...then stated he has a 600
my *****, i ****ing said "after i got my r1" which ****ing means that i had the 600 first you stupid ****.

I plan on learning on doing wheelies the right way, IN TIME. I am not just going to go out and do wheelies just because I can without getting close to BP. I will eventually learn where the BP is on the 1000 and be set. IN TIME.
B.T.M.

Originally Posted by Ninja Nick
yeah i see your point, and that's why he should get a liter bike so he can ride longer wheelies without really knowing what he's doing.
him not knowing what he's doing is the problem here! i'm not tryin to be a ****, trust me i've been through all the ppl sayin a liter bike is too much blah blah, but i had a gix6, gix 750, then a gix1k... takes time, and they act a lot diff then any 600... when u'r in a turn in 2nd gera, and u get on it, that ***** thinks u're rossi and likes to swing on u, and if u don't know what u're doin , wham highsided,,, nevermind the first and 2nd gear roll ons that have that thing flyin up on u... i feel like i can throw around my f4i like nothin, i think it makes u a better rider havin a 6cc
Old 03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
B.T.M.

dawg, that's the whole point of "skill". once you have it, it is just as easy to keep on bike up as the next. and i have both a 600 and a 1000.
look up *****, u never said you had a r1 first of all, and second.. never said which one u got first
Old 03-02-2005, 08:33 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

just because YOU can't handle a liter bike, don't **** on someone else's dream of getting one. after i got mine, i'll never get anything under 1000cc. (cept for a 929 or 954).
Who says i cant handle a 1k? I just know i dont need it... and i knew some douche was goin to flame me about that comment.

Others probably understand where im commin from. Im just tryin to keep the man from killin himself.

A 600 to a 1k is one thing... but a 250 to a 1k is like a 50 to a 600
Old 03-02-2005, 08:36 PM

my bad, i didn't mean to go off. anyway, i like 600's and all that ****, i just don't want the dude to get talked out something he really wanted.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want a gix 1k buy it youll like it. i dont think its such a great bike for stunting though.

Quick Reply: I'm convinced...the GSXR-1000!