FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Takegawa 88cc Bore Kit with 18mm Carb. Whos actually runs right

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 08:19 PM

hb five0 rider is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, you sound like a ***** bag, just admit your 18 ran better.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:33 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

potential is a decent person
wow thanks HB . no can do though, the 20 runs much better for me. imprezawd can back me up on that. maybe in different climates or elevations the 18 would work but not for me, or anyone i've talked to. my fiddy runs strong as hell now, i'd recommend the pc20 to anyone.
B
Old 01-11-2004, 01:57 PM

HB on the tread that i posted a while ago 4 people said they ran pc20's, 2 people said they ran 18's, and one ran stock. go figure.

B
Old 01-12-2004, 02:28 PM

kiwi50 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the 18 with my kit, not even my bike shop could get it running right. I have played & played with it & finally got it running OK. But only prob I carnt fix is it runs very lean down low untill very hot, then once hot it runs very rich. I have tried & tried so I guess I have kinda learned to live with it.
Apart from prob, I think this kit is great for my needs, best money I have spent....
Old 01-12-2004, 11:54 PM

hb five0 rider is an unknown quantity at this point
well what jet are you running? run the 85 or 82, it will run great. i dont see how you are all having problems with the 18, i have never heard of anyone having a problem with the 18.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by hb five0 rider
well what jet are you running? run the 85 or 82, it will run great. i dont see how you are all having problems with the 18, i have never heard of anyone having a problem with the 18.
I am running #85 main, standerd pilot jet, needle jet in middle position, air screw about 1-1 1/4 turns out.
If I move the clip up 1 the fiddy wont even start, if I move it down 1 it boggs & splutters & BBBWAAAAAAAAAA..

Last edited by kiwi50; 01-13-2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:07 PM

weedracer is a decent person
get rid of the 18, put the stock carb and air filter and pipe back on, then your bike will be fine
Old 01-13-2004, 03:29 PM

weedracer that's exactly what i did, i knew that'd work fine b/c i had run that setup on my bike in the past. i just adjusted the needle and airscrew and it's fine now. we're putting on imprezawd's ported head tonight and we'll see if we can't tune the 18 to that.
B
Old 01-13-2004, 05:30 PM

imprezawd is a decent person
Are u NUTS!!!!!!!!!!! I paid for that CARB i am using it !!!!!!
I rode my boys with a carb and mine with the OEM style carb and nothing compared to my boys. NOTHING ! If you are not running a carb you are loosing out on sooo much power..

I still think for STREET stunting the big bore kit and carb is a waste of money !! Way to twitchy
Old 01-13-2004, 06:32 PM

yeah whatever mr. 1/4 turn throttle... that's why you got off my 88 and said you never wanted to ride your piece of **** again! once i have the fiddy geared properly the top speed should (hopefully) be something like 45+, but i'll still be able to pull wheelies (and whoop yo ***) w/ ease.

B
Old 01-13-2004, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by hb five0 rider
i dont see how you are all having problems with the 18, i have never heard of anyone having a problem with the 18.
Originally posted by weedracer
[B] get rid of the 18, put the stock carb and air filter and pipe back on, then your bike will be fine [B]
I am to the point of being totally confused about which was 2 go. Im pi$$ed that I carnt quite gut it running perfect, but im not gonna let it beat me. I will try & try till I get it right. Dont see the point of putting standerd stuff back on when I shelled out for this carb,filter & exhaust..
Old 01-13-2004, 10:25 PM

weedracer is a decent person
Originally posted by kiwi50
I am to the point of being totally confused about which was 2 go. Im pi$$ed that I carnt quite gut it running perfect, but im not gonna let it beat me. I will try & try till I get it right. Dont see the point of putting standerd stuff back on when I shelled out for this carb,filter & exhaust..
Well these engines come from the factory a little corked up with the air filter and pipe thats on them. Put an aftermarket pipe and filter on them. You gain some topend power and loose bottomend. Put that 88 kit on a totally stock bike and it will have tons of bottomend power. It won`t bog anywhere, very little jetting is required and is very fun to ride. It will have more top end than stock, But will rarely hit the stock rev limiter unless its WOT on the street for a long time.
Now if your like me and can`t leave well enough alone. You add high flow filter, rev box, and a pipe. Spend hours jetting it and now you have bike with a little more topend and very little bottom end compared to what you started out with. hhhmm must need a bigger carb to compensate for all that air flow. Ok 20mm carb is on. The bike bogs and hesitates like a **** then pulls unbelievably hard on the topend. That bog must be from the fact that I`m trying to force all this gas and air through an intake port in the cylinder head the size of my pinky finger. Add a highflow cylinder head and the bike runs clean again. No bogs and tons of power throughout the entire rpm range.
The moral of the story is all of your aftermarket parts must work together to have smooth running engine. Don`t try and compensate. If you going to make part of the engine highflow, make the whole thing highflow. This is just based on my own experiance, But I would save $200 and buy the kitaco light bore over the takegawa s-stage. Then when I was ready to double the power again get a cylinder head and a carb that is bigger than the one that comes with the s-stage.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Regular StuntLifer

BEATUPGSXR can only hope to improve
mine runs fine fresh out the box