My new 50

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM

rharding91 is a decent person
My new 50

Just bought this little fiddy to play on and just barely got it in running condition. When I bought it the front rim was bent really bad so had to order another one and mess with the carbs a bit. Still runs funky but really surprised me how it hauls haha. My question is though what are the laws about riding it in the city? I live in Arizona and from what I found on servicearizona the MVD website I need to get it titled, since when I bought it the guy had no title. I actually traded an old tablet for it. I can not find a VIN on this thing anywhere have looked for about an hour before getting bored. Where are they located on these bikes? Are they removable?

Some pictures below of my bike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-06_09-42-37_81.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	246314   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-06_09-44-12_743.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	246315  
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM

Re: My new 50

In case anyone else was wondering I had a talk with some people down at the DMV and to get a title for it I just have to go through some steps to get a bonded title. The DMV couldnt find a VIN on my bike so there just going to give me a title. Dont know if it has a custom frame or what but worked out for me.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:50 PM

ducKhunt is a decent person

It might be a custom frame, the vin is usually on tube where the forks pass through. But yes the DMV will give you a bonded title and a vin but theyre going to make you pay. I also Live in AZ and have a street legal 50:

To make it street legal, you need a front light, rear light/brake light, a horn, at least one mirror, and a license plate light.

Once you have the title you can then just go to the DMV tell them you have a street legal bike and need to get a plate... go through their little song and dance, pay the fee and their you go.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:20 PM

Sweet thanks! and ya they did say bonded title, said it would be a portion of the bikes worth. How much is a 50 worth according to DMV? I dunno.

Do you have a silencer on your bike? Mine is too loud so much so that when I ride it people get mad anyway to quiet it without hurting the bike?

Also did you have to throw a little battery and a switch and what not on your 50, if so whered you put it. You should put some more pictures up of your wiring and things so I could see. I am really interested in making my bike street legal.